Highway use and Towing capabilities

Flying high

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2014 F150 2014 Ford Explorer Sport
We really like the look of the Tremor package I do a lot of Highway traveling with a trailer and without the trailer. My question is how does the truck handle on the highway with them type of tires. I've read some articles where they say the Tremor trucks like to wander on the highway is this true ? Thank you for your feedback.

We really like the look of the Tremor package I do a lot of Highway traveling with a trailer and without the trailer. My question is how does the truck handle on the highway with them type of tires. I've read some articles where they say the Tremor trucks like to wander on the highway is this true ? Thank you for your feedback.
There is a break in period on the tires and some have had a wandering issues. I have not had the issues with wandering but see a lot of non paved roads. I think the Duratrac is a not too bad of a compromise but is a compromise and if wasn’t off-road much would look at going to a less aggressive AT tire for more highway friendly ride.

I really didn't have much of a wandering issue with the tires. I drove mine home about 50 miles and used 3 fingers to steer 90% of the way home. Drove and rode great. Combination of asphalt and concrete highway 45 miles of it.

I really didn't have much of a wandering issue with the tires. I drove mine home about 50 miles and used 3 fingers to steer 90% of the way home. Drove and rode great. Combination of asphalt and concrete highway 45 miles of it.

Did you lower your air pressure from 60/80?

Did you lower your air pressure from 60/80?
I did when picking up before I drove home yes. I lowered the rears to 65 psi while fronts were left at 60 psi. I drive around with the light on all the time already (eventually will adjust with 5Star/SCT Tuner), so I should really try something closer to 50/50 while it's winter season and not towing anything.

Zero wandering once the tires broke in. Like Sledgemonkey44 below. I’m running 60 front and 65 rear. Had to forscan tire limits to get rid of the low tire warning.

I towed my 32 ft., 10k lbs trailer for 300 miles with zero issue.

Last edited:
Mine randomly wandered for about 1,500 miles. By 2,000 it became completely unnoticeable. I’m very happy with the ride and tire quality now. I also dropped to 60-65 in the rear straight from the dealership and actually added a little to the fronts to put them about the same. I also drive around with the idiot light on. Air up rears when hauling or towing. I’m running a 6.7 twofiddy.

Mine wandered for approx. 2,000 miles. It drives excellent now and I really do not have a problem with the Goodyears at this point. My dealer also recently did a front end alignment, because my steering wheel was off to the left since new, which improved the tracking even better. I keep my tire pressure at 60 psi front, 70 psi rear.

The wandering is usually due to the tires. Many have changed tires because of this and claim better ride, no wander, etc.

The wandering is usually due to the tires. Many have changed tires because of this and claim better ride, no wander, etc.
Any ideas what type of Tire they went to

I towed 6k lbs (24ft enclosed trailer, 9ft sides, square nose) about 1000 miles on the highway and had no issues with wandering. Stock tires, stock pressures, regular ball hitch (no weight distributing).

Any ideas what type of Tire they went to

Lots of owners are going with Toyo MTs or RTs and Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The RTs and Grapplers are more of a hybrid AT/MT tire which makes them lighter and quieter on the road. I have the 37” Toyo RTs on my Raptor, so I am going to try the 37” Ridge Grapplers on my Tremor.

Lots of owners are going with Toyo MTs or RTs and Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The RTs and Grapplers are more of a hybrid AT/MT tire which makes them lighter and quieter on the road. I have the 37” Toyo RTs on my Raptor, so I am going to try the 37” Ridge Grapplers on my Tremor.
I went a different route and got the Cooper STT Pros.......so I am at 6000 miles and they are great tires but there a little noisier than new...especially on new interstate. Very aggressive MT and super cool looking. Made here in the good ole USA by Cooper (Maker of Mickey Thompson and Dick Cepek).

I just ordered the Toyo Open Country AT3,s.... Its a new tire. Specs look very good...

Opinions???

Latest Discussions

Back