Help me understand why you wouldn't want to mod your tremor at all and make it your own instead of the same truck your neighbor has?

Warranty. That is totally it for me. I could have bought any F350 and built this, or better. I would have lost warranty coverage for what I would have done.

It's not the baddest thing you can build by any stretch of the imagination, but for me, right now, I can take it to any dealer if something fails. With that support, it is very close to good enough for my purposes. I have side by sides and Jeeps for true trail use.

Frankly, Ford has hit both sides of the target and missed the bullseye in my opinion. They need a solid axle, high articulation, reinforced F150. The Raptor is a great "desert racer" wanna be, but lacks the beef for rocks, heavy towing, and slow, tight stuff. I have watched Raptors self destruct in the hard stuff. The Tremor has the beef we want, but is not nimble enough. It is no more capable than the Raptor for different reasons. At the same time, the Tremor is very balanced, in that it can tow, and play to a degree. There is just something better in the middle that is missing in my opinion. Maybe an F200 Trem-tor. :rolleyes:

When the warranty is out, will I un-Tremor and make better, very possibly, but I have a lot of miles to shake out any bugs with Ford being on the hook to fix problems.

Someday maybes, if this truck proves drivetrain and electrical reliable, include RCV Front Shafts, Front Detroit, on board welder, better wheels, better tires, Carli Pintop if I don't build front and rear long arm link suspensions, who knows what else..... I wish there was an aftermarket T-case that could double the low range and handle the torque. and get twin sticks with a cutting brake. This giant needs to be able to do front digs to get around tight corners.

In the meantime, this is a very capable, very large multipurpose rig. Ford did a very good job of putting out something awesome into the every day person's hands. I think they are nailing it with the Tremor and Raptor. Neither is perfect, but both are the best in their segment through 2020. (I know Ram has that new half ton Raptor competitor on the way - so things might change)

Ed

LOL

In direct contrast to another thread, i would like to hear from the guys who think Ford got it perfect with the tremor and don't plan on touching a thing. You three guys can start talking whenever you want!

:p
Title is funny because around 4 of my neighbors have F250s/F350s...the only difference is that mine is newest and is a Tremor.

I am not planning to keep mine stock. I have owned F250s in the past and they are not very forgiving or comfortable, except when towing. The minor shock upgrade for the Tremor package is not going to make that big of a difference when driving empty around town.

My Gen 2 Raptor is one of the most comfortable driving trucks I have ever owned, but it cannot tow anything more than a medium sized utility trailer or boat. I have Toyo Rt 37x17s, Deaver +3s leafs and a full RPG stage 3 rear suspension with hydraulic Air Bumps to help with towing, but it is still not enough for the heavy loads.

I agree that each of the two Ford options are a compromise based on off-road performance or towing capabilities. However, to improve the daily ride of the Tremor, I plan to add the Carli 3.5 Pintop suspension with Add-a-pack leafs, 0' offset 17x8.5 Method wheels and Toyo RT 37x13.5x17 tires as soon as I buy mine. The remote reservoir King shocks, Deaver Leaf pack and 37x17 tires will greatly improve the driveability of the Tremor on and off road. Unlike my Raptor, I will wait to make performance mods until I see how the 6.7 performs when towing my TT. If it does well, I may keep the motor stock to avoid costly engine repairs prior to the warranty expiring.

I am not planning to keep mine stock. I have owned F250s in the past and they are not very forgiving or comfortable, except when towing. The minor shock upgrade for the Tremor package is not going to make that big of a difference when driving empty around town.

My Gen 2 Raptor is one of the most comfortable driving trucks I have ever owned, but it cannot tow anything more than a medium sized utility trailer or boat. I have Toyo Rt 37x17s, Deaver +3s leafs and a full RPG stage 3 rear suspension with hydraulic Air Bumps to help with towing, but it is still not enough for the heavy loads.

