NOXCUSE

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Ford F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
1971 Datsun 240Z
Hey everyone,
I took delivery of my F250 Lariat Tremor today, and got into the advanced settings in the gauge cluster (steering wheel menu) and see the Autofold mirror option under Mirrors but can not check the box to enable this feature. Any idea how I can enable this feature???

jrhaze

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
I have had mine for 1 week and this is driving me crazy as well! I’ve tried everything, eventually even including FORSCAN changes to enable Lincoln style folding mirrors, but it would seem that box would still need to be checked because i get no folding. I’ve asked the dealer to address it when it’s in next week for the winch install. Hopefully they can figure it out…

ccw

Carpet Delete Missionary
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-350 Tremor 7.3L
Current Ride #2
1980 Mazda RX-7
While I don't have an answer, and haven't experienced this myself, trying to gather some more info in case it helps me or other folks have actual suggestions.

When you try to check that box does it check and then immediately uncheck? Or does nothing happen at all when you try to check it? (By "try to check it" I mean pressing the "OK" button on the steering wheel when the checkbox has focus.)

legmar

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Black 2022 F-350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
Current Ride #2
1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE
Any chance someone could share a video of the behavior for us all to analyze?

Reactions: ccw
OP
OP
NOXCUSE

NOXCUSE

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Ford F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
1971 Datsun 240Z
I woke up tried it again now it works. So weird, my guess is the trucks computer reset or something over night. Weird.

Modman

Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22MY F250 Star White Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2DR A51 Black Diamond Bronco
Good! My thought was to pull the battery cable and reconnect to force a reset of the module.

Reactions: ccw

c-ne-elk

Founding Member
Reaction Points
New to North Texas from the Mtns out west
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
Former Ride 2012 Raptor
When you make the change to Lincoln Style mirrors in Forscan, make sure you activate both the left and the right side mirrors. They are separate codes and if you only do one of them, it will not work.

Modman

Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Good! My thought was to pull the battery cable and reconnect to force a reset of the module.
I will also add, being a new truck it may take several key cycles for everything to activate properly. If you make a Forscan change, for instance, it does not always register on the first restart. Since your truck is new it wouldn't surprise me if the same phenomenon occurred on that particular module.

@jrhaze another thing to try is to say "no" when Forscan asks to load an existing profile. This will force a module rescan.

_Slayer

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 F-150 Lariat FX4, 6.5' Bed
Mine did the same thing. After driving if for a day it mysteriously became selectable. Glad to hear it worked for you.

jrhaze

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
I will also add, being a new truck it may take several key cycles for everything to activate properly. If you make a Forscan change, for instance, it does not always register on the first restart. Since your truck is new it wouldn't surprise me if the same phenomenon occurred on that particular module.

@jrhaze another thing to try is to say "no" when Forscan asks to load an existing profile. This will force a module rescan.
I will try that’s- didn’t know. Thank you! Mine is still not working but encouraging to hear that it magically started working for others I’ll keep trying until my dealer appointment.

Another note, do I need to “undo” forscan changes prior to a dealer visit?

jrhaze

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
When you make the change to Lincoln Style mirrors in Forscan, make sure you activate both the left and the right side mirrors. They are separate codes and if you only do one of them, it will not work.
I made the change in 2 different modules (pdm and bdm if I remember correctly?) but I don’t think I need left and right.

jrhaze

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
While I don't have an answer, and haven't experienced this myself, trying to gather some more info in case it helps me or other folks have actual suggestions.

When you try to check that box does it check and then immediately uncheck? Or does nothing happen at all when you try to check it? (By "try to check it" I mean pressing the "OK" button on the steering wheel when the checkbox has focus.)
The box just won’t check. No check ever shows up, pressing “ok” just does…nothing.

Modman

Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
@jrhaze...Another note, do I need to “undo” forscan changes prior to a dealer visit?

No need to undo Forscan changes for dealer visit.
Agree. I would, however, either backup the changes you made or make note of them. If the dealer resets any module as part of their troubleshooting you will go back to the factory settings.

jrhaze

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Agree. I would, however, either backup the changes you made or make note of them. If the dealer resets any module as part of their troubleshooting you will go back to the factory settings.
Thank you both, I’ll do that.

dmitt29

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Prior Navy
Current Ride
2022 Lariat Tremor 6.7
Mine doesn't work either. Just tried.

Munky_F250

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
USMC Ret
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
Forgive my lack of knowing something. Is this only on 22's or can the 21's do this?

dmitt29

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Prior Navy
Current Ride
2022 Lariat Tremor 6.7
Forgive my lack of knowing something. Is this only on 22's or can the 21's do this?
Real easy to check. Tab all the way over to the gear icon/settings and scroll down to vehicle, under vehicle select mirrors. It'll have one option listed: Auto fold mirrors, with a check box.

BTW: tried every thing I could think of to troubleshoot this minus disconnecting the batteries, and still doesn't work.

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge