How long before I can tow?

Loshad

Tremor Aficionado
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2021 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
Assuming I actually get the one I ordered do I need to put a 1000 miles on it before I can tow?

Per manual yes. By extension, per Ford warranty too, yes. Computer might be able to tell if you had a trailer connected before that.
Now... do I think any dealer would care? No. But am I risk averse? Yes (unless it comes to stocks and startup investments).

when I got my truck, I suburban road-drove the shit out of it. I was at a 1000 in no time. Just go take a good weekend trip!

I did a couple of small trips to get some miles on before heavy towing.
I also did my first oil change at 1500 miles right before a trip with my 5th wheel.

Thanks! Does the manual also say how many Priuses I gotta tailgate before I tow? o_O

I sold off 10% of my portfolio the other day cause I'm risk averse when it comes to that shizz, nawmean? This here Santa Claus Rally is gonna be over sooner than later. jess sayin'...

Yeah i wouldn't fuck around with warranty on something like that. In the off chance a drive train component fails it wouldnt be worth it.

Everytime i get a new vehicle i burn through that first thousand miles or so pretty quickly looking for every excuse to drive it.

I plan to go on a long drive straight from the dealer when my truck is in.

Thanks! Does the manual also say how many Priuses I gotta tailgate before I tow? o_O
There is always a damn Priuse in your way when you have 1050 lb ftl of torque :cool:

or in your Shelby GT 500!:cool::cool::cool:

Assuming I actually get the one I ordered do I need to put a 1000 miles on it before I can tow?
I wouldn’t be so much worried about the truck but those tires wander without a trailer I would drive those tires for a little bit till they flatten out and then Tow just my 2 cents

Yes, and for better break in you should be on/off the throttle; around town is better than interstate for break in. Do an oil/filter change right after break in. After 1000 miles feel free to tow per Ford instructions.

Hoping I get mine in time to do some break in. If not I’ll be towing early. I should have a month or so if all goes well.

I wouldn’t be so much worried about the truck but those tires wander without a trailer I would drive those tires for a little bit till they flatten out and then Tow just my 2 cents
Yes, I concur on the tires. The first few hundred miles I kept thinking to myself “damn I should have got the adaptive steering” because it was wandering all over the place. Now with 1500 miles on it she’s straight and smooth!

1500 miles to get the tires settled in? ?

Reactions: DIG
Yes, I concur on the tires. The first few hundred miles I kept thinking to myself “damn I should have got the adaptive steering” because it was wandering all over the place. Now with 1500 miles on it she’s straight and smooth!

i was thinking the same thing. My 17 had adaptive steering. The 21 Tremor had me really worried that I messed up not getting it. Seems to have settled down a bit.

That’s the ballpark. Some are good at 500 some are good at 2k. It’s odd but that’s how the Duratracs are.

What if you drive it like you stole it?

Yeah, It's been cold here. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I don't know the exact mileage of the tires getting broken in but earlier this week I really noticed the difference in steering with 1500 on it.

When I picked up the trailer in my profile pic the truck had 1025 miles on it and it was still wandering.

I would hope it wasn't too bad at 60 or 65.
Did the trailer change it?

When I picked up the trailer in my profile pic the truck had 1025 miles on it and it was still wandering.
Weight distribution hitch?

I would hope it wasn't too bad at 60 or 65.
Did the trailer change it?
It wasn't too bad. It did seem like I was working extra hard to keep it straight down the road. Kind of like driving an old truck where there was a little bit of play in the steering wheel. When I put the trailer on I wasn't really paying attention to the steering characteristics that day because it was snowing and I was paying more attention to everything around me. I've only towed the trailer a few times since for short distances, but I think having the weight on the truck helped "break" in the overall ride of the truck. It doesn't feel as stiff as it was going over bumps anymore without a trailer.

Weight distribution hitch?
Yeah, I have a weight distribution hitch. Not talking about trailer wandering. Talking about Duratracs wandering on new Tremors for the first how many ever miles. Just noting to people the mileage at the time my truck was still wandering. Now with 1500 miles she's straight and smooth.

Back