How in the F#%* are y’all getting such good MPG?

Filled up today. Said I had 319 miles of range. Drove 75 miles. Said I still have 309 miles of range. Average MPG dropped by 0.1. OBDII scanner claims MPG is 4-6 miles higher than the dash. ?‍♂️

20210421_191942.jpg
20210421_192022.jpg
20210421_143438.jpg

Mixed driving, with my 7.3 2021
Hand calculated 14.6 -15.4
Freeway 70-80 14.2
I don't drive like a old man I did test eco mode and I got crap milage. One thing to mention I use active cruse alot! Even when city driving.

View attachment 23263View attachment 23264View attachment 23265
Mixed driving, with my 7.3 2021
Hand calculated 14.6 -15.4
Freeway 70-80 14.2
I don't drive like a old man I did test eco mode and I got crap milage. One thing to mention I use active cruse alot! Even when city driving.
My OBDII reader also saying 14-16. Haven’t hand calculated yet. I can’t really figure out what Eco does in this truck. Nonsensical. Also adaptive cruise as much as possible for convenience.

My OBDII reader also saying 14-16. Haven’t hand calculated yet. I can’t really figure out what Eco does in this truck. Nonsensical. Also adaptive cruise as much as possible for convenience.
I'll hook up my scanner and data log the thing.
I'm happy with my milage it's better than I was expecting.

I believe ECO essentially scales back and softens pedal input. There also seems to be a slight impact on shift points,

My Tremor has a gas engine and I average around 12 mpg city/hwy. Last month I took a 275 mile trip at 70 mph with the cruise control on it read 16.5 mpg. My Tremor just hit 5000 miles this week. Tomorrow I'll be making the same 275 mile trip so I'll monitor and post.

What scanner do you use?

Drive it like you stole it. 85% city with stop lights every block kill your mpg. I’m at 13.6 overall average with 17k miles. Back country roads and highway I’m low 14’s city I’m low 12 or lower. Stops kill mileage. Gas until brakes kill mileage. Soft throttle in(except for full acceleration couple times a week) and coasting before the light saves gas.
The environment and pedal usage are the two biggest killers of gas.
Very good advice that I've been practicing for years and not many believe my mileage figures.

When empty I get about 12.3mpg (45-55mph zones mostly with some city and highway tossed in). If it were highway alone 65-70mph the lie-o-meter in the dash claims about 17mpg up and down hills. I did a 2 hour trip one way (about 120 miles) with about 8000# of horse and trailer and the dash said 10mpg even after the 4 hour trip, still had around 1/4 tank to go after it too.

I say 12mpg is average for a 7.3 Tremor, 17 is stellar, and 10 means you actively tow.

I just hit 500 miles and I’ve never once allowed the truck to rev over 3000rpm. So far I’m 85% city driving and I’m averaging 9.2mpg!!! I can’t imagine how some folks are getting 13mpg’s combined.

For the love of God, please tell me what I’m doing wrong or what your secret is. Once I hit 1000miles on my engine I’ll drive it like I stole it and I’m terrified of what my mileage will be at that point. ??

7.3 with 4.30’s and stock height, wheels and tires.
Reset your screen! Mine said 9+ untill I reset my trip screen then it said 13

ECO mode is where it's at for predominantly highway driving, however around town you notice more of a change between gears and throttle input with very little increase in mpg.

I’m now a little over 600 miles and averaging 9.2 mpg’s but that is mostly city driving but I have been babying it.

I have a 1000mile trip to Idaho tomorrow so I’m looking forward to seeing what all highway driving will do for my fuel mileage.

I just hit 500 miles and I’ve never once allowed the truck to rev over 3000rpm. So far I’m 85% city driving and I’m averaging 9.2mpg!!! I can’t imagine how some folks are getting 13mpg’s combined.

For the love of God, please tell me what I’m doing wrong or what your secret is. Once I hit 1000miles on my engine I’ll drive it like I stole it and I’m terrified of what my mileage will be at that point. ??

Haven’t done anything to stock truck and I have been pulling trailers, and city driving only averaging 14.3 mpg. 6500 miles on truck.

7.3 tremor....I got my oil changed not too long ago at about 5000 miles. I've had 3 fill ups since... highway and back roads mix. All in high 13's. Actually last was 14.06. That's hand calculated (on fuelly). Seems like that first oil change made a difference and/or it's breaking in. Pretty pleased.

Got about 5k miles and haven’t towed yet, 80% city and 20% highway averaging 11.2 mpg. Even driving light footed can’t break the average.

Ok, from approx 600 miles on the odometer I drove from SoCal to Idaho. Was mainly going between 85-90 on the majority of stretches and hit approx 1700 on the odometer. There were some major slow downs in Las Vegas and SLC (the worst city on God’s green earth to drive through, WTF???) and averaged 13.2 mpg. Overall I was happy. Never had to rev the engine excessively and it was so much more pleasant than my 5.3 liter Silverado with 35’s.

I now feel better about my gas mileage and expect a little more out of the engine now that it’s broken in based on reviews from this forum.

I look at it this way, $10,000 can buy an awful lot of extra gasoline. And at 100,000 miles I'm not shelling out thousands more in egr related repairs or hpop related repairs.
First off it’s not 10k! Everybody seems to think that. However it’s more like 7k I believe after you pay the up-charge for the 7.3 ? I’m sure more than 1/2 this websites has already spent that on accessories if not more! ? When we are purchasing vehicles at this price point and so much technology involved, what’s another 2k or less on a 150,00 mile warranty. Shit “just for piece of mind”! An if you don’t keep your vehicles for 100k miles or more, you are sure to make up the difference in resale. Food for thought.

Back