Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2022 F250 6.7
Current Ride #2
2006 F350 DRW 6.0
I have not the quad led lights, just the regular ones (I don't know how do they call it, 2020 lights without paying extra for the quad led lights)
The low beam is super but when I turn to high beam, it has almost no difference. I hope if I attach the video about it, it will be playable.
When I went to the dealership and told them about it, they said there is no any problem with it. I figured they checked it in daytime, they have no wall where they can see it. I had to convince them with parking next to another truck with the same kind of light and showing them the comparison between the two, in the dark when the service was already closed, so I originally made this video to show them how mine looks like. (the service closes before dark)
At this point I don't want to adjust myself. I also got flashed for my low beam just as another forum member who has the quad led lights.
(it says the file is too large, it's only a 4 secs video :( )

OK, pictures from the video, low and high beam. Almost no difference between the two.

Attachments

• low_beam.PNG
    low_beam.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • high_beam.PNG
    high_beam.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
the stock halogen headlights suck... They suck so much that mine were adjusted way up form the factory and i didn't even notice. It wasn't until I put the F150LEDs.com kit in that i even noticed that they were adjusted poorly.

I have a couple recommendations to adjust the headlights so you don't break the adjustment screw. The headlights are not put in from the factory that well they are usually pulled to one side or pointing up or down. My recommendation would be to loosen the 3 headlight bolts. Two from the top and one between the 1/4 panel and the bumper. then push the light around and get it centered left right and a little low.

After you do this the adjustment range will be well within the capabilities of the plastic screw adjustment to fine tune up down.

i would just buy and LED kit and do it all at once should take an hour or 2 max.

Reactions: mbe
my guess from the photos is they are super pushed in at the bottom and adjusted all the way up

Its a 2020...tell the dealer to fix it.

the stock halogen headlights suck... They suck so much that mine were adjusted way up form the factory and i didn't even notice. It wasn't until I put the F150LEDs.com kit in that i even noticed that they were adjusted poorly.

I have a couple recommendations to adjust the headlights so you don't break the adjustment screw. The headlights are not put in from the factory that well they are usually pulled to one side or pointing up or down. My recommendation would be to loosen the 3 headlight bolts. Two from the top and one between the 1/4 panel and the bumper. then push the light around and get it centered left right and a little low.

After you do this the adjustment range will be well within the capabilities of the plastic screw adjustment to fine tune up down.

i would just buy and LED kit and do it all at once should take an hour or 2 max.
Thank you for your advise. We will check it probably tonight to see what can we do with it.

Its a 2020...tell the dealer to fix it.
They don't even acknowledge there is a problem. The service guy left before dark and he said everything is fine with it. (not sure how he checked it? They said they have no wall to park in front of...) There was someone else, not from the service dept with whom I was able to check a brand new, same equipped truck's light and the difference from mine and he said to make a video and show the service guy the next time. I "love" dealerships! :D

OK, pictures from the video, low and high beam. Almost no difference between the two.
I’m gonna agree with ya, something isn’t right!

I have not the quad led lights, just the regular ones (I don't know how do they call it, 2020 lights without paying extra for the quad led lights)
The low beam is super but when I turn to high beam, it has almost no difference. I hope if I attach the video about it, it will be playable.
When I went to the dealership and told them about it, they said there is no any problem with it. I figured they checked it in daytime, they have no wall where they can see it. I had to convince them with parking next to another truck with the same kind of light and showing them the comparison between the two, in the dark when the service was already closed, so I originally made this video to show them how mine looks like. (the service closes before dark)
At this point I don't want to adjust myself. I also got flashed for my low beam just as another forum member who has the quad led lights.
(it says the file is too large, it's only a 4 secs video :( )
Get them adjusted right and throw in some beamtech led bulbs. 40 bucks for 2, night and day

Get them adjusted right and throw in some beamtech led bulbs. 40 bucks for 2, night and day
Have you used those Beamtech bulbs? I looked up their website and it is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors which doesn’t exactly inspire a great deal of confidence.

