Hydraulic Jack Recommendations

RedDragon

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor Magnetic Lariat Sport 7.3
Anyone have a recommendation on a good frame jack. Getting ready to do some mods and with the Tremor frame being so high my older jacks aren't up to the task without stacking a punch of cinder blocks etc

Appreciate the help.

Search USA jack. They have a lot of options. Capacities up to 20 tons. Also have have long stroke models. Jacks are all made in the USA.

Last edited:
Can also look at safe jack. The have extension bars and pads as well as stability mounts.
I second Safe Jack, I have the 12 ton Recovery Kit that I use Offroad. It’s far superior to my 3.5 ton Pro Lift Shop Jack.

Thanks I will check these out, appreciate the responses!

Anyone packing a hi-lift jack in their bed? Curious on what you use for a jack point. Was easy on the wrangler with Steel rock sliders everywhere... not so much on the Tremor

I wouldn't recommend a Hi-lift. I don't believe the weight capacity is sufficient. They list the xtreme version as having a 5k pound capacity but I've seen them bow under load at that weight. I tried using one with my old 05 super duty. I used the tow hooks to lift from (also not recommended but it was an emergency) and the hi lift had a definite bow in it that freaked me out. I got rid of it after that.

Does anybody have pictures of the stock jack? Is it sufficient or just barely acceptable?

I’m considering the safe jack

I wouldn't rely on a stock jack of any vehicle
I don't understand, are Ford SuperDuty jacks unreliable? Or is it that you mean in an unpredictable situation on a trail it wouldn't be useful?

Standard jack isn't remarkable. It's satisfactory of use on flat level ground for a quick tire change but that's about it. Then again, that's what it's designed for. I wouldn't rely on it for use off the pavement. Go with a longer throw jack with a larger base or an off road specific floor jack. I don't recommend hi-lift jacks especially if you have a diesel

Standard jack isn't remarkable. It's satisfactory of use on flat level ground for a quick tire change but that's about it. Then again, that's what it's designed for. I wouldn't rely on it for use off the pavement. Go with a longer throw jack with a larger base or an off road specific floor jack. I don't recommend hi-lift jacks especially if you have a diesel
I agree with @Whyte Rhyno To add, the stock jack is made for the standard height Super Duty without any load. It is barely tall enough to lift the truck on flat level ground and if you have a payload it just won't lift it. Ford had the same problem with the Raptor, the jack was too short for the factory lift.

I don't understand, are Ford SuperDuty jacks unreliable? Or is it that you mean in an unpredictable situation on a trail it wouldn't be useful?
They are ok. its just if you get a flat tire the situation sucks and anything that makes it better I am all for. I would at least go for a 2 or 3 ton jack from Harbor Freight or get what I have the 3 ton jack from Pro Eagle, its worth it if you ever get a flat when you are off road

They are ok. its just if you get a flat tire the situation sucks and anything that makes it better I am all for. I would at least go for a 2 or 3 ton jack from Harbor Freight or get what I have the 3 ton jack from Pro Eagle, its worth it if you ever get a flat when you are off road

The two ton jack is not adequate for a super duty. My 7.3L has a Front Axle Weight of 4600 lbs, I am sure the diesel is pushing 5000 lbs.
C11B5E12-CB3D-44A1-AFDE-CD3E3B53AC2D.jpeg

The two ton jack is not adequate for a super duty. My 7.3L has a Front Axle Weight of 4600 lbs, I am sure the diesel is pushing 5000 lbs.
View attachment 11511
so the weight ticket i have it 4760 for the front axle

Have you used it yet. Wondering if it will pick up both front wheels on a Diesel.
Honestly maybe it could but I am not using for that using it on one of the corners so I am not damaging the jack but it should with no problem lift the back ... I also have a extra 300 lbs on my front so I am around 5k of weight on the front ... It's not for just the tremor ... Going to be using on all my vehicles but ... The tremor only needs tire rotations it high enough off the ground you can crawl under it ... But I will test it on the tremor today we have good weather and post how it does .... But I got it at $90 at a deal at the PX

Latest Discussions

Back