How to protect all the black plastic trim ?

R32GT-R

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 King Ranch Ultimate 6.7 Tremor - Antimatter/Stone
Current Ride #2
1998 Nissan Patrol/Safari TD42t - i6 IDI, 1989 Nissan R32 GT-R
I am looking for a product that will clean/protect the black plastic trim ? ( bumpers, hood cowl, mirrors, roof trim )

I have tried VRP - Chemical Guys but its water based and just rinses off in the first rain and leaves a greasy looking mess all over the paint.

Today i am purchasing some 303 Protectant to give it a try...

any other ideas ?

Meguiare's Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer lasts pretty well IMHO.
Good to hear. I’m putting my old solid fold tonneau on my new tremor, and I just applied 2 coats of the ultimate black. It looks great. If it hold up, that will be awesome. Don’t want to buy a new one. I run that with a tool box, and I like the setup

I am biased given proximity of the company to where I live and work, but Duragloss has many good products of all types for auto care. Just google them, I’m certain they have something like what you are looking for. Not sure if a retailer near you would have it, but online sales might satisfy. Just a thought!

I’ve used mothers back to black in the past worked pretty good

I was going to suggest Ultimate Black Restorer or Back to Black but they've both been suggested.

Personally, i'm a big fan of Meguiars.

GYEON Quartz Q2 Trim is a great solution and holds up for a long period of time. Have used it on all my vehicle plastic trim for years.

Refinish Restorer is the best stuff I have ever used. First used it when I had an Avalanche with all the black plastic that faded to gray. It was amazing. Recently used it on a 21 SD I just bought used and the stupid textured black plastic on the rear bumpers was already faded and impossible to clean. Remembered I had this and one coat later looked like new again. And it lasts a year or more.

Even exterior? I’ve always used it for dash’s and interior trim.

Yes. I learned about it during a rafting trip. They put it on all the rafts, kayaks, and anything else susceptible to damage from the sun. My only complaint is its ugly if it gets on your paint, just like Armor All or anything else that makes plastic and rubber look good.

This stuff? Ive used it on exterior stuff like boat vinyl, RV canopy and the RV propane tank cover. Worked well on everything but the black plastic RV propane tank cover. Collected dust and then after washing it turned chalky. My stuff is parked indoors when not in use. Cant say I was overly impressed with it. Didnt seem any different than the old Armorall stuff IMO.
303 aerospace.jpg

Cerakote trim coat.
Best I’ve ever used. Last 200 washes.
I bought a box before my 2022 arrived as the first mod because it’s so good.

your welcome ….
Based on your recommendation i got cerakote. Waiting to apply it, it’s 100 degress out, i want it to cool down a bit so that the coating doesn’t dry before i have a chance to spread it.

Even exterior? I’ve always used it for dash’s and interior trim.
I only use it exterior, don’t want to breath that stuff if it evaporates.

It doesn’t leech the plastics leaving them more faded like armor all products seem to

Back