I agree that each of the two Ford options are a compromise based on off-road performance or towing capabilities. However, to improve the daily ride of the Tremor, I plan to add the Carli 3.5 Pintop suspension with Add-a-pack leafs, 0' offset 17x8.5 Method wheels and Toyo RT 37x13.5x17 tires as soon as I buy mine. The remote reservoir King shocks, Deaver Leaf pack and 37x17 tires will greatly improve the driveability of the Tremor on and off road. Unlike my Raptor, I will wait to make performance mods until I see how the 6.7 performs when towing my TT. If it does well, I may keep the motor stock to avoid costly engine repairs prior to the warranty expiring.

Please post pics, sounds bad ass!

Line-x +rubber bed mat
backflip mx4
Tint match front windows
Maxpider floor mats

Im pretty much done...
(might add the banks pedal controller)

#1 Not a fan of brodozers
#2 it fits in the carwash
#3 My long gravel drive doesn’t throw rocks and shit all up the side of my truck immediately after leaving said car wash.

Honestly after having several lifted trucks in my younger days, i’ve grown to appreciate factory part quality.
examples from my past... went through 7 weld wheels in 2 years for peeling chrome. Deaver soft ride springs that look like they sat at the bottom of the ocean after 1 winter. Drop brackets that have powder coat flaking off.

I’ll be 40 next year and don’t need the frustration... that’s what my kids are for!

..................... (might add the banks pedal controller) ..................
? this.
I recommended Banks Pedal Monster as a potential "group buy" because they're made for 6.7L Power Stroke and
the 7.3L Godzilla.
IF Banks would consent to a group buy, it would be awesome to save some money and in return, Banks would receive a lot of good, honest reviews. I'll eagerly wait a while to hear, as this idea hasn't even made it around the block, yet; but since the "regular price" is currently less than $300, I can say with certainty that I will not be waiting toooo long ;)

Last edited:
I figured there were more than 3 of us that could care less what truck our neigbor has?

In contrast to New Jersey, living in the west where we may be 50 or 100 miles from an semblance of civilization, possibly in 100 deg heat or 30 below temps makes more apt to put our and our families safety or even lives in the hands of rooms full of Ford Engineers and highly trained factory floor Auto workers instead of some random designer and fabricator.

The minor shock upgrade for the Tremor package is not going to make that big of a difference when driving empty around town.

My Gen 2 Raptor is one of the most comfortable driving trucks I have ever owned, but it cannot tow anything more than a medium sized utility trailer or boat.
I respectfully disagree, got 7 K on mine and love the Ride, Truck is a pure pleasure to drive empty or loaded.

And I agree with you on the Raptor, My Gen one is very comfortable. But they are very different.

I respectfully disagree, got 7 K on mine and love the Ride, Truck is a pure pleasure to drive empty or loaded.

And I agree with you on the Raptor, My Gen one is very comfortable. But they are very different.

My Gen 1 SCAB rode pretty good, as well. However, the Gen 2s beat the Gen 1s in every category, except the exhaust note. Once I changed out my Gen 2 suspension and tires, the ride was greatly improved over the factory setup. :cool:

Have you owned an F250 previously? If so, can you compare the Tremor ride to a previous year model?

Also, have you ever driven in a new F250 with the Carli Pintop suspension? The videos I have watched show a clear comfort advantage from the King shocks, Deaver leafs and 37s over the stock configuration. There are several direct comparison videos posted on this forum. They have convinced me it will be money well spent.

Once you realize that you can get a boat for the same price that you've spent moding out your $60K truck it changes your perspective.
I bought my Tremor so I didnt have to mod it. It's not a wheeling machine but it will handle overlanding and pulling my boats and Jeeps with ease.

Having said that, I might put an exhaust mod on because the 7.3L sounds weaker than my wifes 3.5L. Other than that no mods are needed.
This is a fun toy to pull my toys.

It’s more so a question of why spend the money on the tremor package if you will end up removing most of said package anyways. I used to enjoy doing a lift and tires, along with a few other options but in my area the aftermarket sellers are limited and so is knowledge. So it’s piece of mind to have it all done at the factory with a warranty attached. Down the road I might consider some upgrades or mods but right now I am perfectly happy with the truck. To each their own though, it’s your truck, time, and money you should do as you wish.

Latest Discussions

Back