Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Military
Army Veteran
Current Ride
2011 Ford Raptor (Total Loss)
Current Ride #2
1998 Chevy Silverado Z71 - 45k miles
My wife and I built our new home 5+ years ago and had a 5 year plan for a new hottub. A nice one! Well, we stayed on track and ordered one last July 2020. Covid.

Well, after 13-14 months of patiently waiting, the call came that the tub arrived and they are installing it TODAY!!! Wife is ecstatic!

FIVE YEAR PLAN

We ordered a Utopia Cantabria 7-8 person tub with the Tuscan Sun / Brownstone coloring. It's cool looking and matches the house!

Well, they got here and I had pucker factor watching them drag it across the yard on it's long end (9') - up onto our patio and across. They then spun it around and laid it by the conduit we had installed when we poured the patio knowing this was coming. (I don't like wires everywhere so why not hide them in preparation! (Smart!))

All is going great! It will need to be shimmed due to the angle of the patio for water runoff. No biggie.

Then as they take off the plastic wrap, cardboard AND styrofoam, BAM!!! a forklift punctured through the bottom of the tub! WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!!! Talk about letting the wind out of my sail!!!!

This fucking thing was NOT Cheap!!!! My wife DREAMED of this and I made sure not QUESTION HER on this purchase!!! (I knew that I had spent a lot more over our marriage without her even realizing!!!! This is a no-brainer!!!) $20k for a hottub - albeit a gorgeous one with all sorts of shit on it, fountains, led lighting, etc! But hey, my bride is worth it!!!

Now to see what they are going to do about it. Oh the problems of my life...

Capture.PNG

I am about 6yrs ahead of you. You can have ours it's a 8 person too..it was used pretty well the 1st three years.nobody uses it now and I am tired of buying chemicals and maintaining it....I can't give the damn thing away...good thing my truck came in..I see a chain saw and the dump in its future.

I am sure they will get you another one eventually..Good Luck!

I don’t know how they would miss that damage before delivery. The holes left from a forklift are pretty unmistakable and obvious. Unless it happened in the factory before being packaged and then still how would it leave the factory.

For what it cost I would want my money back and order elsewhere.

We're suppose to be getting 9"-13" of heavy snow tomorrow. Thought I'd go out to the tub and enjoy 20 minutes of relaxation.

Got the Christmas Tree lights up as well. Great night.

I can't wait to be out here during a nice "FLUFFY" snowfall!

https://kapwi.ng/c/LoZJjSuTRt

We had our home built with a pool in 94'. I can count on one hand how times we've used the pool. It still cost $120. a month to have done whatever it is they do. We even had it re-plastered because rust stains began to appear. I grew up with a pool. They're a pain in the ass, I didn't want it in the first place. But ..

We had our home built with a pool in 94'. I can count on one hand how times we've used the pool. It still cost $120. a month to have done whatever it is they do. We even had it re-plastered because rust stains began to appear. I grew up with a pool. They're a pain in the ass, I didn't want it in the first place. But ..
It’s all in what you grow up with. I grew up with pools and boats. I told my wife when we married that we would never own either one. My dad grew up with horses. He hated horses his whole life.

My wife and I built our new home 5+ years ago and had a 5 year plan for a new hottub. A nice one! Well, we stayed on track and ordered one last July 2020. Covid.

Well, after 13-14 months of patiently waiting, the call came that the tub arrived and they are installing it TODAY!!! Wife is ecstatic!

FIVE YEAR PLAN

We ordered a Utopia Cantabria 7-8 person tub with the Tuscan Sun / Brownstone coloring. It's cool looking and matches the house!

Well, they got here and I had pucker factor watching them drag it across the yard on it's long end (9') - up onto our patio and across. They then spun it around and laid it by the conduit we had installed when we poured the patio knowing this was coming. (I don't like wires everywhere so why not hide them in preparation! (Smart!))

All is going great! It will need to be shimmed due to the angle of the patio for water runoff. No biggie.

Then as they take off the plastic wrap, cardboard AND styrofoam, BAM!!! a forklift punctured through the bottom of the tub! WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!!! Talk about letting the wind out of my sail!!!!

This fucking thing was NOT Cheap!!!! My wife DREAMED of this and I made sure not QUESTION HER on this purchase!!! (I knew that I had spent a lot more over our marriage without her even realizing!!!! This is a no-brainer!!!) $20k for a hottub - albeit a gorgeous one with all sorts of shit on it, fountains, led lighting, etc! But hey, my bride is worth it!!!

Now to see what they are going to do about it. Oh the problems of my life...

View attachment 33907
That story ended poorly. I am sorry to hear about the fork lift asshat. I hope it all ends up working out. Nice looking tub, for sure. I think that's on my short list, but need to come up with a plan as you did.

Weve got a Hotsprings Envoy... love it. Were on our 3rd season.

NOT cheap, but its got 5 ceramic filters, 3 motors, bluetooth stereo, etc... So far had to replace the sub-woofer(under warranty) and need to order a speaker. The tub and stuff is good quality, but the stereo is made in china shit.

Super easy to take care of with the ozonator and silver ion cartridge. I use $2 pool chlorine from Home Depot and MPS from Leslies(3-4 lbs gets me through a whole season, so $20 or so).

Weve got a Hotsprings Envoy... love it. Were on our 3rd season.

NOT cheap, but its got 5 ceramic filters, 3 motors, bluetooth stereo, etc... So far had to replace the sub-woofer(under warranty) and need to order a speaker. The tub and stuff is good quality, but the stereo is made in china shit.

Super easy to take care of with the ozonator and silver ion cartridge. I use $2 pool chlorine from Home Depot and MPS from Leslies(3-4 lbs gets me through a whole season, so $20 or so).
Nice. Yeah, we opted against the speakers and tv. My bluetooth portable speakers do just fine and saved $1,500. Wasn't wanting to spend $ on the third motor (lounger) but SO GLAD we did. Great Investment? VERY DOUBTFUL if/when the excitement wears off but great enjoyment so far! I didn't think I'd ever use it. It is for the wife and kids. Hell, I'm in it more then they are I think!

Ours the 3rd motor/pump wasnt optional. There are 2 jet pumps and 1 circulation pump. It filters 100% of the water constantly. I think thats why its pretty low maintenance. When i was looking MOST tubs recirculated like 80% of the water. I was ok paying more money for a tub with 100% filtration. The speakers were "included" as part of a package deal... Im sure they just move the numbers around to make them look "free" because I had priced the tub out before this hot tub show took place and the overall deal was good, but whatever. 0% for 5 years... sure ill use somebody else's money.

The other thing I noticed when buying was "people count" for lack of a better term. You look at something that was sold at "8 person"... yea maybe 8 children. 300 gallons LOL. Ours is a 5 man... 5 real people can fit in it. 400 gallons. The Hot Springs Grande I think is an 8 person and its north of 500 gallons, might be 600 gallons.

See I didnt have a pool growing up and always wanted one. We built one in 2004, wife is very frugal and she didnt want any of the extras like solar or water features. We got a decent deal, the guy who designed/ built it I had worked with so he gave us a lot of the subs direct and we save some coin. It was in SoCal and with the solar, the kids swam 10+ months a year, neighbors were jealous. The kids were small when it was built and after they learned to swim, they would spend all day in it and when they got out, they ate whatever was put in front of em. One day I was making dinner and found a can of lima beans, dont know where they came from, but I said what the heck and with some butter, they ate em, and then they fell asleep. We have a bunch of pics were they are passed out at the kitchen table. Next day they would do it all over again.

My wife is like, you were right...

Back