Help with 5th Wheel Toy Hauler

CCAZ

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor Platinum 6.7L Magnetic
Newbie here with new 350 Tremor diesel. I’m looking for a 5th wheel toy hauler and want to know if anyone has experience with Cyclone 4006 or 4007. Or a Voltage 4195? I think these are at the top of the weight limits.

Thanks

CC

Just looked at the Cyclone 4006 you mentioned, didn’t check the others. That 4006 is rated at a hitch weight of 3240lbs dry, that means loaded it’ll be a good bit higher. My guess is your diesel has a payload around 3300 lbs? That means you would be a ver your payload even before getting in your truck! Don’t think that’s a good trailer for you to consider.

Yeah you are in DRW territory, post your payload number, should be in door sill.

I've been shopping similar fifth wheels myself, the Cyclone 4005 was one I considered. I haven't bought the truck yet because I of the dilemma of too much trailer for the truck I want. I came to the conclusion that the THs in that weight range are too heavy for the tremor and I would have to go long bed 350 or even a dually. Neither of which I want to do, the tremor is too awesome. I'm at the point now of trying to find a smaller TH. The KZs are a little lighter. The V3815TK is 18k GVWR with 13.5k dry and 2700 on the pin. The V3411TK is 12.4k dry and 2300 pin, 16k GVWR. For me that's as high as I would try to go with the tremor, but even those are a stretch with a cab full of people and a loaded trailer. That's with a 7.3 and payload of around 3800. The pin weight will go down a bit with toys in the garage, but its still awfully heavy for a SB truck with off road tires. Since I will have to order a 2021 at this point, I'm wondering if maybe Ford will bump the GVWR of the truck a bit for the new year...

Thanks, yeah that is what I figured. 3334 is payload. I share the same dilemma as TexanTremor. I will not do DRW nor 8 ft bed. And I was lucky to get my 350 Tremor when I did.

KZ?

Nice! Thanks. My reasons for 5th wheel toy is sleep capacity, 2 bath, and water capacity. This may fit the bill.

Nice! Thanks. My reasons for 5th wheel toy is sleep capacity, 2 bath, and water capacity. This may fit the bill.
Even the lightest pin weight on the V3411TK around 2300 lbs will put you pretty close to max if you have more than a couple adults in the truck and a moderate amount of weight in the trailer. You mentioned water capacity. If you are filling the fresh tank for boondocking, its 112 gal at 8.34 lbs/gal for 934 lbs alone. If that tank is forward of the axles it would be a lot on the pin. Not sure of its location on the trailer, though.

So are you going to haul toys at all or just looking for the extra bedroom? If just for sleeping why not consider a bunkhouse?

It is an option.

So I read recently that ford changed how it did its payload. It used to be payload was in the bed, hitch weight, and people/stuff in the cab.

However now payload is just in the bed, and hitch weight.

I want to say someone on here showed us that. But who knows where I saw it.

So I read recently that ford changed how it did its payload. It used to be payload was in the bed, hitch weight, and people/stuff in the cab.

However now payload is just in the bed, and hitch weight.

I want to say someone on here showed us that. But who knows where I saw it.

From the eSource book:

Maximum Payload Weight Rating This is the advertised payload rating. It is the maximum allowable payload for the truck, including driver, passengers, optional and aftermarket equipment, and cargo. The weight of the engine and its standard transmission is already factored into the Maximum Payload Weight Rating. If the engine is also available with an optional transmission, that engine/transmission weight can be found in the Actual Regular Production Option Content Weight charts.

Also of note:

Some confusion about whether or not a full tank of fuel is included in the base curb weight.. It is according to this.

Base Curb Weight The weight of the vehicle including standard equipment, oil, lubricants and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of driver, passengers, cargo or any optional or aftermarket equipment Base curb weights for each engine/standard equipment transmission combination are listed in the Weight Ratings pages of each vehicle section (see Maximum Payload Weight Ratings for reference) Actual Regular Production Option Content Weights can be found in the charts under Actual Regular Production Option Content Weights

Last edited:
OK. disregard then. lol. But i swear i remember reading something about it. which.

Latest Discussions

Back