Iron Man

Live life to it's Fullest Thanking GOD for it all
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Iconic Silver Platinum Tremor w/winch
Current Ride #2
2020 Jaguar F Pace SVR - 2020 Harley Davidsnon Limited CVO
I’m having a cement driveway powered soon. It’s 15’ wide x 100’ long. New PVC fence to be installed. The company doing the whole job said double 5’ gates to open driveway. Is this enough. RV will be a future purchase. Opening seems to be small on my mind. Thanks

My last 2 RV trailers were 8 ft wide so it would be doable.
Something I've learned over the years though.....when backing the trailer in tight spots it's best to have an extra set of eyes " wife ".

I drove tractor trailers, dump trucks, farming equipment my entire life and still managed to hit the side of the house with the RV so had to retire the ole' macho man and always have my wife help guide the trailer.

So yes, 10 ft opening will suffice but have help.

Something I've learned over the years though.....when backing the trailer in tight spots it's best to have an extra set of eyes " wife ".

I drove tractor trailers, dump trucks, farming equipment my entire life and still managed to hit the side of the house with the RV so had to retire the ole' macho man and always have my wife help guide the trailer.

Thanks for your knowledgable wisdom my brother. Ive never backed up anything larger than a small bike trailer. So that back up assist with my order of a 2021 F350 Tremor, is made for my GREEN ASS.
I saw a video on utube that said it helps BUT THERES STILL A LEARNING CURVE. Im sure ill hit the house also. But FIRST I need to get a truck to pull it, and the song says.
And Im now going to request 2- 6' gates for my PUNK ASS
Thanks again.

Lol, yeah 12' opening will give ya' an extra foot on each side.

This is a 30 ft trailer and takes a couple of tries to get it right.
20200921_091152.jpg

I’m having a cement driveway powered soon. It’s 15’ wide x 100’ long. New PVC fence to be installed. The company doing the whole job said double 5’ gates to open driveway. Is this enough. RV will be a future purchase. Opening seems to be small on my mind. Thanks
keep the slides in :sneaky:

most trailers i seen and have owned (toy haulers) are 102" wide my gates are 2 5' gates its plenty of space nut if you can go 12ft would be way easier lol.

most trailers i seen and have owned (toy haulers) are 102" wide my gates are 2 5' gates its plenty of space nut if you can go 12ft would be way easier lol.
This site is so helpful. I told the Pavement company that I need 2- 6’ gates now. He started to tell me I didn’t need them but I insisted. I’m paying 56,000$ for 2- new driveways and fences and stoop and 2- retaining walls, that this is a must for me.
So he had sent over his fence guy and that man agreed and said no big deal. I make a Quality 6’ gate and good thing I spoke up before he got the material. So again all you great men of this site have helped me out with so many different things. It’s Amazingly Helpful to do many of us who have questions and no experience in certain matters.
If you didn’t already, consider upgrading your status on this site, by paying 20$ and becoming a Founding member. It supports this awesome site. You get 3 Tremor stickers and some other perks. Modified and a few others have done an awesome job.
Im not one to push for other people’s stuff UNLESS ITS JUST A GREAT PRODUCT I’m just blown away at how great this site is. That’s all. Sorry to make such a big deal over it.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL MY BROTHERS. PEACE ✌️

This site is so helpful. I told the Pavement company that I need 2- 6’ gates now. He started to tell me I didn’t need them but I insisted. I’m paying 56,000$ for 2- new driveways and fences and stoop and 2- retaining walls, that this is a must for me.
So he had sent over his fence guy and that man agreed and said no big deal. I make a Quality 6’ gate and good thing I spoke up before he got the material. So again all you great men of this site have helped me out with so many different things. It’s Amazingly Helpful to do many of us who have questions and no experience in certain matters.
If you didn’t already, consider upgrading your status on this site, by paying 20$ and becoming a Founding member. It supports this awesome site. You get 3 Tremor stickers and some other perks. Modified and a few others have done an awesome job.
Im not one to push for other people’s stuff UNLESS ITS JUST A GREAT PRODUCT I’m just blown away at how great this site is. That’s all. Sorry to make such a big deal over it.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL MY BROTHERS. PEACE ✌️
Good choice My singing car bay is 10’ wide and when just backing my 8.5’ wide boat in it is tight. Doable but tight and have to have the right line since not a lot of room for errors 12 would make it much easier.

