Hitch receiver size

Vicious-Peanut

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Do we have a 2.5” receiver? Looking to get a shackle mount and I know it isn’t 2” but I’ve seen mention of 3”?! Class 5 seems to be 2.5 so I don’t really see why 3 would be a thing.?

Edit - seems like the 250 w/ 6.7 has a 3”. Interesting

6.7 here and its 3" this was my solution since my old Chubby duramax was a 2.5" please ignore my hockey sticks wife thinks 4-5 games per week is excessive
IMG_4403.jpeg

My old B&W with my new adapter. Love this adapter it stops and doesn't keep sliding in.

Attachments

• IMG_20200314_152240.jpg
    IMG_20200314_152240.jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 596
I purchased a sub $30 no brainer of a product with my truck delivery yesterday! This locking pin works with the little key in your Ford Keyfob!! It’s called BoltLock. Had to share this one!! Can’t tell you how many times I asked myself “now where is that key?”

Attachments

• 27E8928E-B2F7-45B0-93C0-4BB65CBA058E.jpeg
    27E8928E-B2F7-45B0-93C0-4BB65CBA058E.jpeg
    448.5 KB · Views: 697
I purchased a sub $30 no brainer of a product with my truck delivery yesterday! This locking pin works with the little key in your Ford Keyfob!! It’s called BoltLock. Had to share this one!! Can’t tell you how many times I asked myself “now where is that key?”

where did you purchase the Boltlock from ?

Here is the Bolt Lock website.
Bolt Lock

Here is an Amazon Link
Amazon Link

I was excited about this until I read the reviews. Numerous instances of the lock head failing and/or falling off. A few examples of similar (Chevy Tahoe / Chevy Colorado) keys opening the same lock. Not to mention the lock head is so huge it seems like it gives scumbags good purchase to pry or smash off. I'm gonna pass.

Last edited:
My dealer had it and I purchased it with the truck. Looks like it had some bad reviews based on Mtn Mans findings. Amazon has a 4.7 out of 5 review rating and others were similar if not better. The way that I look at locks is pretty simple, there’s a lock on it and I’m hoping they will pass mine up. I feel that if someone wants to get off, they’re gonna get it off. I’m just happy I can afford a new one. You can bet your a$$ I will try anyone I know who has the same key on it. Thanks for the feedback and research Mtn Man!

So I wanted to dig further and see if I had a piece of crap on the back of my new truck. I checked the website and they are claiming these locks are made by STRATTEC and they claim that STRATTEC makes all OE keys and locks for Ford, GM and Chrysler?

On a lighter note, look at how sinister my grill looks with the weather we’ve had.

1585403831293.jpeg

I went with 6” and should arrive next week. From others this is perfect drop for stock. My old truck was 2” higher and I had an 8”.
What are you towing with it? I’ll be towing a 27ft Airstream and I’m not sure yet how much of a drop I will need to tow it.

What are you towing with it? I’ll be towing a 27ft Airstream and I’m not sure yet how much of a drop I will need to tow it.
I use if for my work trailer which sits pretty low. I’ve towed a 32ft overall length travel trailer with no WDH and it did fine. My new 36ft toy hauler is much heavier so wouldn’t consider towing above side street speed without a WDH due to sway and weight.

Here is the Bolt Lock website.
Bolt Lock

Here is an Amazon Link
Amazon Link

I was excited about this until I read the reviews. Numerous instances of the lock head failing and/or falling off. A few examples of similar (Chevy Tahoe / Chevy Colorado) keys opening the same lock. Not to mention the lock head is so huge it seems like it gives scumbags good purchase to pry or smash off. I'm gonna pass.
I had the Bolt Lock on my old truck, along with a few trailer locks and padlock. I had a spare “dumb” key made that I left in the center console so I could hook/in hook trailers without having to shut the truck off.

So when I got the new truck I just kept the same locks and key even though its all keyed to my old truck. I did end up replacing the hitch lock with the one from B&W. The Bolt Lock fit really, really snug on the 3” receiver tube and just made me uncomfortable. It was probably fine, but $30 was cheap for piece of mind.

I was looking for a 6 inch drop but found this 9 in drop on sale ... This thing is a monster is perfect for the yeti will be using towing the XJ to Moab but having options is always good ... But always looking for a sale ... This hitch is rated for 32k lbs .... OVERKILL but on sale so fuck it it was 3 in hitch

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_154301_695.jpg
    IMG_20200819_154301_695.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 302
Back