How the Tremor Is Made

I just did a final inspection on a $1.4 million ladder truck. I had a list of 80 items that needed to be addressed/fixed. Manufacturer didn't even bat an eye and took care of it. Mostly minor fit and finish stuff.
That sounds about right. Probably going back to Appleton Wisconsin for a final for two engines the beginning of September. This will be the 9th &10 of the same build and I’m sure that the rigs will have the same issues as the others.

I have owned every one of those brands except for Lexus. And I've never paid as much for a car as for a Tremor.

My previous Super Duty's were under $30k, so their flaws were more forgivable. If Ford wants to compete in the luxury auto segment they should bring the quality. Lord knows they don't bring the tech. Although apparently they don't need to for their customer segment…
If it has so many flaws and is not up to your standards Sell it and stop complaining

@soop. Nobody forced you to buy this truck. If you hate it so much, the market is such that you can sell it for what you paid and get something else that better fits your opinion of quality. Thankfully we live in a country where we have the ability to demonstrate our displeasure with a product by purchasing a different product.

This is a fine example of what is wrong with some people today. It starts with a the OP stating how someone else is doing something wrong or bad. The OP is clearly expecting EVERYONE to denounce the practice and agree with their opinion. Then when someone else voices a differing opinion the OP sites a clear and obvious universal truth that proves their point without any actual objective evidence. Invariably further disagreement with the OP's stated opinion spins them off into a tizzy which results in name calling and further argument.

The fact of the matter is that the Tremor is not a luxury vehicle. It is not in the same class as a Mercedes or Cadillac. Yes, it cost a lot of money, but if every single one was perfect in every way, we would pay a lot more for them. Quality is not cheap, as we all know. Every product ever made has some good features and some that are not so good. If your good features are what the customers want and they can overlook those that are not so good, then you will have a successful product. We have to remember that we are talking about a truck, not a Luxury sedan. The first thing I did to my truck was to drill holes in it for wires and lights and such. If it had an $8000 paint job, I probably would not have done that.

Finally, assuming that a 2014 video represents how KTP is operating today is folly. Factories are continuously improving and changing how they operate. Production lines are set up and taken down when models and processes change. These changes are in themselves driven by processes and standards. 7 years in the car making business is an eternity.

Thanks Dad. Happy hour started early today I see. TGIF…
I have seen no paint defects with my agate black 2021. The door jams have good paint, I’ve washed it 2 times and polished it once and all looks good. I feel for the people that have issues but clearly not all the trucks have issues in fact I bet the vast majority don’t. Like said many times people do t typically go online and start a thread my truck is perfect.

Back