HELP!! Lariat Heated Steering Wheel option

stp07030

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 f350 Lariat Tremor
Hi all, It looks like the heated steering wheel is optional on the lariat with order code 60W (page 19 of order guide). It was part of the windshield deicer option in 2020 which has been discontinued. My dealer is saying he cant find it anywhere in the order system and I would need to change to a KR, Platinum or Limited. Has anyone been able to order a 2021 with the heated steering wheel? If so, could you share a pic of your order or the option code? Many thanks!

Attachments

• heated steering wheel.jpg
    heated steering wheel.jpg
    1,016.5 KB · Views: 8,270
  • 2021 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 219
Lol go to another dealer, seems suspect they can’t figure out the options.

I mean I've read through most of that order guide for 2021 and searched "with heat" looking at it appears to only be available with King Ranch and up trims now...

It's part of the rain sensing wipers option.

I thought too the heated steering wheel was part of the Ultimate Package for '21! I sent my sales guy a email to add 60W to my order.
This forum is awesome. Thank you!!!

The rain sensing option is a 'nice to have' if your windsheild is clean and your wipers are in good-great shape, if not you'll be spraying the squirter anyhow once they come on with minimal rain on the windshield and streaks of bug guts and dirt blocking your vision. I've rented enough cars with this feature to know the pros/cons, but if my XLT had it I wouldn't complain, but wouldn't upgrade to a Lariat to get it. Never have I seen a need for a heated steering wheel (I have gloves), I want the whole damn car/truck to be warm, so to me remote start is king here. It does seem like a surprisingly cheap option once you are up to the Lariat trim level... so go ahead and ROCK ON with it at that price!

The rain sensing option is a 'nice to have' if your windsheild is clean and your wipers are in good-great shape, if not you'll be spraying the squirter anyhow once they come on with minimal rain on the windshield and streaks of bug guts and dirt blocking your vision. I've rented enough cars with this feature to know the pros/cons, but if my XLT had it I wouldn't complain, but wouldn't upgrade to a Lariat to get it. Never have I seen a need for a heated steering wheel (I have gloves), I want the whole damn car/truck to be warm, so to me remote start is king here. It does seem like a surprisingly cheap option once you are up to the Lariat trim level... so go ahead and ROCK ON with it at that price!
My sales guy said he will add it with no additional charge (dealer will take the cost), said Ford should have included that with Ultimate Package. I thought that was nice. Hmmm what else can I get for no cost :)

I'll bet someone is in Texas wishing they had a heated steering wheel the last few days.....:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
YEP! I ordered the Auxiliary heater for diesels, the heated steering wheel and heated rear seats. My wife thought I was crazy, but she loved it when we had to take the Tremor out for a couple of emergency runs over the last few days to rescue family members. The Duratracs did fantastic in the ice and snow, so I am considering storing them in my garage for the next snow emergency. (rather than sell them, like I was planning)

My sales guy said he will add it with no additional charge (dealer will take the cost), said Ford should have included that with Ultimate Package. I thought that was nice. Hmmm what else can I get for no cost :)
So your dealer is going to add the heated steering wheel to your truck once they get it? Or are they adding it to the order?

So your dealer is going to add the heated steering wheel to your truck once they get it? Or are they adding it to the order?

My dealer did the same thing for my order, but he added it BEFORE I got my VIN, so it was included from the factory at no charge to me.

There are no physical "steering wheel heat" buttons, so it is possible they could just swap the wheel and add the programming to your dash display. Or maybe, they all have the heating element, but it is not activated unless you pay for it... :unsure:

My dealer did the same thing for my order, but he added it BEFORE I got my VIN, so it was included from the factory at no charge to me.

There are no physical "steering wheel heat" buttons, so it is possible they could just swap the wheel and add the programming to your dash display. Or maybe, they all have the heating element, but it is not activated unless you pay for it... :unsure:
Does the heated steering wheel function "kick on", if the ambient temperature is below a certain number? If there's no actual heated steering wheel button(s) Still waiting for mine to arrive, to find out.

Latest Discussions

Back