Hey new potential F350 Lariat Tremor owner

thkbaron

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
No
First Responder
Fire Fighter/Law Enforcement
I may be ordering a new truck here in the next few days. I'll be coming from an 18 Power Wagon. I find myself towing a bit more these days and the six speed on the power wagon just isn't cutting it. I'm sure the bigger tires don't help either. I'm in MN so the aluminum body is a big perk as well. It'll be the Tremor with black package, value package and some other goodies. I'll more than likely sell all the Thuren stuff on my RAM in order to fund some immediate changes to wheels and tires and maybe shocks. I'd keep the stock setup for the winter. Any thoughts or words of encouragement/discouragement are always welcome.

Welcome, NO RAGRETS. o_O
Diesel or OHV? I'm happy with the value package and big block, as I didn't want a tailgate step, and wanted to stay low budget. Sometimes I wonder if I should try a diesel, maybe in next truck in a few years. Can't get the LED headlights unless you go with the ultimate pkg. I don't care for the black pkg, but others like it. So many change the tires and tire size, but I'm fine with the OEM. Try for invoice or lower since you're ordering. Good luck

I may be ordering a new truck here in the next few days. I'll be coming from an 18 Power Wagon. I find myself towing a bit more these days and the six speed on the power wagon just isn't cutting it. I'm sure the bigger tires don't help either. I'm in MN so the aluminum body is a big perk as well. It'll be the Tremor with black package, value package and some other goodies. I'll more than likely sell all the Thuren stuff on my RAM in order to fund some immediate changes to wheels and tires and maybe shocks. I'd keep the stock setup for the winter. Any thoughts or words of encouragement/discouragement are always welcome.
My only 2 regrets was not ordering sooner and not getting the ultimate package over the value package. I would have really liked the passive entry in the ultimate plus could have added adaptive cruse control. Not essential options especially if trying to keep costs down but after experiencing my friends truck with it and getting my wife a car with that stuff I wish I had gone ultimate. Really like the LED lights with the black(sport 2020 lingo) package.

I have had my '21 Lariat with a PSD for 1 week now. I came from a 2017 F-150 with a 3.5 Ecoboost. MPG while towing appears to be up by 50% plus but I will not know for sure until I have more miles and more miles while towing.

The 150 was my first gas burner in nearly 20 years, my truck previous to the 150 was a 2011 F-250 with a PSD. I didn't want all the stuff on this truck, so I ordered a Lariat with just a few adds. I didn't get LED lights, tailgate step or otherwise. I plan on it being the last truck I buy and don't want all the extra stuff that can fail. Besides, most of the stuff that was on the 2017 King Ranch, I never used it anyway.

I was bummed about not ordering the tail gate step until I realized that on the last 2 trucks that had it that it becomes difficult to deploy after 12 to 18 months. That is in NC where salt and other stuff doesn't go on the roads. It becomes a potential finger pincher, so I bought a $30 set of Rubbermaid steps that I throw in the back.

I will likely add LED lights in the future, but I need to catch my breath after paying for the truck and extended warranty first.

So, I know everyone has an opinion but if it were me and I "find myself towing a bit more", I wouldn't hesitate to order the PSD. I know, you will never be able to pay for the $10.5K upcharge in fuel savings but the shear power and ease for towing makes it well worth it. It becomes an absolutely stress free experience, even though my 150 was very capable of towing our little camper I now feel comfortable if my wife had to drive while towing. That is well worth the additional money alone.

Thanks everyone. I’ll attach the build sheet. I ended up getting 1000 over invoice. Almost zero dealers in my area will go off sticker.

Attachments

• 984145BD-8F1B-4B30-B39A-CA2CD2F40537.jpeg
    984145BD-8F1B-4B30-B39A-CA2CD2F40537.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 82
Ordered my 2022 Tremor confirmed on Aug 11, still no build date. This is the hardest part of the deal. Mine is carbonized grey, diesel, ultimate package almost like the order sheet posted above. New to the forum today!

jesus. really? well hell if it's going to take that long. I didn't order the ultimate package for the diesel so maybe that'll help. I did swap the color over to star white

And I swapped it back to Carbonized Gray. I've never had such a hard time deciding on crap in my life. Maybe it's because I'm ordering it. Also there aren't any cool colors for vehicles anymore. The blue isn't bad but for whatever reason my wife was like hell no and I guess I better agree since I get to buy the truck in the first place. haha

I have a 2021 f350 lariat tremor 6.7 SRW
3.55 differential
Black package, lariat ultimate package, moon roof, 5th wheel prep, etc
Love it!…I tow a 13k pound 5th wheel with ease!!
FYI- there is a Supplemental Heater for $250 and an engine block heater for $100
Highly recommend both for MN cold weather!!

So what offset wheel works the best to put it flush? Looks like 18 to 20 with a 12.5 tire is about right. Depending on height of it I may level it. Best way to go there? I have some suspension parts I need to sell off the power wagon so I’ll have a little fun money. Thuren did all my stuff but they don’t do fords.

And I swapped it back to Carbonized Gray. I've never had such a hard time deciding on crap in my life. Maybe it's because I'm ordering it. Also there aren't any cool colors for vehicles anymore. The blue isn't bad but for whatever reason my wife was like hell no and I guess I better agree since I get to buy the truck in the first place. haha
It took me 10 days to decide. I didn't want much chrome but I wanted massaging seats which meant kr or platy. Figured out two tone king ranch would get color matched bumpers and painted mirror caps. So that's what I went with. Antimatter blue/Stone is the color.

I wish I would have gotten the winch, or at least the dual alt option for a winch.

Latest Discussions

Back