Have you used those Beamtech bulbs? I looked up their website and it is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors which doesn’t exactly inspire a great deal of confidence.
I’ve used them in a couple side by sides. They’re great!

The instructions seem to be written by Korean Engineers, I agree they suck, but the bulbs are fantastic in my experience.

Last edited:
Ya I get them off amazon, everyone around here runs them in their superdutys

I also have halogen lights (don’t judge, I got an xlt because I’m not really a fan of leather ?) and they are top of the line bullshit. My work car is a 2020 explorer and the headlights on that are waaaaaay brighter than my super duty.
I’ve been looking at the Morimoto lights to replace my halogens. They are a couple hundred bucks but in a truck this expensive, I’m not worried about the cost. I’m not sure about the fans though. I guess they help heat up the housing to combat snow and ice buildup?

I also have halogen lights (don’t judge, I got an xlt because I’m not really a fan of leather ?) and they are top of the line bullshit. My work car is a 2020 explorer and the headlights on that are waaaaaay brighter than my super duty.
I’ve been looking at the Morimoto lights to replace my halogens. They are a couple hundred bucks but in a truck this expensive, I’m not worried about the cost. I’m not sure about the fans though. I guess they help heat up the housing to combat snow and ice buildup?
Beamtechs are a cheap fix if u like them, morimotos are top of the line amazing. Had them in my f150. They were 1500 bucks.

Attachments

• 62735086-5344-40A9-A70A-A132E2A0CF92.jpeg
    62735086-5344-40A9-A70A-A132E2A0CF92.jpeg
    558.2 KB · Views: 13
Beamtechs are a cheap fix if u like them, morimotos are top of the line amazing. Had them in my f150. They were 1500 bucks.
I was looking on the site and they were only a couple hundred bucks for the bulb conversion.

I was looking on the site and they were only a couple hundred bucks for the bulb conversion.
I just ordered my 2021 F-350 Tremor 6.7 XLT here in Minnesota. I too hate leather lol. There are a lot of guys around here that run the F150LEDs and beam tech. I am going with the F150LED kit for the super duty. They are a great replacement for the stock halogens and at $330 its a bargin. If the Quad Beam LEDs were an option on the XLT I would have chosen it!

OK, so problem half solved. My headlights had problem with high beam because the previous guy who owned it for the first 5k miles replaced the halogen bulbs to led bulbs. It took 5 days for the dealership to figure out.
I will now look for the right led bulbs replacement and waiting for a quote from the dealer how much it would cost to replace the halogen headlight entirely to the quad beams. Just came home from the dealership where checked how the light wold be with the original halogen bulbs. No way for me.

The story continues...
The dealership said to replace my halogen headlights to LED isn't recommended. OK, it is very expensive so I thought going to buy real good LED bulbs. Reading a lot of forums and posts, I decided I will go with the Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0.
Replaced the old LED's to the Morimoto's (I also bought the anti-flicker harness.)
Happiness!!! What a great experience! Drove to a dark street and voila, adjusted the headlights and I got everything working perfectly! ..... Until for like 10 minutes.
Now, please, anybody have an idea what is going on, please.... it drives me mad.
The new LED went to work just as the old LED. It had no low beam and high beam anymore, just a very bright light somewhere between the low and high beam position. Switching to high beam is only a small pause in the light flow, nothing is changing.
Pulled over and shut off the engine. Started the engine, the light was working again as it supposed to be: correct low and high beam. After switching to high beam, for every switch it gave lower and lower "image" until it stopped to give any difference and went back to the "middle positioned" full bright light. It is blinding anyone in front of me.

If I start the engine, it is OK for a while.
Just got delivered the OBD-USB Forscan cable, still don't know what will I do with it, need to research if anything can be done with it. I have no good sense to electronics, neither my husband, but we think it can be an electrical / computer issue.
Any thought?
Going to post this to other forum too, I really need to figure this out.

Back