How are you wiring and where are you putting your CB radios and antennas?

Kgorman

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat Tremor 7.3
Interested as well (but for Ham). I see a lot of radios mounted vertically in the center console. I like that idea. Interested to know how folks route power, ground, and antenna from there.

strogg

Watch out for this guy
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2001 Ford Excursion, 2010 Ford Focus
I'm also interested in some ideas. I was thinking of putting my radio on the back of the driver side knee bolster like I did with the Excursion, then the controller mounted on the top of the windshield above the AS-1 line. If there's no room in the knee bolster, I'll probably slap it on the side pocket on the center console.

Any ideas on the antenna? I've seen some folks do hood mounted ones, but I'm open to suggestions.

PapaRaptor

Tremor Maniac
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
whips.jpg

davidb1841

Built Ford Tough 11/5/2019 !!!!!!!
Reaction Points
Military
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Edge SEL
There are only 2 holes in the floor pan.......if your sitting up front, they are under the driver's left little toe if his foot is flat on the floor and passenger's right. There is an 1/1/4" grommet in each hole: Perfect for running an antenna cable in to the cab and come out under the front seats....then you can slip it straight into the bottom of the center console.....or take it up under the dash...easy PZ.
cab_Access.jpg

Pompey

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Ranger PX2 3.2TD
Current Ride #2
1999 Subaru WRX Club Spec Evo 3
How are you wiring and where are you putting your CB radios and antennas? Lets see some pics of mounting location and antenna placement.
I use a remote CB mounted behind the dash. A cable runs to a panel blank with a female RJ45 connector. On the other side of the panel blank I plug the microphone in. I use double sided tape to mount the microphone mount to the dash. The mount is magnetic, which is far nicer to use than a clip. The microphone uses an OLED display and all the controls are on it.
46402DCD-A22C-46FB-8B2F-9AA754B244A8.jpeg

The aerial is mounted on a roof rack.

Last edited:

stufarmer

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
19' F450 KR .. 20' Lincoln Continental
I use a remote CB mounted behind the dash. A cable runs to a panel blank with a female RJ45 connector. On the other side of the panel blank I plug the microphone in. I use double sided tape to mount the microphone mount to the dash. The mount is magnetic, which is far nicer to use than a clip. The microphone uses an OLED display and all the controls are on it. View attachment 8385

The aerial is mounted on a roof rack.
In our Jeep Club we were required to have a CB. I wanna say I had a Cobra all in one model like that. It wasn't great, but between each other in a rally, it was perfect.

911Tremor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F-350 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat Ultimate and Sport Pkgs PowerStroke
Current Ride #2
‘05 Excursion EB 6.0,‘04 TJ as our dinghy behind our motorhome
First Responder
Retired LEO
In our Jeep Club we were required to have a CB. I wanna say I had a Cobra all in one model like that. It wasn't great, but between each other in a rally, it was perfect.
I have that model CB in our motorhome. Easy installation and it doesn’t take up much space.
Quite a few of our membership resorts have the guard booths equipped with CB’s to not only report any issues, but to let them know which Space number we are in. Spaces are not assigned, they are first come, first served, so instead of walking all the way back to the entry gate/booth, we just let them know via the CB.

Every now and then while driving, I’ll turn the CB on to listen in on the chatter. Unfortunately, you have to know a half dozen languages other than English if you want to understand what they are saying. Occasionally I’ll hear a trucker giving a Smoky Report to his fellow 18 wheelers.

Breaker-Breaker 1-9, Good Buddy!! 🤣🤪

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge