Hunting!

Good luck to those heading out West!

i try all 3 seasons in NY early bow oct rifle nov & muzzleloader/ late bow in mid dec

Most likely Mule.

She killed a Mule last year so I think this year she would like a Whitetail, but you never know, my friends Ranch has plenty of both and it being a quick trip I am sure if a nice Mule is standing broadside close she will change her mind real quick.

MTTremor what part of Montana do you call home?
Superior. Western Montana summer time. Born in Great Falls. South Texas in the winter.

Superior. Western Montana summer time. Born in Great Falls. South Texas in the winter.
My buddys elk last year in Lewiston, Montana

Attachments

• 11975.jpeg
    11975.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 11974.jpeg
    11974.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 49
Rodeo partners mule deer Montana
Adopted son guide in Alaska. Turned lemons into lemonade. He got a DWI as a minor lost his job did not know what to do next. So a friend of ours asked him to come to Alaska to learn to be a guide and now he guides all over from Alaska, New Zealand, and Asia. Living every man's dream. I'm proud of him.

Attachments

• 7124.jpeg
    7124.jpeg
    409.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 24432.jpeg
    24432.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 24435.jpeg
    24435.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 9216.jpeg
    9216.jpeg
    691.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 21180.jpeg
    21180.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 5259.jpeg
    5259.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG953083.jpg
    IMG953083.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 35
  • 7122.jpeg
    7122.jpeg
    470 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG952052.jpg
    IMG952052.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 35
Looks like I am the odd duck here shooting a 300WSM. Used to deer hunt a lot but had to switch to elk hunting since my wife won’t eat deer. Goin after a cow or spike this year for some good eats.

Hunting in MT has been getting more and more crowded so not sure what is going to happen this year with the virus stuff. May get lucky and see reduced pressure, but that is wishful thinking due to all the outdoor over crowding we saw this summer.

Rodeo partners mule deer Montana

Rodeo Partner, I'll guess Team Roping since you have a winter place in South Texas. My nephew is in Cisco Texas Rodeoing for the college. I've got a nice roping arena here at the house doing nothing, lost my good head horse about 6 years ago and not going to pay $15,000 for another one.

Looks like I am the odd duck here shooting a 300WSM. Used to deer hunt a lot but had to switch to elk hunting since my wife won’t eat deer. Goin after a cow or spike this year for some good eats.

Hunting in MT has been getting more and more crowded so not sure what is going to happen this year with the virus stuff. May get lucky and see reduced pressure, but that is wishful thinking due to all the outdoor over crowding we saw this summer.

Good Luck.

Believe me, I am very fortunate to a hunt private ranch in Montana, he only lets friends hunt so keeps the pressure down.

Rodeo Partner, I'll guess Team Roping since you have a winter place in South Texas. My nephew is in Cisco Texas Rodeoing for the college. I've got a nice roping arena here at the house doing nothing, lost my good head horse about 6 years ago and not going to pay $15,000 for another one.
Yea 15,000.00 is cheap these days. We have one here and up north. My daught is on the MSU rodeo team. This her last year. I wish I would have done that before I joined the PRCA but hell all the memories you can not put a price on that. Sorry to hear about your horse I hate loosing animals they become our family not just a tool.

Good Luck.

Believe me, I am very fortunate to a hunt private ranch in Montana, he only lets friends hunt so keeps the pressure down.
Most of the private ranches do not let anyone hunt because shit happens and someone usually closes a gate that should not be closed. You are one of the lucky few. Good luck sir.

Back