My pole barn is spec'd out with 12' x 12' doors. I wanted to be able to back in a travel trailer, boat & trailer, and my utility trailer. I consider myself a pretty good backer upper, but hitting my new barn with my new truck sounds like a bad idea.

So, for the travel trailer, I think it'll be more like pull it in, and do a U-turn inside the barn - then put the trailer wherever it's going to be. Maybe even do that for the boat. The ATV/Utility trailer shouldn't be a problem - as it offers easy sight-lines.

I found a site that says the turning radius is 26.5 feet for a Super Duty with the 160" wheelbase - so I should be good - but then I started thinking that maybe the Tremor tires may effect turning radius. That spec didn't specify tire or model or whatever. So... Anyone know if 26.5' is right for Tremor turning radius, or at least close to being correct? Or should I start practicing precision trailer backing upping -- AND practice getting the wife to be a ground guide to get on the same page for gestures & such (which would probably be more needed & important anyway)?

My pole barn is spec'd out with 12' x 12' doors. I wanted to be able to back in a travel trailer, boat & trailer, and my utility trailer. I consider myself a pretty good backer upper, but hitting my new barn with my new truck sounds like a bad idea.

So, for the travel trailer, I think it'll be more like pull it in, and do a U-turn inside the barn - then put the trailer wherever it's going to be. Maybe even do that for the boat. The ATV/Utility trailer shouldn't be a problem - as it offers easy sight-lines.

I found a site that says the turning radius is 26.5 feet for a Super Duty with the 160" wheelbase - so I should be good - but then I started thinking that maybe the Tremor tires may effect turning radius. That spec didn't specify tire or model or whatever. So... Anyone know if 26.5' is right for Tremor turning radius, or at least close to being correct? Or should I start practicing precision trailer backing upping -- AND practice getting the wife to be a ground guide to get on the same page for gestures & such (which would probably be more needed & important anyway)?
Sounds like a sick barn if you can uturn in it.

Glad you got it squared away. It is odd to me that your fence guy went straight to a 10' gate. When I was having mine done, the guy went straight to a 12' gate (double 6's). My trailer is the standard 8' width, so it would have fit in a 10' gate (9.5' actual opening), but I was glad that I had the larger opening when I was having a couple of trees taken down and the guy needed to get his lift truck back there.

Sounds like a sick barn if you can uturn in it.
40' x 60'. It's build date is coming up too. It's going to be an eventful October, as long as stuff doesn't start slipping. Starting to prep the retirement place.

40' x 60'. It's build date is coming up too. It's going to be an eventful October, as long as stuff doesn't start slipping. Starting to prep the retirement place.
Do you have your travel trailer and know the exact height already? Mine is 10.5 to the roof, but that doesn't include antenna or a/c. When I was working with the guys getting ideas for my future shop, they suggested a 12' wide x 14' high door and 16' walls to make sure i don't run into any issues with current or future trailers.

Do you have your travel trailer and know the exact height already? Mine is 10.5 to the roof, but that doesn't include antenna or a/c. When I was working with the guys getting ideas for my future shop, they suggested a 12' wide x 14' high door and 16' walls to make sure i don't run into any issues with current or future trailers.
Yup, I'm good. I'm at ~11' tall, including everything that sticks up. I went 12' doors and 14' walls. I'm willing to allow the 12' doors limit any subsequent camper purchases, because I'm just not that into camping. The camper is our temporary cabin, till we build our retirement house.

I gotta remember not to share this thread with my wife (who does like camping). Sorry honey, but you already know I don't love camping (if you ever do read this).

Yup, I'm good. I'm at ~11' tall, including everything that sticks up. I went 12' doors and 14' walls. I'm willing to allow the 12' doors limit any subsequent camper purchases, because I'm just not that into camping. The camper is our temporary cabin, till we build our retirement house.

I gotta remember not to share this thread with my wife (who does like camping). Sorry honey, but you already know I don't love camping (if you ever do read this).
That is the route to go. I've known people that live in their trailer while building the shop and then move the trailer into the shop and still live in it while building their house.

No gate, but did have a 12X55’ slab poured and am very happy. Ran an 80’ 10 gauge extension cord from a 30 amp plug from the house to the trailer for power. Sure beats paying storage fees and no security concerns. I would get a gate wide enough to give you plenty of room to back in If that’s your plan. 5’ on each side sounds about right.
17B7EEBB-A5C0-4128-B214-5E9A974147E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Back