How do I cancel Service plan from Dealer?

noremorse63

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Hi, I just got my Tremor the other day and the sales guy convinced my wife to get the warranty. I told him I could get online and he gave the usual BS about not being the same, etc, etc. I figured if it was within a couple 100 I wouldn't bother. When I got home and checked a few sites, the difference is almost 1k! So I know I have 30 days to cancel--how do I do it? Call Ford? Email dealer? I don't even want him to try and negotiate, he already lied don't want to give him another chance--thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, I just got my Tremor the other day and the sales guy convinced my wife to get the warranty. I told him I could get online and he gave the usual BS about not being the same, etc, etc. I figured if it was within a couple 100 I wouldn't bother. When I got home and checked a few sites, the difference is almost 1k! So I know I have 30 days to cancel--how do I do it? Call Ford? Email dealer? I don't even want him to try and negotiate, he already lied don't want to give him another chance--thanks in advance for any help.
Talk to dealer they would be the one to refund you

I would look very closely at the different coverages before you cancel or switch. If he's selling you the Premium care from Ford, they're hard to beat but can be a bit more expensive for a factory warranty. I'm a finance mgr. at a Subaru store and came from a Ford store prior for the last 13years. its what I have on mine. The only other warranty I would consider would be Assurant. And on behalf of Finance mgrs. I apologize for him if he truly lied to you about anything. Those type of FI mgr.'s are who gives my profession a negative stereotype.
But yes, call the dealer if you choose to cancel.

I was going to purchase thru one of the dealers mentioned in these forums--still not sure which one that are all pretty close on price

https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/ or

Just for FYI money wise I was sold a 7 year 75k mile Premium care for just under 2800--after he gave me a "military discount" of 200.00. The same coverage thru the other dealerships is less than 2k--a lot of difference in my opinion.

I’m sure you have to contact the dealer, next step is to change your username…:)

I vote Flood, was solid on price for the 21' and hooked me up with a decent priced 3 year extension on my 14' GT5Hunny, that will give me 9 years of warranty on it.

As far as canceling, you should have instructions in the paperwork from purchase. If not call back to the dealer and get the finance guy that had you sign everything and follow up with an email so they don't play any games. You have plenty of time to buy from Flood or Lombard, so get it canceled and then you can buy from one of them.

When I was at the dealer they tried to sell me premium warranty for $1k more than ford flood ESP. She pulled up the ford flood especially site and saw it was the same premium warranty.

Never buy ESP from your local dealer unless the agree to match the Flood Ford price, as many of them will to get the sale. My other advice is to not let the emotions of your wife convince you to do something you know is too expensive. I buy all of my vehicles online using email as my only form of communication to remove emotions from the equation and neutralize the advantage the dealer has with all in person negotiations.

Any advice on when to buy the extended warranty? Is there any bennifits to buying it now compared to buying it just before the factory warranty is a about to expire?

The clock runs from the day you purchase the vehicle and it runs concurrent to factory warranty. So, the only real risk in waiting is the cost of the extended warranty going up. There was just an increase at beginning of 21' so who knows when or if there will be another.

Any advice on when to buy the extended warranty? Is there any bennifits to buying it now compared to buying it just before the factory warranty is a about to expire?
On my 2018 GT350, I waited until I was at 35 months before I bought an 8-year Premium Care ESP. If I sold the car before the factory warranty had expired, there was no cost to me.

As 5.8 Venom mentioned, there is a good chance the price will increase over the years. There are several tiers of cost based on how long the vehicle had been in service. The first one is less then 12 months, the next one is less than 36, and I think the least one is less than 42 months. Check out Flood Ford for the details on your exact situation.

Flood Ford ESP

The extra cost was not a big enough factor for me to buy it early.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, I just sent the Finance guy an email on cancelling the warranty. We will see what he comes back with.

As for my username--it was once of my favorite Metallica songs:)

Haha, your username is very ironic considering the remorse you are feeling right now... :ROFLMAO:

Back