Hood Deflectors / Protectors - Pic and Feedback Request

SManZ

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Tremor XLT 7.3L
I'm looking at some hood deflectors/protectors and wanted to ask for pics and feedback. I've seen some posts already that the Ford/Superduty branded one is flimsy. I'd like to have one that isn't terribly expensive, does not rub on the paint, and doesn't use sticky tape on the exterior paint. I'm looking at EGR and Weathertech right now.

Or if the whole idea just sucks, tell me that too. :p I didn't get one on my Tacoma and got some rock chips in the hood over time. I did have one on the truck before that but it eventually wore into the paint because of the way it attached at the leading edge of the hood.

Thank you!

Have had one on my F150 for 5 years. I'm convinced it helps although without wind tunnel tests I can only surmise that what it deflects upwards tends to impact the brow of the roof. I'm getting one on my Tremor and I will heavily ceramic coat the roof brow. I will also heavily coat the deflector.

Have had one on my F150 for 5 years. I'm convinced it helps although without wind tunnel tests I can only surmise that what it deflects upwards tends to impact the brow of the roof. I'm getting one on my Tremor and I will heavily ceramic coat the roof brow. I will also heavily coat the deflector.
Thanks for the feedback! Which ones are you looking at getting?

The Ford factory one. I got the Ford for my F150 and thought I was careful about cleaning before putting the self-adhesive bumpers on but one came off a year or two ago but it hasn't caused further grief. We'll see if the factory/dealer does a better job.

I installed the factory aeroskin yesterday. Really installed it to protect from stone chips

Attachments

• 30C6EDA1-36AE-4212-BB04-B7E60BA5D213.jpeg
    30C6EDA1-36AE-4212-BB04-B7E60BA5D213.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 209
I have the one from the Ford Accessories website and, for the most part, pleased with it. As is the case for anything, success is dictated by the prep work. In certain wind conditions (direction and speed), it’ll buzz when I hit 72 mph, but this isn’t very often. I’ve come up with a way that I believe will eliminate this problem, I just need to take a little time to revise the deflector.

MB

Picked up my deflector today. I looked online, all the pricing from Ford parts dealers was roughly 150 give or take a few bucks.

Went by my local dealer, saved 60 plus any shipping. Not sure why there was such a wide gap in pricing

20210702_091142.jpg

Picked up my deflector today. I looked online, all the pricing from Ford parts dealers was roughly 150 give or take a few bucks.

Went by my local dealer, saved 60 plus any shipping. Not sure why there was such a wide gap in pricing

View attachment 27093
To circle back to my experience with the Ford Hood Deflector, the buzz worsened with a little time. I ended up developing a much more robust way to mount it to the hood, as I really like the looks and level of protection it offers. I used the same factory holes in the hood, but there are two locations that loosen with time and the buzz begins. One of these two locations was loose enough in the beginning to buzz, but as I mentioned, it got worse with a few miles.

Anyone using this hood deflector and experiencing buzz are welcome to reach out and I'll share the tactics I used to completely eliminate the ability for the buzz to occur.

MB

I'm looking at some hood deflectors/protectors and wanted to ask for pics and feedback. I've seen some posts already that the Ford/Superduty branded one is flimsy. I'd like to have one that isn't terribly expensive, does not rub on the paint, and doesn't use sticky tape on the exterior paint. I'm looking at EGR and Weathertech right now.

Or if the whole idea just sucks, tell me that too. :p I didn't get one on my Tacoma and got some rock chips in the hood over time. I did have one on the truck before that but it eventually wore into the paint because of the way it attached at the leading edge of the hood.

Thank you!
I love the one that came with my order. I don’t go through car washes so not worried about it getting damaged. I bought tuff skin letters for it and live it even more. It’s not for everyone but that’s life. I did notice that when we hit a muddy road the mud started to show on my hood about halfway up, so it definitely helps some.
Don ??????????
5FE450F5-8566-4638-90D2-43B0BE5AA24D.jpeg

View attachment 27093
I read someone ordered one from Ford and got a cheap one that they didn’t like. There’s came with raised letters. I have the indented letters. IDK I’m going by someone else’s post and my experience with the indented one I have. ??

I read someone ordered one from Ford and got a cheap one that they didn’t like. There’s came with raised letters. I have the indented letters. IDK I’m going by someone else’s post and my experience with the indented one I have. ??
Will let ya know this afternoon what it looks like. I grabbed it, dropped it at my house and ran out.

i picked up the AVS AeroSkin 2 as i have good luck with it on my previous 2018 f150. it worked great on that vehicle and the extra lip on the leading edge seemed to help with bugs hitting the windshield alot. Several times i drove from AB to BC and had little use for the windshield sprayers.. and i was pretty sceptical at first. It does attached with double sided tape on all of the perimeter, no noise and nice and solid. i also picked up the AVS in channel window deflectors for quiet in cabin airflow. truck wont be here until mid Q4

The $150 + Deflector from Ford is Bolted on. It's solid, probably one of the better Defectors I've owned. There is a piece of foam that goes between the deflector and the paint, but no double backed tape holding it on.

The $150 + Deflector from Ford is Bolted on. It's solid, probably one of the better Defectors I've owned. There is a piece of foam that goes between the deflector and the paint, but no double backed tape holding it on.
I just installed mine. The instructions didn’t show where those foam strips go.

Opened mine up, it's the tape on deflector, it's going back because I am not taping it on. Guy at the dealership, when I asked, that this is the bolt on deflector... it's obviously not This thing is so flimsy, I think a bird fart would crack it

Just got back from the dealer... not sure what is with dealers down here, they are all lazy... when I ordered this one, by Vin with him, he said there are 2, I told him it's the embossed one...

Today he says that is the only one they list... pfft

Someone have a part number for the bolt on, sturdy oem deflector I see on trucks in this post?

20210707_155531.jpg

Last edited:
Opened mine up, it's the tape on deflector, it's going back because I am not taping it on. Guy at the dealership, when I asked, that this is the bolt on deflector... it's obviously not This thing is so flimsy, I think a bird fart would crack it

Just got back from the dealer... not sure what is with dealers down here, they are all lazy... when I ordered this one, by Vin with him, he said there are 2, I told him it's the embossed one...

Today he says that is the only one they list... pfft

Someone have a part number for the bolt on, sturdy oem deflector I see on trucks in this post?

View attachment 27503

GENUINE FORD HOOD DEFLECTOR - BLACK MOLDED​

PART NUMBER: HC3Z-16C900-C

The one you have starts with a V in front of the H which is the aeroskin version.

Back