Honest Opinion/Review of Ride Quality?

As a caveat to my 2nd footnote, note that the rear seats are not at all comfortable. So put your least favorite friends back there. ?

Also make sure you get the LEDs. You won’t see the moose until it’s on your lap with the factory halogen lamps.
Soop, do we dare ask how you know the back seat is not comfortable?

haha. Three kids and a wife who all share my trait of freely sharing opinions.

My sons damn near fight to the death every time one calls shotgun.

FWIW, I feel the uncomfortable back seats are a fair trade for all of the storage space I have under them to squirrel away shit my kids would steal if left in the garage. ?

As a caveat to my 2nd footnote, note that the rear seats are not at all comfortable. So put your least favorite friends back there. ?

Also make sure you get the LEDs. You won’t see the moose until it’s on your lap with the factory halogen lamps.
Thanks for the feedback - I hope the rear seats aren't that bad as that will definitely give me grief in the carpool! haha

I went for the Lariat ultimate package as well as the the black-out package which comes with the LEDs - I definitely wanted good lights for night highway driving! In the winter months I'm driving in dark both to work and heading home (uhh, depressing).

I never noticed that you freely share you opinions.

I looked at the thread Pics of who we are.
I didn’t see one of you or your family. Come on my shy brother. Show off that family of yours and show your mug.
As most know I’m all about details and your stories are all about details which make the story. It’s ALL ABOUT THE DETAILS. It’s also great to have a vision of who that person is in the story.
Come on bra!!!!

Firstly, I realize the Tremor is a Super Duty truck which is meant to do work, hence it's payload and max towing capacity. With that said, how do people feel about the ride quality as something they would drive day to day?

It's really hard to know to get a good feel from the reviews I've read and videos I've watched. Most video reviews seem to say that it rides "quite nice" and "doesn't seem like a heavy duty truck" - but there's obviously people saying things contradicting that. I wasn't even able to test-drive a Tremor before ordering my 2022 F-250 Lariat, the lots around here didn't even have one super duty let alone a Tremor to test drive.

I guess the question is - does the F-250 Tremor have decent road manners given it has the F-350 spring pack out back? The high-sidewall tires should really help and I definitely don't plan to run 80psi in the rear tires unless towing heavy. It seems the tire pressure is a big factor, many people that say it rides "surprisingly well" seem to be airing down for normal driving.
No issues with my 2021 250 tremor, sure it's a little bumpy than my fx4 159 I traded but not much, run 76psinin rear and 70psi up front

Firstly, I realize the Tremor is a Super Duty truck which is meant to do work, hence it's payload and max towing capacity. With that said, how do people feel about the ride quality as something they would drive day to day?

It's really hard to know to get a good feel from the reviews I've read and videos I've watched. Most video reviews seem to say that it rides "quite nice" and "doesn't seem like a heavy duty truck" - but there's obviously people saying things contradicting that. I wasn't even able to test-drive a Tremor before ordering my 2022 F-250 Lariat, the lots around here didn't even have one super duty let alone a Tremor to test drive.

I guess the question is - does the F-250 Tremor have decent road manners given it has the F-350 spring pack out back? The high-sidewall tires should really help and I definitely don't plan to run 80psi in the rear tires unless towing heavy. It seems the tire pressure is a big factor, many people that say it rides "surprisingly well" seem to be airing down for normal driving.
Went from a 2016 F150 Lariat to a 2021 F350 Lariat Tremor and expected the ride to be somewhere close to unbearable. Have ridden in older F350’s that would compress your spine. Before taking delivery did research on aftermarket suspension kits that would soften the ride but not take away from towing capacity. Tremor arrived and drove it home and was absolutely shocked at how well it rode. Don’t get me wrong it doesn’t ride like my F150 but still pleasantly surprised at ride quality with 80psi in rear tires. Drove it from Oregon to South Dakota last week over Lolo Pass and it was a joy to drive over this rough narrow winding road.

