How can the 110v outlet be used?

Utah Tremor

Tremor Fanatic
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 Lariat Blackout Ultimate Tremor (Diesel) + Ultimate Trailer Tow
I’m hoping to tap into the collective knowledge of the group. Many of us have the 110v, 400 watt power outlet in our dash. Can this only be used while the truck is running? Can the use be modified with Forscan?
BCEED431-EFCE-43EA-94FC-95193330AC67.jpeg

it only works when the truck is running since the inverter needs to be powered on for it to operate. mostly used for charging laptops. Some power tool chargers won't work as the newer ones need a pure sine wave inverter (the truck's isn't) to function correctly. I have some patients that uses theirs to charge their portable oxygen systems.

it only works when the truck is running since the inverter needs to be powered on for it to operate. mostly used for charging laptops. Some power tool chargers won't work as the newer ones need a pure sine wave inverter (the truck's isn't) to function correctly. I have some patients that uses theirs to charge their portable oxygen systems.
That is what I needed to know. Thank you. It sounds like that feature will need to remain as it is.

my laptop charges with the truck off but the stereo on. it charges my 20v dealt batteries fine and my new milwalkee lithium batteries i think 18v. i tried to charge an 8S RC car battery off it and it used too much juice and shut down the power point and forced it to reset.

I’m hoping to tap into the collective knowledge of the group. Many of us have the 110v, 400 watt power outlet in our dash. Can this only be used while the truck is running? Can the use be modified with Forscan?
View attachment 26462
Modified sine or normal inverters are not good for sensitive electronics like laptops. They are ok for other non sensitive equipment. You want a sine wave for smooth power to protect your electronics. I have ruined a laptop using the normal inverters.

my laptop charges with the truck off but the stereo on. it charges my 20v dealt batteries fine and my new milwalkee lithium batteries i think 18v. i tried to charge an 8S RC car battery off it and it used too much juice and shut down the power point and forced it to reset.
How the heck do you get just the stereo on, without full power accessory mode? I've been trying to figure that out...

What were you using the 8s battery in?

How the heck do you get just the stereo on, without full power accessory mode? I've been trying to figure that out...
Just hit the stereo power button on when everything else is off. (At least that’s how it works with the push button start) 👊🏼

Modified sine or normal inverters are not good for sensitive electronics like laptops. They are ok for other non sensitive equipment. You want a sine wave for smooth power to protect your electronics. I have ruined a laptop using the normal inverters.
I just made another post about setting up my shore power setup in the bed/camper shell. I plan to have an inverter back there too. Any chance you can point me to a good example of a 400-1000w inverter. Charging - batteries (Makita 18v, 13v night riding cycling batteries), maybe laptop, MAYBE a tailgating TV.

Just hit the stereo power button on when everything else is off. (At least that’s how it works with the push button start) 👊🏼
Yeah, I finally realized that. I'm an idiot. 😆 Is there a way to lengthen the auto shut off time without Forscan?

I just made another post about setting up my shore power setup in the bed/camper shell. I plan to have an inverter back there too. Any chance you can point me to a good example of a 400-1000w inverter. Charging - batteries (Makita 18v, 13v night riding cycling batteries), maybe laptop, MAYBE a tailgating TV.
I haven't used them but people seem to like the Bestek pure sine wave inverters. I plan on running a 12v to the bed and having one of these on hand.

I
I put a Samlex in my Toy hauler. They are great units. In my previous RV, I put in a Renogy and I didn’t have any issues with it either. The Samlex was one of the few that offered both a GFCI outlet as well as a hardwired AC outlet. Not a great picture but this is the business end of it.
D473D0E5-DB42-4031-AC3F-B4F7EEC0A109.jpeg

The USB port doesn't have much power for charging, I've read it's just for linking to the truck.
With an adapter, the 110 outlet is better suited for charging. I have used mine for a coffee grinder on occasion

when you shut the truck off the stereo runs till it times out or the door opens, but after it shuts off you can hit the power button and turn just the stereo back on. it is also on a secondary timer but you can reprogram that timer through forscan. i set mine for longer so i can go to the drive-in

Back