High Beam Wire

Pompey

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2018 Subaru Outback
Current Ride #2
1999 Subaru WRX Club Spec Evo 3
I am installing the wiring for my driving lights and I need to pick up the high beam wire to switch the driving light relay. Has anyone done this? The truck has the LED headlights and it’s difficult finding the actual wiring, let alone the right wire.

I am installing the wiring for my driving lights and I need to pick up the high beam wire to switch the driving light relay. Has anyone done this? The truck has the LED headlights and it’s difficult finding the actual wiring, let alone the right wire.
I just went through this and I could not determine the high beam wire with my multimeter. The draw is too low on these LED's is my assumption. I'm planning on using the fogs to trigger my relay and use forescan to have fogs on with high beams. I never use my fogs with low beams.

I just went through this and I could not determine the high beam wire with my multimeter. The draw is too low on these LED's is my assumption. I'm planning on using the fogs to trigger my relay and use forescan to have fogs on with high beams. I never use my fogs with low beams.
I never use fogs with high beams. Fog lights are low as they give light that illuminates below the cloud or fog level. If you need to run fogs with actual fog the high beams will reflect off the fog/clouds at street level and literally blind you. Not a good idea day or night.

Of course running fog light with high beams on a clear night you are good to go.

That could work for me too. I think it will be easier to find and use the fog light wire to switch the driving light relay. Unless someone else has another idea that is better. My plan is to use An upfitter switch as the fused main power, and the fog light wire as the switch wire.

Just a follow up, I eneded up wiring my led light bar relay trigger wire to my fog lights. Then used forscan to enable bambi mode. Now when I want to turn on and off my light bar I use my fog light switch. It works, but it is a bit cumbersome to reach down and find the button in the dark sometimes when you want to turn it off for sudden oncoming traffic.

Just a follow up, I eneded up wiring my led light bar relay trigger wire to my fog lights. Then used forscan to enable bambi mode. Now when I want to turn on and off my light bar I use my fog light switch. It works, but it is a bit cumbersome to reach down and find the button in the dark sometimes when you want to turn it off for sudden oncoming traffic.
Use upfitter

I just looked at my 2022 for the plow harness to tap high beam. Only found a 20 pin connector in that location and nothing probed as a high beam signal.

I just looked at my 2022 for the plow harness to tap high beam. Only found a 20 pin connector in that location and nothing probed as a high beam signal.
The high beam signal wire can be found at a connector in behind the wheel liner on the RHS front wheel. I made a thread about this a few weeks ago. I’ll see if I can find it and will post a link

You need to remove the wheel liner, it’s tucked up in there and being black, difficult to find. You might need a torch. It’s up against the guard

The LED headlights don't receive a 12V signal to trigger them like older vehicles (or even the halogen vehicles). The truck body harness sends 12 volts to the LED lighting assembly and the BCM then sends a data signal to the assembly commanding the light to turn on.

The best bet would be the plow headlight harness if your truck has it. Otherwise I think the upfitter harness has a signal wire for the lights (low and/or high) but I'd have to look at it again.

Ill have another look, clearly looking in the wrong spot.
the Black connector is to you right as you are looking at the wheel, at about the 2 -3 o’clock position of the wheel arch, in the direction of the front of the truck

Connector can be seen with its red tab
6BC212C3-D131-4260-AF3A-13217B1273E0.jpeg

Finally have a high beam trigger wire on my 2022 with sync 4 12" display!

grog0x0 over on ford-trucks https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1674162-super-duty-headlight-wiring.html used this device: https://www.forgemotorsportoverland...rface-dual-output?_pos=1&_sid=def58c7b6&_ss=r on an earlier model year:

I tapped into the plug going into the heated steering module for the High and Low MS-Can-bus as our obd2 port with the new sync 4 no longer has medium speed can.

20220410_094820.jpg

GY-OG MS-Can High
VT-OG MS-Can Low
20220410_094827.jpg

Tapped the park brake switch for constant power and used the main chassis ground.
20220410_094801.jpg

Testing the trigger wire.

Attachments

• Heated steering wheel harness 1.pdf
    133.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Heated steering wheel harness 2.pdf
    97.7 KB · Views: 12
I am undertaking this same task this weekend. @CrashBondo did you use the factory ground under the hood (meaning you extended the group on the Lazer Can8 module before going through the firewall boot?

Additionally, @CrashBondo is everything working okay? Getting the wire tap on the parking brake POS+ cable was a pain in the ass.. Thank you for the images.

Back