How long was your order “In Production”?

I was told by my dealer today that my truck is in Portola CA which is actually very close to me (within a two hour drive). I’m thinking it could be early next week that it’s delivered. Apparently those freight trains don’t run on weekends so Monday is earliest.
Congrats man, my land lord he has the roof in his F150 and his doesn't open and it it leaking water inside, his wife's explorer only opens half way, my Gf's edge has the the same roof i believe and her has issues where sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but we had to tint that big fucking window as it allows alot of heat in the car and we are only in MD and i don't want leaking issues in my 80k truck so i had to build one as all of them here have the damn roof

I was told by my dealer today that my truck is in Portola CA which is actually very close to me (within a two hour drive). I’m thinking it could be early next week that it’s delivered. Apparently those freight trains don’t run on weekends so Monday is earliest.

What does your status say on the alumizilla? Did you track it on the Shipping site? mine doesn't show up there.

What does your status say on the alumizilla? Did you track it on the Shipping site? mine doesn't show up there.
Alumizilla says “In Transit-Passing” with an estimated delivery date of 8/24. I’ll be here early to mid next week.

Congrats man, my land lord he has the roof in his F150 and his doesn't open and it it leaking water inside, his wife's explorer only opens half way, my Gf's edge has the the same roof i believe and her has issues where sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but we had to tint that big fucking window as it allows alot of heat in the car and we are only in MD and i don't want leaking issues in my 80k truck so i had to build one as all of them here have the damn roof
Even with modern reinforcements of the cab, I just can’t believe that with all the flexing the occurs during off road use that it doesn’t move that glass roof around and will probably fail. Am I headed to the Rubicon? No. But I am taking it hunting so there will be a fair amount of movement.

Order placed 6/22, build date 8/31. Showed into production 8/27 evening. Got window sticker the same day. Funny bc with all the talk of production backup, I had found an almost identical truck 200 miles away and almost pulled the trigger. then checked the tracker and it as finally moving forward. Happy to wait for the one I ordered, so bailed mid negotiations with the alternate dealer. I have an ARE MX HD camper and dual slide truck vaults already in and waiting for install. Next is finalizing decisions on the next upgrades. ADD rear bumper, 55G replacement fuel tank, sumo springs, flat roof rack for cab, iKamper, and custom-built front winch bumper are all high on my list. We plan to take 3x 100lb dogs, 2 young kids, and us for 2-4 week trips and want to set up a self-sufficient, go-anywhere vehicle. Travel trailer/camper/toy hauler definitely in the future. Great to be a part of the Tremor forum, you guys rock!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 11.04.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 11.04.23 PM.png
    687.5 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: HMM
Did any of you guys build yours with the double moonroof? I added that option and my buddy that's the salesperson told me he doesn't like them b/c they have issues breaking. Wondering if anyones that got one already with that option has any input on that or with other vehicles. Wondering if he's talking about the glass itself breaking or the seals leaking?
It comes in the King Ranch Ultimate package I ordered. I also have a 2016 F150 King Ranch with the panoramic sun roof. Yes, there are issues with it, but with a little bit of TLC you can avoid any breaking. The seal where the front panel meets the rear panel can get stuck due to dirt etc. This can then cause the plastic rails that move the roof to break under the stress. If you use the sunroof frequently, it will help prevent the sticking. I have had mine break twice. It is an expensive repair, so either use the sunroof and use krytox to keep the seal from sticking or don't use it. I saw a video where you can assist with your hand venting the sunroof first to help break the seal, and then open it the regular way. I am attaching a few videos to help as well.

Last edited:
It comes in the King Ranch Ultimate package I ordered. I also have a 2016 F150 King Ranch with the panoramic sun roof. Yes, there are issues with it, but with a little bit of TLC you can avoid any breaking. The seal where the front panel meets the rear panel can get stuck due to dirt etc. This can then cause the plastic rails that move the roof to break under the stress. If you use the sunroof frequently, it will help prevent the sticking. I have had mine break twice. It is an expensive repair, so either use the sunroof and use krytox to keep the seal from sticking or don't use it. I saw a video where you can assist with your hand venting the sunroof first to help break the seal, and then open it the regular way. I am attaching a few videos to help as well.

Unfortunately can't get the YouTube videos on the ship but I'll watch them when I get home. Guess I'll see how I like it since I've never really had a moon roof on a vehicle before. It gets dusty in socal though so I'll definitely keep an eye on it, thanks for the tips.

Unfortunately can't get the YouTube videos on the ship but I'll watch them when I get home. Guess I'll see how I like it since I've never really had a moon roof on a vehicle before. It gets dusty in socal though so I'll definitely keep an eye on it, thanks for the tips.
I bet you will like it in SoCal. I use mine when it cools off in Texas. I never had one before my F150. It's a love hate relationship.

Excellent! Very helpful. Thank you!

Good to know on the sunroof. I was told to get it since it helps with resale but we never use them. We’ve probably had a sunroof on the last 10+ vehicles we’ve owned and I could count on 1 hand how many times I’ve actually opened them all…. I may have to update my build sheet and just go ahead and remove it before submitting it.

Mine said it would be built on 10/4. It was actually built on 10/8. From the posts I've read, I should be pleased that Ford was only off by 4 days.
Ford says it will get to my dealer between 10/28 and 11/3.

The palsapp.com site can't find my vin so it either isn't being shipped through them or it hasn't been shipped at all.

This waiting is worse than Christmas when I was a kid.😐

Back