Went from a 2016 F150 Lariat to a 2021 F350 Lariat Tremor and expected the ride to be somewhere close to unbearable. Have ridden in older F350’s that would compress your spine. Before taking delivery did research on aftermarket suspension kits that would soften the ride but not take away from towing capacity. Tremor arrived and drove it home and was absolutely shocked at how well it rode. Don’t get me wrong it doesn’t ride like my F150 but still pleasantly surprised at ride quality with 80psi in rear tires. Drove it from Oregon to South Dakota last week over Lolo Pass and it was a joy to drive over this rough narrow winding road.
I agree. The harshness doesn't really show up until you get it on a rocky road, or off-road. Then you know you are in a heavy duty truck. But on normal roads, it rides well.

A lot written here ... I put ATS Fox Steering stabilizer, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, and FOX 2.0 shocks all around ... Rides almost perfect (I have 350). But the ride was OK without ... just a lot better with these changes

A lot written here ... I put ATS Fox Steering stabilizer, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, and FOX 2.0 shocks all around ... Rides almost perfect (I have 350). But the ride was OK without ... just a lot better with these changes
Thanks for the feedback!

Did you wear out the Duratracs or swap them out relatively early? The Duratracs seem to be getting a lot more negative reviews than I expected, I always thought they were pretty well regarded before seeing all the negative feedback on here...

Did you do the steering stabilizer the same time as other mods or on its own? I am curious how much a difference that made, did it help with wander?

Thanks for the feedback!

Did you wear out the Duratracs or swap them out relatively early? The Duratracs seem to be getting a lot more negative reviews than I expected, I always thought they were pretty well regarded before seeing all the negative feedback on here...

Did you do the steering stabilizer the same time as other mods or on its own? I am curious how much a difference that made, did it help with wander?
The wandering comes from the crown in the OEM tires. A steering stabilizer is nothing more than a bandaid.

I am on 37” Falken Wildpeaks (55psi front/50 psi rear) and commute 55 miles a day empty. Rides pretty damn good considering. A little shake here or there depending on the road, but overall zero complaints for a heavy truck on 37’s…is it my wife's navigator? No. But i don't expect it to be…LOL

Do the Ridge Grapplers handle better? Are they quieter? I think they have the mountain symbol, right?
Thanks.

Do the Ridge Grapplers handle better? Are they quieter? I think they have the mountain symbol, right?
Thanks.
I know I may catch some blow back here, but I put 35” Ridge Grapplers on and hated them (I am not saying I am right, just my opinion, everybody has one….lol). Took them off in less than 1000 miles. Replaced them with the 37” Wild peaks and couldn't be happier. I had 35” Toyo AT 3’s on my 2019 F250 and liked them almost as much as the wild peaks. (RG has no mountain symbol, the wild peaks and AT3’s both do). I am 90% highway driving. If I had to do it over, Wild Peaks for the win!

I know I may catch some blow back here, but I put 35” Ridge Grapplers on and hated them (I am not saying I am right, just my opinion, everybody has one….lol). Took them off in less than 1000 miles. Replaced them with the 37” Wild peaks and couldn't be happier. I had 35” Toyo AT 3’s on my 2019 F250 and liked them almost as much as the wild peaks. (RG has no mountain symbol, the wild peaks and AT3’s both do). I am 90% highway driving. If I had to do it over, Wild Peaks for the win!
What size are the 37" Wildpeaks and did you put them on the stock wheels?

What size are the 37" Wildpeaks and did you put them on the stock wheels?
37x12.5x18 on 18x9 Vision Manx 2 wheels with a +12 offset. Heres a pic sitting beside the RG they replaced and a few after install?

Attachments

• 8DCCBEBC-23EC-49FD-8C46-F11C171B5532.jpeg
    8DCCBEBC-23EC-49FD-8C46-F11C171B5532.jpeg
    596.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 08A5B6E6-A58E-4E0C-8C90-0BEBDE6BBAA2.jpeg
    08A5B6E6-A58E-4E0C-8C90-0BEBDE6BBAA2.jpeg
    802.2 KB · Views: 309
  • AC51833C-A9E5-4D1C-8D95-9453341800C9.jpeg
    AC51833C-A9E5-4D1C-8D95-9453341800C9.jpeg
    555.1 KB · Views: 306

Latest Discussions

Back