Help please. First time ordering a truck for purchase.

N0R3grets

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
LTZ 6.2 chevy silverado
I have started to look at the new 2020 f250 with the tremor package. I have always bought the vehicle I need off of the lot or privately but I am now looking at buying hopefully a last truck that I plan to drive into retirement. I have a 10000 lb pull behind camper and don’t feel comfortable with how hard it makes my chev half ton work so I have narrowed my choice to 3/4 ton gas.

I live in Canada and gas super duty aren’t really that common up here so my dealer suggested a custom order to help match my budget.

I’m looking at f250 XLTwith the tremor
Package.

Specific questions:

1. I really want the 10 speed. Has anyone tried to custom order 10 speed with 6.2? I’m thinking that I’d be ok with 7.3 gas but I am nervous about new motors. I was a survivor of the 6.0 shit debacle 20 years ago with an f350 duallly from 2006.

2. I was told that the xlt premium package gives dual power heated cloth seats. But if I pick that package on Canadians build tool online it drops the tremor package. (Dealers can hopefully get the seats separated out of the bundle cause I’m trying to minimize chrome accessories. ) I also specifically want bench seat option as occasional grandkids trips need an extra seat belt.

3. What is your opinion on the camera package? Worth it?

4. What about the fender liners? Can I order the parts and install them later on? I’m not an off-road but but Canadian winter comes with snow slush and sand. Often on a single day. Lol.

5. My wife loves the silver spruce colour. Any news on when it will be available.?And did anyone else notice that it forces interior to tan when u pick it. I prefer grey and assume it’s a glitch on web config software.

Thanks for the help. I’m in no rush to order until I get it exactly the way I want.

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Rapor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
Welcome to the forum!

I've towed with many half tons before moving up to a RAM 2500 Diesel. Let me tell you the difference is amazing. Although the half-tons could tow my trailers, the 2500 handled everything so much better.

1. The Tremor package is not offered with the 6.2. If you want gas, then a 7.3l gas and the 10 speed is your only option. I have yet to see any negative reviews on the 7.3l except for maybe the gas mileage (not bad, just not as good as people were hoping)

2. Not sure about this.

3. I have the surround cameras in my Raptor and I absolutely love it. It makes parking a piece of cake and it's nice when I roll into the garage to have the front camera to make sure I"m not running over any of the kids bikes/toys. Then there is the off-road use for the cameras which is handy.

4. Not sure about the fender liners

5. The silver spruce color is nice and not that common in our area. I think it's going to be available in a few months.

Hope some of that helps!

1. I really want the 10 speed. Has anyone tried to custom order 10 speed with 6.2? I’m thinking that I’d be ok with 7.3 gas but I am nervous about new motors. I was a survivor of the 6.0 shit debacle 20 years ago with an f350 duallly from 2006.

2. I was told that the xlt premium package gives dual power heated cloth seats. But if I pick that package on Canadians build tool online it drops the tremor package. (Dealers can hopefully get the seats separated out of the bundle cause I’m trying to minimize chrome accessories. ) I also specifically want bench seat option as occasional grandkids trips need an extra seat belt.

4. What about the fender liners? Can I order the parts and install them later on? I’m not an off-road but but Canadian winter comes with snow slush and sand. Often on a single day. Lol.

5. My wife loves the silver spruce colour. Any news on when it will be available.?And did anyone else notice that it forces interior to tan when u pick it. I prefer grey and assume it’s a glitch on web config software.

Thanks for the help. I’m in no rush to order until I get it exactly the way I want.

Rich Pune

Founding Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Lariat Tremor
As to Silver Spruce, I went back and forth on that color. It is not that common, which is appealing to me. I ultimately chose Blue Jeans when I ordered mine on 12/24/19 because depending on the lighting Silver Spruce looked awesome or boring.

I think @modified is correct that Silver Spruce will be available in a few months. But you can still order it now. My local dealer submitted an order with Silver Spruce, before I changed to Blue Jeans, and the system didn’t give him a “late availability” warning, which signaled to him it was now available. My guess is that the ordering lead time right now is about the same as Silver Spruce’s availability. My order hits the assembly line 02/03/20.

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
Silver spruce is a great color in person. My only hang up is that they won't let you add the sport appearance (blacked out) package with that color.

Ryan

Rich Pune

Founding Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Lariat Tremor
Silver spruce is a great color in person. My only hang up is that they won't let you add the sport appearance (blacked out) package with that color.

Ryan
The truck builder lets you pick Silver Spruce with the Lariat Sport package. Maybe you’re thinking of Stone Gray, which is not available on the Sport package?

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
Maybe you’re right. Yup you’re right. Thanks for the correction.

ShiverMeTimbers

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 Tremor Lariat, Magnetic w/chrooome
Current Ride #2
Duckworth XL 30
I almost went with Silver Spruce, but I think you need to see it in person. Its a love or hate sort of color. I like it if everything else is blacked out, I don't like it with chrome. Just my opinion. Go on Ford's builder website and see what it looks like with the Lariat Sport package. Pretty sweet.

Went back & forth on colors, finally decided on magnetic because it also hides dirt pretty well and similar to my current truck (Lithium Grey). Silver spruce was a close second. So was Star White.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Miltary
Marines
Current Ride
15 Outback, 85 K30 CUCV
I have started to look at the new 2020 f250 with the tremor package. I have always bought the vehicle I need off of the lot or privately but I am now looking at buying hopefully a last truck that I plan to drive into retirement. I have a 10000 lb pull behind camper and don’t feel comfortable with how hard it makes my chev half ton work so I have narrowed my choice to 3/4 ton gas.

I live in Canada and gas super duty aren’t really that common up here so my dealer suggested a custom order to help match my budget.

I’m looking at f250 XLTwith the tremor
Package.

Specific questions:

1A... The F350 w/ a 6.2L uses the 10 speed, interesting combo for sure. But again, no Tremor option with the 6.2L.

1B.....My gut feeling is, a push rod V8 gas motor is a FAR SIMPLER design than a modern diesel. Matter of fact, the press was seemingly shocked that Ford went Old School on this motor, since the rest of their line up uses the OHC design. I don't think I'd worry too much....but I'm nobody important.

I wonder if the heated seats have to also use the center console option.... or it is a error. I've seen heated rear seats in Lariats with only the Lariat value package, whereas the online builder requires the Ultimate package.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge