How to detail exterior plastics? Ceramic coated the paint but plastic????

ghstrider

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 XLT Diesel TREMOR
First Responder
Police
So i had the tremor ceramic coated yesterday and it looks amazing. all the exterior is coated except for the plastic surfaces so they dont take a permanent shine that doesnt look natural. What do you guys recommend to put on exterior plastics like the bumper, mirrors, and edges of the bedliner to prevent fading over time? Something that lasts...

Also what about the dash inside thats better than standard armorall etc.

Thoughts?

heres a video of the truck after the coating yesterday...

Congrats you will love your new finish.
The plastic is a tough one. "Chemical Guys" have some products that are available online.

Many years ago we used "Armor All" That all ways made it look worse over time. Leaves a nasty film that turns yellowish from the sun.

i got great seat covers for the cloth seats i have so im good there. just a good product to use on dash and steering wheel etc

And thanks for the links ill look em up

heres the seat covers...

1A9D99DE-2DFD-431B-9075-AC9958772BFF.jpeg

Try Griots garage vinyl and rubber dressing. Works on black plastics too. Not sticky or greasy. Protects from fading.

I cannot say any products to NOT use, but 303 Aerospace Protectant works amazing on all the oxidized black plastic surfaces on my 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Looks factory fresh for 3-6 months after application. There may be better stuff, but that works for me.

Ed

I cannot say any products to NOT use, but 303 Aerospace Protectant works amazing on all the oxidized black plastic surfaces on my 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Looks factory fresh for 3-6 months after application. There may be better stuff, but that works for me.

Ed
303 is good stuff.

303 is much better than most but I still have seen an "oxidation" with repeated use of the product, it does seem to "refresh"

I used it on a jeep top and hot tub cover
The both products eventually dried out and cracked The product may have extended the life of them

I had an old product of " Black Gold" it was a plastic conditioner/ cleaner
it brought back black on some older cars that I had. I ran out and haven't seen it in the stores in a while. Came in a red plastic bottle

303 is much better than most but I still have seen an "oxidation" with repeated use of the product, it does seem to "refresh"

I used it on a jeep top and hot tub cover
The both products eventually dried out and cracked The product may have extended the life of them

I had an old product of " Black Gold" it was a plastic conditioner/ cleaner
it brought back black on some older cars that I had. I ran out and haven't seen it in the stores in a while. Came in a red plastic bottle

What about this?

Back