How to incorporate TPMS & Airstream Pottery Barn Camera into 2022 F350 display?

Roadking71865

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 Lariat Ultimate Star White Tremor Sport 6.7L
Current Ride #2
Airstream Pottery Barn 28RBT
I have a separate TPMS monitor and have the backup camera display that came with our Airstream Pottery Barn. Is there a way to incorporate both of these displays into my truck display? If so, does anyone have experience if it works well or not? I know there is a harness kit but it includes the camera which I don't need because one came mounted on our unit from the factory. Just trying to cut down on the extra displays to possibly make room for a Garmin RV unit or just a better view. Thanks

I haven‘t seen it done, but it may work, I can’t really say. I opted for a BuiltRight mount on the dash for the camera (I have my trailer TPMS through my phone). It’s easy to remove if we are going to be in one spot for a while and it doesn‘t block my view of the road, it still lines up with hood at my height (6’3”).

If you want to cut down on the TPMS screen you could go with the Ford option and integrate the system that way.

F692F95B-B9F5-4A68-9B4B-A995D13BC2AF.jpeg

As far as I know you’ll need to get the OEM sensors from ford as a starting point. Reach out to Ronnie Dennis of Airstream Nuts and Bolts (Google search and you’ll find him) and he can probably help you get situated on if the camera integration is possible with the one that comes with the newer Airstreams.

You’ll have to have to have the Ford kit that has the TPMS monitor and rear camera cables to plug into he rear trailer plug. I don’t think they sell those cables without the camera, but I guess there’s a chance. But if you want integration into the truck, that’s the way you’ll have to do it. Then, the airstream guy may be able to tell you if the camera cable could be attached to your existing camera. But regardless, you will still have to buy the Ford kit, so you have the plug you will need and the cables.

You’ll have to have to have the Ford kit that has the TPMS monitor and rear camera cables to plug into he rear trailer plug. I don’t think they sell those cables without the camera, but I guess there’s a chance. But if you want integration into the truck, that’s the way you’ll have to do it. Then, the airstream guy may be able to tell you if the camera cable could be attached to your existing camera. But regardless, you will still have to buy the Ford kit, so you have the plug you will need and the cables.
Agree. I don't think the camera is anything special... I have it and it works fine, but I think it could be changed, as long as you have the Ford infrastructure with the additional 12 pin connector. I don't remember if they provide a pinout in the kit (I'll check), but the 12 pin handles the trailer TPMS sensors and the camera so you wouldn't need access to every pin...

Agree. I don't think the camera is anything special... I have it and it works fine, but I think it could be changed, as long as you have the Ford infrastructure with the additional 12 pin connector. I don't remember if they provide a pinout in the kit (I'll check), but the 12 pin handles the trailer TPMS sensors and the camera so you wouldn't need access to every pin...
I know they sell the plug aspect, just not sure they sell the appropriate cable/connector not in a package. Then there would be hope.

I know there's a solution out there. We've had people integrate signals to the display before....it might be harder with the newer trucks, or just not been developed yet.

I'd drop a line to these guys to see what they say: https://pac-audio.com/

I have a new Airstream 27GT and have the same dilemma with the extra screens. I just had the Airstream provided TPMS sensors swapped out for the Ford ones and that eliminates one screen. I'm not sure yet about the camera - I am thinking of leaving the Airstream wireless one in place and using the Ford supplied one to monitor the undercarriage or possibly the interior while underway (if I can find a good way to route the cable without making a big hole in the rig). But as others have mentioned I plan to install the Builtrite rack to mount any screens that remain which will make it easy to pop on and off during travel days. By the way I do use the Garmin 890RV and it's worth every penny as we use for route planning before and during the trip to make sure we have safe passage with the rig. So far only one minor routing glitch (it doesn't like the Cross Bronx but who does...) but other than that it's been flawless for us.

I have a new Airstream 27GT and have the same dilemma with the extra screens. I just had the Airstream provided TPMS sensors swapped out for the Ford ones and that eliminates one screen. I'm not sure yet about the camera - I am thinking of leaving the Airstream wireless one in place and using the Ford supplied one to monitor the undercarriage or possibly the interior while underway (if I can find a good way to route the cable without making a big hole in the rig). But as others have mentioned I plan to install the Builtrite rack to mount any screens that remain which will make it easy to pop on and off during travel days. By the way I do use the Garmin 890RV and it's worth every penny as we use for route planning before and during the trip to make sure we have safe passage with the rig. So far only one minor routing glitch (it doesn't like the Cross Bronx but who does...) but other than that it's been flawless for us.
I have a Garmin 890RV as well... Another option you have is to pair a Garmin wireless backup camera to the 890 and use that screen. I contemplated that route but ended up using the Ford camera.

I have a separate TPMS monitor and have the backup camera display that came with our Airstream Pottery Barn. Is there a way to incorporate both of these displays into my truck display? If so, does anyone have experience if it works well or not? I know there is a harness kit but it includes the camera which I don't need because one came mounted on our unit from the factory. Just trying to cut down on the extra displays to possibly make room for a Garmin RV unit or just a better view. Thanks
Do NOT let me wife find out airstream has a pottery barn edition 😆😆

Do NOT let me wife find out airstream has a pottery barn edition 😆😆
Definitely don't let her see the sofa... you could fit two dozen pillows on that thing. 🤣

Back