How to get Ford X-Plan Pricing by owning Ford Stock

Dr. @Vecman for the win! Just signed up for EAA which is also a bonus being a student pilot. Now i'm torn as now I need my order to take 90+ days so I can use the pin code.

I didn’t need to show the code till I picked up the truck..
That's good to know... I'm now checking with my dealer if they'll take x-plan for my order. I'm also running out of time as there's only 3.5 months left for MY23 production so if my order gets picked up, it will be interesting to see how the timing works.

I also wonder if the dealer is as picky about the 90 days (does Ford check this?) or if they'll just take the pin and verification that I'm an EAA member.

That's good to know... I'm now checking with my dealer if they'll take x-plan for my order. I'm also running out of time as there's only 3.5 months left for MY23 production so if my order gets picked up, it will be interesting to see how the timing works.

I also wonder if the dealer is as picky about the 90 days (does Ford check this?) or if they'll just take the pin and verification that I'm an EAA member.

I used EAA membership on my 22 Tremor last May and the I highly recommend you wait the 90 days prior to using it. The important thing to do is make sure you get in writing either through email or a receipt that they agree to X-plan pricing and it's not contingent on dealer financing or any other dealer add-ons. I put $1,000 down in December 2021 and they agreed to take X-plan pricing. The Tremor arrived May 2022 and they mandated I finance through them $300 filing fee, then I had to do some dealer add ons like Nitrogen air in tires (total scam since air's Nitrogen composition is 80% or so) and also VinEtch my windows. That dealership package was around $1k. I also had to get some tiny dent protection/wheel protection package which was $750 or so. When all was said and done, I basically paid MSRP on an almost fully loaded Lariet packaged minus diesel and moonroof. At the time, the price wasn't horrendous, but what really irked me was they put the order in 3 days after I already gave them my down payment and Ford jacked the MSRP on the truck another $1500 or so which I had to eat also. :(

Last edited:
Exactly this! I’m a very seasoned pilot and subscribed to EAA to have X-plan options. I called dealers in Las Vegas, San Antonio, and Phoenix, and salt lake. No one was honest. I went went granger in Idaho and didn’t use X-plan. Best decision when purchasing my truck. If you find a dealer honoring x-plan
Get it in writing and don’t let them play games.

Disabled American Veteran members also can use the x-plan.

The dealer I dealt with was in Tulsa, OK. Price was better than what the internet showed for the Xplan. The xplan says you pay 0.4% over invoice and can only charge $199 for doc fees. Only wheeling and dealing I did was in the finance office. I never put any money down either.

Sorry about your waiting so long but you had to know you were a job 2 when you ordered…didn’t you ? If you didn’t that really blows. I ordered my Tremor on 2/6/23 and tonight I just received my 2nd “apology but hang in there” letter from Ford.

Sorry about your waiting so long but you had to know you were a job 2 when you ordered…didn’t you ? If you didn’t that really blows. I ordered my Tremor on 2/6/23 and tonight I just received my 2nd “apology but hang in there” letter from Ford.
I knew that my order was job 2, so didn't expect much until the production started in April. I also received my third apology email yesterday. After following this forum for over a year now and seeing what others had gone through with the 22s, I was prepared for it to be a bit of a wait. I was hopeful that going with a high volume truck dealer (top 100 overall in sales out of 3,300 nationwide) and having priority 10 would have meant a higher likelihood of being scheduled.

Ford made poor choices in securing supplies needed to build vehicles for 2023, as well as not doing a better job of managing the business they are getting. The rather haphazard way they approach scheduling orders, the focus on XL/XLT/Lariats (presumably to satisfy a backlog of fleet/government orders), and accepting more orders than they have materials to produce all speak to systemic issues at Ford and their ability to be forthcoming/transparent with customers.

It is unfortunate for those who ordered higher level trims are being faced with a choice of accepting an order that may not have some of the key items that make it a higher trim, while getting a marginal adjustment to price. I don't think anyone would have expected the higher level trims to have been so constrained this year, particularly in a year when Ford is launching new tech that would be good to get out into the marketplace and generate positive customer reaction. It is in sharp contrast to the number of people reporting getting fully loaded, top trim GM trucks 8 - 10 weeks from when they placed their order.

I'm fine waiting for a truck. I just want to know that if I order a truck that it will be made. Waiting for nothing is pointless, and there comes a point where the customer needs to evaluate where they will spend their money. A company that cannot deliver a product will lose business to competitors that can, and we've seen a few others on the forum decide to make the switch. While I would prefer the Ford, if it comes to ordering a 24, I'll likely order both the Ford and Chevy/GM and see which comes in first.

Sorry for the long rant 🤪

I knew that my order was job 2, so didn't expect much until the production started in April. I also received my third apology email yesterday. After following this forum for over a year now and seeing what others had gone through with the 22s, I was prepared for it to be a bit of a wait. I was hopeful that going with a high volume truck dealer (top 100 overall in sales out of 3,300 nationwide) and having priority 10 would have meant a higher likelihood of being scheduled.

