How are you terminating your winch rope?

I keep an opener on my keychain

1620926090362.png

Yep, I made this same mistake the first time too. I figured it out though. It is easier to move the bottle with the hook in place than it is to maneuver the truck with the bottle in place. Live and learn. :ROFLMAO:
Wait, you’re not supposed to tie the bottle to a tree with a strap and then winch the cap off? Why have a winch at all?!

How much is the Factor 55 set up? Mine is not as clean looking as yours. The only good thing is I could move mine from the front to the back and winch from either end of the truck

How much is the Factor 55 set up? Mine is not as clean looking as yours. The only good thing is I could move mine from the front to the back and winch from either end of the truck
Don’t know who exactly you’re responding to, or which product, but Factor55 has a good site with all of their prices clearly listed: https://factor55.com/

Thanks for putting me on to the ProLink gents.

I put a small winch on my new dump trailer and the hook was laying against the built-in tarp. ProLink XTV was the perfect solution for avoiding a tear.

Impressed by the quality of this product. Granted, it cost more than the winch. ?

7AC92682-3BF2-450A-BF0B-18772FB03072.jpeg

The Factor55 UltraHook is our most popular setup with a Hawse fairlead. We do quite a few of them on Raptors and that's what we ran on our 2017 when it had a winch setup...before we cut the frame off :D

Was looking to 'terminate' mine like this but there are a few
'issues' to tie up, pardon the pun.

AF2BC0EF-63B7-4141-8112-DC8FF412FBA4.jpeg

Got a pro link I took off my jeep to replace with the pro-hook, think I used it once, still have the box. 100$ its black

• Love
Reactions: ccw
Related question (don't have my factory winch manual handy assuming one came with the truck)...how do you access the winch to replace the line if/when required?

Related question (don't have my factory winch manual handy assuming one came with the truck)...how do you access the winch to replace the line if/when required?
I am guessing here, as I have not checked under my truck yet, and I need to pick up the truck from getting the winch installed today.

However, from other winches I have owned, and set-up in this arrangement, I would suspect we would access it from underneath the vehicle. Typically the winch rope will need to be let completely out and there will be a bolt or nut holding the very end of the rope onto the winch. Replace that with a new rope and reel it in with tension working side to side.

Cheaper than Factor 55 and Made in USA. Keeps the rope hidden so UV deterioration isn't a problem. And no @sshole is going to cut it and take your hook.

Think i'll go back to my Pro link that i used on my Jeeps. It fits my recovery kit that i have. But have been debating the hooks.

ProLink-XXL-red.jpg

ProLink-in-use-trees.jpg

Think i'll go back to my Pro link that i used on my Jeeps. It fits my recovery kit that i have. But have been debating the hooks.

View attachment 45226

View attachment 45227

I'm fine with the stock hook, and just use an isolator to snug it tight against the fairlead. That said, the F55 hook also has the hole for close system. Always nice to have options.

I switched factory open hook for a Warn Sidewinder. It snugs up against the hawse just fine and keeps the branding consistent. Not sure there is much difference between it and the Factor 55 gear otherwise.

Back