Help tow a 5th wheel

Runner799

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
New to F250 and 5th wheel towing...
Anyone with a 7.3 pulling a 10890 lb on 5th wheel, 1910 tongue weight? Need some help. I went to test our new camper and with hitch in bed the truck only squatted about a half inch. The camper is still about 8 in low in the back. The dealer thru a hitch in it box into the bed to see how much it squatted.

wondering if you guys have any rail clearance issues truck is 2 week old and we sign the papers for the camper next week so need to know if I will have an issue. What are you towing as far as weights ?

also need some advice on tow capabilities
Truck has 430 gearing and 10k package, 160 WB, crew cab. The max cargo is 2860 and if I figured correctly with a hitch weight of 1910 lbs, 250 lbs for hitch in bed that leaves like 710 lbs ?!?! Is that gonna be ok or am I cutting it to close ????

This is giving me such a headache any and all information would be greatly appreciated !!!

New to F250 and 5th wheel towing...
Anyone with a 7.3 pulling a 10890 lb on 5th wheel, 1910 tongue weight? Need some help. I went to test our new camper and with hitch in bed the truck only squatted about a half inch. The camper is still about 8 in low in the back. The dealer thru a hitch in it box into the bed to see how much it squatted.

wondering if you guys have any rail clearance issues truck is 2 week old and we sign the papers for the camper next week so need to know if I will have an issue. What are you towing as far as weights ?

also need some advice on tow capabilities
Truck has 430 gearing and 10k package, 160 WB, crew cab. The max cargo is 2860 and if I figured correctly with a hitch weight of 1910 lbs, 250 lbs for hitch in bed that leaves like 710 lbs ?!?! Is that gonna be ok or am I cutting it to close ????

This is giving me such a headache any and all information would be greatly appreciated !!!
If it was my truck my cargo capacity is 2730.......me the wife and the dog weigh 500 lbs maybe even 550 so pretty much maxed out. You are legal but dont be wrong about your pin weight or any additional stuff. The truck is capable of way more....just not certified for more. I know guys on here tow with bigger 5th wheels than that. I am shopping for one right now and I have weighed my 6.7 250 (8600) With wifey and Dog. I have calculated that the biggest I could do is 10K and change (just like yours). So I think your OK but your close enough to want to check all the other things like axel weights and the like

Last edited:
Also if you tell me your email I have a excel spreadsheet that calculates everything for you. I was trying to find it on YouTube but I cant find the link

Also if you tell me your email I have a excel spreadsheet that calculates everything for you. I was trying to find it on YouTube but I cant find the link
Can you send that spread sheet over thanks?

Back