Ford made poor choices in securing supplies needed to build vehicles for 2023, as well as not doing a better job of managing the business they are getting. The rather haphazard way they approach scheduling orders, the focus on XL/XLT/Lariats (presumably to satisfy a backlog of fleet/government orders), and accepting more orders than they have materials to produce all speak to systemic issues at Ford and their ability to be forthcoming/transparent with customers.

It is unfortunate for those who ordered higher level trims are being faced with a choice of accepting an order that may not have some of the key items that make it a higher trim, while getting a marginal adjustment to price. I don't think anyone would have expected the higher level trims to have been so constrained this year, particularly in a year when Ford is launching new tech that would be good to get out into the marketplace and generate positive customer reaction. It is in sharp contrast to the number of people reporting getting fully loaded, top trim GM trucks 8 - 10 weeks from when they placed their order.

I'm fine waiting for a truck. I just want to know that if I order a truck that it will be made. Waiting for nothing is pointless, and there comes a point where the customer needs to evaluate where they will spend their money. A company that cannot deliver a product will lose business to competitors that can, and we've seen a few others on the forum decide to make the switch. While I would prefer the Ford, if it comes to ordering a 24, I'll likely order both the Ford and Chevy/GM and see which comes in first.

Sorry for the long rant 🤪

It’s is OK, rant all you want. it’s good to know to know we are not alone.

The dealer I dealt with was in Tulsa, OK. Price was better than what the internet showed for the Xplan. The xplan says you pay 0.4% over invoice and can only charge $199 for doc fees. Only wheeling and dealing I did was in the finance office. I never put any money down either.
What dealer in Tulsa?

What is the name of the dealer in Tulsa ?

(205d) Fowler Ford

Hmmm,
1 hour flight up
4 hour drive home
seems doable

1691842766950.png

Last edited:
I used EAA membership on my 22 Tremor last May and the I highly recommend you wait the 90 days prior to using it. The important thing to do is make sure you get in writing either through email or a receipt that they agree to X-plan pricing and it's not contingent on dealer financing or any other dealer add-ons. I put $1,000 down in December 2021 and they agreed to take X-plan pricing. The Tremor arrived May 2022 and they mandated I finance through them $300 filing fee, then I had to do some dealer add ons like Nitrogen air in tires (total scam since air's Nitrogen composition is 80% or so) and also VinEtch my windows. That dealership package was around $1k. I also had to get some tiny dent protection/wheel protection package which was $750 or so. When all was said and done, I basically paid MSRP on an almost fully loaded Lariet packaged minus diesel and moonroof. At the time, the price wasn't horrendous, but what really irked me was they put the order in 3 days after I already gave them my down payment and Ford jacked the MSRP on the truck another $1500 or so which I had to eat also. :(
You should have done some research. Once the order is placed in your name you are price protected. The dealer I purchased from tried that same BS line of higher MSRP. I sent them the Ford corporate memo regarding the issue and VOILA, back to the original price at the time of order.

Exactly this! I’m a very seasoned pilot and subscribed to EAA to have X-plan options. I called dealers in Las Vegas, San Antonio, and Phoenix, and salt lake. No one was honest. I went went granger in Idaho and didn’t use X-plan. Best decision when purchasing my truck. If you find a dealer honoring x-plan
Get it in writing and don’t let them play games.

Sage advise,

I have X Plan and dealer said they will honor it. Because of your post I will ask for the acknowledgement in an email.

Last edited:
What is the name of the dealer in Tulsa ?

(205d) Fowler Ford

Hmmm,
1 hour flight up
4 hour drive home
seems doable

View attachment 127602
Sorry for late response was on vacation. Yes I used Fowler Ford. I also ordered a 2024 platinum with them and they allow the x-plan. If you use them let me know and I will give you my name as a referral.

Sorry for late response was on vacation. Yes I used Fowler Ford. I also ordered a 2024 platinum with them and they allow the x-plan. If you use them let me know and I will give you my name as a referral.
Much appreciated, I already have a build number and my Dealer will take the X - Plan, so for now, fingers crossed

2024 F350 Tremor

You should have done some research. Once the order is placed in your name you are price protected. The dealer I purchased from tried that same BS line of higher MSRP. I sent them the Ford corporate memo regarding the issue and VOILA, back to the original price at the time of order.

To clarify a bit more, I configured the truck the way I wanted it on the salesman computer in the evening and put a $1k downpayment on the truck. The dealership took 3 days for the sale manager to submit the order because they messed up the options twice and were emailing me a sign off on the truck when they kept putting down the console option when I wanted the split bench seat in front.

I brought up the Ford Corporate memo, it didn't matter. They said no problem we'll refund your deposit and sell it to someone else. Keep in mind this is somewhat peak covid where people were paying $10k over MSRP for a super duty and the dealership would have easily got more for the truck. I was actually offered $3k more in the Ford parking lot from a construction company owner that needed a new truck as his engine went out and Ford had his truck in their service center.

Back