modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
I've been thinking about what features/options my current truck is missing that would cause me to want to upgrade. Right now I'm really happy and can't think of any must haves. My last HD truck I kept almost 7 years. If I wasn't so love struck by the Tremor, I probably would have kept it another 3 years. ?

So that got me thinking, how long is everyone planning on keeping their Tremor?

I bought a 7 yr Ford warranty, so plan to have it at least that long. And with how simple this engine is (compared to the EcoBurst) hopefully I won't have nearly the amount of trouble I did.

Had a 64 Chevy, 70 Cutlass, 88 Bronco, 02 F250, and this 2020 Tremor. That's it. Figure I will drive this one until they put me in a home and take away the keys. Try to get my $$ worth out of my vehicles.

I've been thinking about what features/options my current truck is missing that would cause me to want to upgrade. Right now I'm really happy and can't think of any must haves. My last HD truck I kept almost 7 years. If I wasn't so love struck by the Tremor, I probably would have kept it another 3 years. ?

So that got me thinking, how long is everyone planning on keeping their Tremor?
I tend to think with the overwhelming success of sales on these trucks that this will be the new Raptor and an option that Ford can really milk. Why would anyone want a normal Super Duty if they can have this? $4k is a small price to pay over the length of the loan. If they double-down on the Tremor line I think I will need the v2.0 when it comes out.

I'm thinking of keeping it until break-even and then jump into the next gen. Maybe 3-5 years, depending on trade-in/used car market at the time. My desire is to be a smart person and keep it until it breaks. My reality is i like new stuff.

I normally keep my cars for a very long time, but I am not sure I want to foot the "out-of-warranty" bills on the 6.7L engine. I will keep mine until the warranty is almost up and then, sell it and buy the next new hottest truck from Ford.

I kept my Gen 1 Raptor for 8 years, as I patiently waited for a Gen 2 V8. Since that never happened, I bought my Gen 2 three years ago. I will sell my Gen 2 after I get my Tremor modified to the way I like it and repeat the process with the Tremor.

I had a1999 F250 that I bought in ‘98, the first year that the body style changed.
before that I had a reg cab 1989 Silverado for 9 years that I sold to buy the F250.
Then I bought a 2018 F150 to build my credit because Ford wouldn’t finance me a Super Duty claiming that I had no history of ever financing a vehicle with them. Come to find out, they only keep records for 10 years. Lol. Now I own a 2020 Tremor.
So, even though I plan to keep this truck longer than 10 years, if I ever want a new truck again I’ll have to buy one before 2030

i keep until it dies and then i rebuild my f150 already has 147k miles and is a 2012 .... i already have plans on rebuild and building engine for a supercharger and going for 750 whp .... i am thinking about 7.3 for my jeep 2000 xj with 434k miles on the block

I plan on keeping it until I run it into the ground. Hopefully it'll last 10+ years. With these new computers on wheels, I'm not entirely sure how possible that'll be, though.

I plan on keeping it until I run it into the ground. Hopefully it'll last 10+ years. With these new computers on wheels, I'm not entirely sure how possible that'll be, though.
Honestly, despite the added amount of software in these cars, long term ownership has hardly been hurt by issues such as ECU, TCU, PCM replacements et cetera. It’s usually the mechanical components that go before the software ones...

I had an '03 F-150 that I kept till 2017, when I replaced it with a Raptor. The only reason I replaced the Raptor was towing and cargo needs. So, now that I have an actual truck again, I'm going to guess another 12-15 years.

i keep until it dies and then i rebuild my f150 already has 147k miles and is a 2012 .... i already have plans on rebuild and building engine for a supercharger and going for 750 whp .... i am thinking about 7.3 for my jeep 2000 xj with 434k miles on the block

Not sure if a 7.3 liter will fit with transmission in an xj. The torque will tear that unibody apart. An axel swap would definitely be necessary.

Back