How do you like the 10 speed w/7.3 Tremor?

TremStar

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Lariat Tremor 7.3 Gas
I wanted to know what you 7.3 Tremor owners thought about your 10 speed. Is it smooth or choppy? Is it loud or quiet? Did more mileage help smooth out any wierd issues? Were there any issues that you were able to resolve? Overall do you like it? Just wanted to know your experiences with it.

There are a lot of complaints about intermittent pedal lag with this setup. I have experienced this numerous times and recommend a throttle response controller such as the Banks Pedal Monster. I have had mine for a week and it seems to help (Sport 4), plus it really wakes up the 7.3. As for other issues I would say my only other complaint would be the mileage, but I have a lead foot. ? It shifts smoothly and is quiet. There are some posts about issues and I'm sure you will hear a few.

I personally havent noticed any hard or loud shift. Love the way it drives!!

The pedal lag is apparent at times when turning, but doesnt overly bother me really.

I find the trans is smooth but the pedal lag can make it hunt for the right gear. I had the 10sp trans in a 2019 F150 before getting the Tremor and there was no pedal lag and the trans was smooth as silk. Hoping 5 Star tune gives me back that warm fuzzy feeling.

I find the trans is smooth but the pedal lag can make it hunt for the right gear. I had the 10sp trans in a 2019 F150 before getting the Tremor and there was no pedal lag and the trans was smooth as silk. Hoping 5 Star tune gives me back that warm fuzzy feeling.
5star will help a lot. I'm running the daily tow tune, the truck gets up and hauls ass

Had the 10 speed in myn19 F150 with the 3.5EB. The last one I had the hard clunky shifting, especially at low speeds. Was going to have them update the tranny module, but my Tremor showed up :cool:

2600 miles in on my Tremor and I am loving it. No clunking or other issues other than the standard pedal lag that everyone without a tune has.

5k miles and smooth shifting up and down. I run 93 octane and drive it like a race car. I have no pedal lag.

Back