How to find trails for a Super Duty Tremor? NM & CO

Very cool

For a novice I was thinking about starting in telluride after a bathroom stop lol

Not sure if we are staying in Montrose or Ouray I favor Ouray and wife says Montrose

Ouray is definitely better for tourism, Montrose if you want more restaurant options and probably cheaper lodging. my favorite thing about Ouray is the hot springs, there’s a place called Wiesbaden that has an underground hot springs cave as well as an outdoor pool and I’ll make the trip down there pretty much every time I’m home. before I moved to Montrose I used to go down there to sit in the hot springs but I’d stay at the Ouray Inn, the rooms had outdoor patios and sitting there looking at the stars over the mountains is never a bad time.

Reactions: Gus
Spent 2 weeks last year in Carlson NF, unit 52 and 51a, I didn't find anywhere I couldn't go in the Tremor. Forest rd 93 was rough but doable...took little over an hour to go 7 miles, the creek crossing look worse than they are. I would be more worry about fires in NM.

The east side of the mountains from Ouray is the Alpine Loop - Lake City, Ouray, Silverton and many other off shoots and passes to explore high above Tree Line - Engineer pass, Cinnamon Pass, California Pass, etc. Lots of history, mines, mills, 1880's cities at or above tree line. All very easy with a Tremor. Stunningly beautiful. They plow the 4wd passes out in early June with dozers thur 15' walls of snow. Just up there last weekend and everything is open.

LOL worst I have been on was in Texas yesterday! Coming home Nav routed me off the highway to Lamesa south because of construction delays. This was a 15-mile stretch that was unpaved. On a few sections one was a couple of miles long the wind blew the fine red dirt across the road from the fields in some places 3 feet deep...

On the worst parts had it in 4wd with the accelerator on the floor and 20 miles an hour was all she wrote!

Took a picture of the right front tire and wheel well but noticed and took another picture of why I use 3 ply sidewall heavy duty tires yes this is not on the sidewall, but I pulled out 3 thorns already on other tires that were. If you drive in bad conditions, just be careful.

20220616_084331[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20220616_084342[1].jpg
    20220616_084342[1].jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 25
Download the TrailsOffroad App.

The east side of the mountains from Ouray is the Alpine Loop - Lake City, Ouray, Silverton and many other off shoots and passes to explore high above Tree Line - Engineer pass, Cinnamon Pass, California Pass, etc. Lots of history, mines, mills, 1880's cities at or above tree line. All very easy with a Tremor. Stunningly beautiful. They plow the 4wd passes out in early June with dozers thur 15' walls of snow. Just up there last weekend and everything is open.
what he said 👆

I did Imogene yesterday after just wandering around by Camp Bird for a little while, it’s the first time I’ve had my Tremor near home and I just wanted to give it a shakedown and try out the trail control and stuff. it was perfect for the truck IMO, easy enough without a spotter and no worries of chewing up the paint.
You can keep the shelf roads.

• Haha
Reactions: Gus
LOL worst I have been on was in Texas yesterday! Coming home Nav routed me off the highway to Lamesa south because of construction delays. This was a 15-mile stretch that was unpaved. On a few sections one was a couple of miles long the wind blew the fine red dirt across the road from the fields in some places 3 feet deep...

On the worst parts had it in 4wd with the accelerator on the floor and 20 miles an hour was all she wrote!

Took a picture of the right front tire and wheel well but noticed and took another picture of why I use 3 ply sidewall heavy duty tires yes this is not on the sidewall, but I pulled out 3 thorns already on other tires that were. If you drive in bad conditions, just be careful.

View attachment 54606
When you say pedal to the floor, was it a dead pedal? If yes, I learned in Raptor Assault to turn off traction control on corduroy and it will give you better throttle response. I wish we had something similar to Baja mode.

When you say pedal to the floor, was it a dead pedal? If yes, I learned in Raptor Assault to turn off traction control on corduroy and it will give you better throttle response. I wish we had something similar to Baja mode.
No it was running as hard as it could. Traction control was off because the rear axle was locked. This is the way these trucks work.

No it was running as hard as it could. Traction control was off because the rear axle was locked. This is the way these trucks work.
Ok got it now. Didn’t know about the rear locker disables TC learned something new.. I just turn it off anytime I am on dirt.

Back