Hitch Receiver Height ?

Big John Son

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
1991 Prius
Can anyone please measure the approximate center-line of the receiver from the ground (truck empty) for me? I'm looking to buy a BW adjustable ball mount before my Tremor arrives and want to be sure I get the right drop for my boat trailer.

Thanks.

Mine was approximately 23.25” from ground to top, inside edge of the receiver tube.

FWIW, I went with the 7” drop from B&W and it works great for me and my trailers. I’ve seen other guys say they are running the 5”, but I wouldn’t have been able to get away with it.

Mine was approximately 23.25” from ground to top, inside edge of the receiver tube.

FWIW, I went with the 7” drop from B&W and it works great for me and my trailers. I’ve seen other guys say they are running the 5”, but I wouldn’t have been able to get away with it.
I’m getting ready to order new weigh safe hitch with 6” drop in 3” draw bar. My old truck was 25” from ground so had 8” drop. Would you recommend 8” or 6” on stock tremor?

I’m getting ready to order new weigh safe hitch with 6” drop in 3” draw bar. My old truck was 25” from ground so had 8” drop. Would you recommend 8” or 6” on stock tremor?
It’s going to come down to your trailers. I’ve got a livestock trailer that is pretty low so I had to go with a minimum of 7” drop, my other trailers would have been fine with as little as 5” of drop.

Best to just measure it and be safe.

Had my salesman check a 250 Tremor that just came in. He said 25", for what it's worth. I was trying to find out for the same reasons you were.

Can anyone please measure the approximate center-line of the receiver from the ground (truck empty) for me? I'm looking to buy a BW adjustable ball mount before my Tremor arrives and want to be sure I get the right drop for my boat trailer.

Thanks.
I have The 7.3L in a F-350 and am at approximately 23 3/4“ to the top of the inside of the receiver tube. Another thing to note is the 7.3L gets a 2 1/2” hitch not the 3” even in the F-350. I am using the 7” B&W on mine.

Thanks, good info. I'll need to go with the 7" as well. My boat would work fine with a 5 but the jet ski trailer looks like its gonna push the limits of a 5.

I went with an 8" drop and only need the bottom holes for my little boat trailer(very light), the same hitch with payload close to maxed out (with sumo springs) scrapes the ground coming out of gas stations with steeper angles to the road. I should have gotten the 6" drop.

I went with an 8" drop and only need the bottom holes for my little boat trailer(very light), the same hitch with payload close to maxed out (with sumo springs) scrapes the ground coming out of gas stations with steeper angles to the road. I should have gotten the 6" drop.
Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Latest Discussions

Back