Hitch advice for a large Pop Up Camper

TampaTremor

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Hey guys, I am a brand new Tremor owner, coming from an F150. I currently have a Rockwod 2716G pop up camper. It is around 3,400 pounds fully loaded and around 520 pounds of tongue weight.

I am getting ready for a few long trips and am in need of a hitch. I want to be a safe as possible but I also don't want to spend a ton of money on something meant for towing 20,000 pounds.

Any recommendations? Should I just pick up a 2.5 inch drop hitch or should I go with a 10 inch drop shank and equalizer hitch?

Thanks in advance!

Outnumbered

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Miltary
US Coast Guard
Current Ride
‘17 Tundra
Current Ride #2
2021 F-350 Lariat Ultimate 7.3 (Ordered)
Hey guys, I am a brand new Tremor owner, coming from an F150. I currently have a Rockwod 2716G pop up camper. It is around 3,400 pounds fully loaded and around 520 pounds of tongue weight.

I am getting ready for a few long trips and am in need of a hitch. I want to be a safe as possible but I also don't want to spend a ton of money on something meant for towing 20,000 pounds.

Any recommendations? Should I just pick up a 2.5 inch drop hitch or should I go with a 10 inch drop shank and equalizer hitch?

Thanks in advance!
I am trying to figure this out too, I’m around 3200 lbs trailer weight. Looking at doing a Bulletproof 6” drop. Also thinking of the ability to upgrade the trailer so I don’t need to get an entirely new set up.

Last edited:

SVTCALI

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Tremor 6.7L
Current Ride #2
2020 Explorer ST
I highly recommend the B&W Tow & Stow hitch. I went with the 5" drop version but have seen others choose the 7" drop. I have given away all of my other hitches since I got this one since this one hitch will cover just about every bumper tow situation I will be in.

OP
T

TampaTremor

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Thanks for the advice on not necessarily requiring a weight distribution hitch for my needs. It will be nice to have something more universal like a B&W or Bulletproof hitch.

At this point I am leaning towards the Bulletproof medium duty hitch with the sway control plate to pair with a Curt or Reese sway control set up.

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge