Hi From Vancouver Island!

Lucky Streak

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Super Duty 7.3 Liter Supercab
Hello Everyone!
I was searching the internet last night looking for info/mods for my new 2020 F-350 Super Duty 7.3 and came across this site.

I have been a Chevy guy all my life until 2013 when I purchased a 2013 F-150 Ecoboost for towing. This truck was such a great all round vehicle for me that I became converted! Ford Motor Company also really impressed me when they reimbursed me 4 years later for a recalled high pressure power steering pump!
In our recent retirement, we wanted to stay with a tow vehicle that could tow my boat, plus haul a slide in camper..............................F-350 was my choice. I have had my truck a week now and absolutely love the 7.3 with the 10 speed transmission. My first mod will be replace the factory halogen bulbs to LED.
I look forward to exchanging information with the members of this forum.
Lucky Streak

Hello Everyone!
I was searching the internet last night looking for info/mods for my new 2020 F-350 Super Duty 7.3 and came across this site.

I have been a Chevy guy all my life until 2013 when I purchased a 2013 F-150 Ecoboost for towing. This truck was such a great all round vehicle for me that I became converted! Ford Motor Company also really impressed me when they reimbursed me 4 years later for a recalled high pressure power steering pump!
In our recent retirement, we wanted to stay with a tow vehicle that could tow my boat, plus haul a slide in camper..............................F-350 was my choice. I have had my truck a week now and absolutely love the 7.3 with the 10 speed transmission. My first mod will be replace the factory halogen bulbs to LED.
I look forward to exchanging information with the members of this forum.
Lucky Streak
What bulbs are you going with?

And congrats!!

Congratulations!

"Welcome! Show us some pics of the Truck and Boat! "

Thank-you!

Just for you,

I haven't even had the truck a week so far. For the first time, I hooked it up (for the picture) and towed it about 150 feet......................tow's nice
truck 2 sept 5.jpg
IMG_20200905_171117893.jpg
silver streak sept 5.jpg
truck sept 5.jpg

Last edited:
What bulbs are you going with?

And congrats!!

Thank-you,

Man, that is the million dollar question!

My head is spinning right now after surfing options on the internet. I noticed the price really fluctuates from $10 and up, for replacement LED bulbs, that all look the same to me. I'm looking for some middle of the road lights that will plug and play.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thank-you,

Man, that is the million dollar question!

My head is spinning right now after surfing options on the internet. I noticed the price really fluctuates from $10 and up, for replacement LED bulbs, that all look the same to me. I'm looking for some middle of the road lights that will plug and play.

Any suggestions are appreciated
Try this. I’ll purchase after you. Haha
I apologized for my delayed response. In my '15 F250 I used Putco (5+ years) and in my '18 E350 (1.5 years) I have Heise. Neither bulb have given me an issue of any kind.
It should be noted that if you truck has day time running lights you will need to turn the feature off. LED bulbs will not work with this feature, because daytime running lights sends lower power to the headlight bulbs, which will cause the LED lights to malfunction. If you can not turn them off through your truck settings, then you will need to go to dealer or forscan to turn daytime running lights off. I had to do this to my '18 E350.
DRL just need to be turned off. My E350 could only be turned off by the body module, which my dealer did for free. I have not had any problems with either bulbs, both are plug and play. If my memory serves me correct the Heise bulbs are a little cheaper.

As far as the bulb needed, all you need to do is to get the part number for the bulbs that are in your truck and get the same in an LED. The most time consuming part is actually installing the bulbs. Once you get access to the bulbs, the LED bulbs will then twist into the headlight assemblies just like the OEM bulbs.

I will post a picture of my E350 tonight with the headlights on, so you can see for yourself. Once you get the the LED bulbs you'll never go back.

Welcome! :)

Last edited:
Nice rig, and very cool aluminum hull pilot house you have there as well! What waters are you fishing her in?

Hi Big Jon,
I fish on the west coast of Vancouver Island for salmon From May to September. From September to May I mostly trap prawns/shrimp on the east side of Vancouver Island where I live.
This is my first aluminum boat and I really like it. It was purchased with retirement and declining age in mind. I wanted something that could get me a few miles offshore, easy to launch and retrieve, and not consume my time with maintenance and repairs.
The Silver Streak brand boats are made in Sooke in southern Vancouver Island and come with a great reputation. 100% aluminum construction and outfitted with quality components.
Thanks for the compliment!

Hi Big Jon,
I fish on the west coast of Vancouver Island for salmon From May to September. From September to May I mostly trap prawns/shrimp on the east side of Vancouver Island where I live.
This is my first aluminum boat and I really like it. It was purchased with retirement and declining age in mind. I wanted something that could get me a few miles offshore, easy to launch and retrieve, and not consume my time with maintenance and repairs.
The Silver Streak brand boats are made in Sooke in southern Vancouver Island and come with a great reputation. 100% aluminum construction and outfitted with quality components.
Thanks for the compliment!

I agree , nice boat.

I will say I just read a thread where someone spent 14 hours switching out lights. Probably their first time and they went slow but still. I would just bite the bullet and have someone install whole after market led's.

I am in my 40's so at this point in my life time is more important than money.

I agree , nice boat.

I will say I just read a thread where someone spent 14 hours switching out lights. Probably their first time and they went slow but still. I would just bite the bullet and have someone install whole after market led's.

I am in my 40's so at this point in my life time is more important than money.

Hi ANVIL_01,

My neighbor across the border, thank-you for the compliment!

I changed out the bulbs on my last truck and it wasn't that difficult, the other forum member who "blacked out" the lenses actually split the light housing (which is not suppose to come apart) and that I think was where the extended time came into play. Changing out the bulbs on late model super duty's is a little more complicated than older trucks because the grill is required to be removed, but still manageable for an individual with average mechanical aptitude. I don't know if it is just me, but lately it seems that true quality trades / technicians with the same attention to detail as myself are few and far between. I would rather spend a little bit more time and learn as I go, and have the satisfaction when completing a task, than hire it out and try to chase them down when an issue arises.
I'm fairly new to retirement so time is something I have a little extra of now. I do appreciate the value of time when I was working and raising a family though

Hi ANVIL_01,

My neighbor across the border, thank-you for the compliment!

I changed out the bulbs on my last truck and it wasn't that difficult, the other forum member who "blacked out" the lenses actually split the light housing (which is not suppose to come apart) and that I think was where the extended time came into play. Changing out the bulbs on late model super duty's is a little more complicated than older trucks because the grill is required to be removed, but still manageable for an individual with average mechanical aptitude. I don't know if it is just me, but lately it seems that true quality trades / technicians with the same attention to detail as myself are few and far between. I would rather spend a little bit more time and learn as I go, and have the satisfaction when completing a task, than hire it out and try to chase them down when an issue arises.
I'm fairly new to retirement so time is something I have a little extra of now. I do appreciate the value of time when I was working and raising a family though
Wow !!!!
Well said, I am going on 57 - 38 years in the mold making trade and that’s exactly how I was brought up. My father and the people who help me along the way all had the same values. I love to take on things now that keep me interested and I need to learn. I have been lucky enough to have been able to always been at the cutting edge of the computer aided machining. Taking apart those front lights to smoke them out was brave, I am not that brave lol. Say the lease I went for the sport package because I really do like that look and LED’s -FYI I have had the pleasure to meet and work with some good young men and women that will bring along some true quality workmanship, keep the trades alive
We need them
East coaster ?

Latest Discussions

Back