Hood ajar warning

Hans_ky

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150
Has anyone had this happen on their truck yet? I see it happening on some of the older 2017 and 2018 SD trucks in the forums. I confirmed my hood is latched. The hood has been only opened a few times in the 3,500 miles I’ve had it.

I’m not too worried as it’s under warranty, but checking to see if others have experienced it.

Thanks!

What exactly happened?

I parked the truck to go running. When I came back and started it the hood open warning popped up. I opened and closed the hood to confirm it was latched and hoped it would not come back after sitting overnight. Now it seems to be on full time.

No problems with mine, sound like the hood sensor is bad. Should be an easy fix.

My 18 F150 had that issues. Twice in the middle of the night my truck alarm was triggered because of it. Took it to Ford they replaced the sensor didn't have any more issues with it.

My 18 F150 had that issues. Twice in the middle of the night my truck alarm was triggered because of it. Took it to Ford they replaced the sensor didn't have any more issues with it.
Awesome, thanks! I figured it was an easy fix.

its a funny story. The first time it went off I was staying on base and went off around 0100. Im like WTF. whose alarm is going off, that sucks for them....Then the ford pass said alarm triggered and I was Oh shit that's me. Whos jacking my ride...LMAO went running downstairs ready to fight.

I did some investigation a few weekends back and found the micro switch in the hood latch had separated from the latch itself and is just dangling. The dealership is backed up until early December to even get it in. Knowing it only takes a few minutes to replace its frustrating...

I’ve been trying to determine the part number for the latch and the online parts departments aren’t exactly sure. I found this one but I have a hard time believing the hood latch with the micro switch is so cheap.https://www.fordgenuineautoparts.co...ly-hood-hc3z16700e?c=az0xJnE9SEMzWi0xNjcwMC1C

Does anyone know a better parts source I could reference to get the right latch with switch?

Thanks!

Back