Hellwig 7845

TomcatF14

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
USN
Current Ride
2011 F150 Lariat
I’ve seen several posts on the Hellwig 7320 but not many on the 7845. Found last one at Summit. For what it’s worth I called Hellwig and asked their recommendation on which sway bar. They said 7845 but I think it depends who you ask. Install was straightforward.
F2673DB6-FD76-4C0B-8732-64B8E9238D27.jpeg
Even had the dreaded wrong size bolt. One trip to the hardware store for a 2 1/2” 7/16x14x20 grade 8 bolt.
46B66C10-9268-4AF7-8AC6-0398A0F56A67.jpeg

Think the only difference between 7320 and 7845 is bar diameter and down links are definitely longer. No problem getting it level. Thanks to those who provided pro tips. Took about an hour.
95EFFEE7-0AF8-4B29-96F0-9C78B121E9FC.jpeg

I’ve seen several posts on the Hellwig 7320 but not many on the 7845. Found last one at Summit. For what it’s worth I called Hellwig and asked their recommendation on which sway bar. They said 7845 but I think it depends who you ask. Install was straightforward.
View attachment 24220Even had the dreaded wrong size bolt. One trip to the hardware store for a 2 1/2” 7/16x14x20 grade 8 bolt.
View attachment 24221
Think the only difference between 7320 and 7845 is bar diameter and down links are definitely longer. No problem getting it level. Thanks to those who provided pro tips. Took about an hour.
View attachment 24222
If you Move the link to the other side of the bar it hangs straight.

Yeah there seems to be a lot of confusion which do use with the geometry of the tremor. The 7845 is supposed to be used for up to a 2 inch lift. 7320 is the regular one with a thicker diameter bar and a 7761 it’s just like the 7320 but with a thinner diameter bar

Yeah there seems to be a lot of confusion which do use with the geometry of the tremor. The 7845 is supposed to be used for up to a 2 inch lift. 7320 is the regular one with a thicker diameter bar and a 7761 it’s just like the 7320 but with a thinner diameter bar
The tremors are the same height in the rear as the pre 20s were. In 2020 they lowered the back of the super duty by 2 inches The tremors maintained the previous height though

The tremors are the same height in the rear as the pre 20s were. In 2020 they lowered the back of the super duty by 2 inches The tremors maintained the previous height though
I know. That’s where the confusion is with hellwig right now.

This was my 7845 kit

went on pretty easy. Order was last fall it showed up in March. Sat in the garage for about an hour before I installed it. So far so good it does hang down a bit low on the front side so If I plan any hard core off road adventure I will just remove it ( keeping the brackets on the frame).
IMG_6883.jpeg

This was my 7845 kit

went on pretty easy. Order was last fall it showed up in March. Sat in the garage for about an hour before I installed it. So far so good it does hang down a bit low on the front side so If I plan any hard core off road adventure I will just remove it ( keeping the brackets on the frame).
View attachment 26178
I got the same kit. But my bushings are way different. At least they are sending me the correct ones 2 day air. Hopefully I can get them on Saturday.

I got the same kit. But my bushings are way different. At least they are sending me the correct ones 2 day air. Hopefully I can get them on Saturday.
Sounds like you have a little project for Sat. I used a ton of that white grease but its some sticky messy stuff.

Did you grease the bushings around the bar as well or just the eyelets?
I got it every where, I did not want any squeaks, probably over kill. The two tubes are plenty and its really messy stuff. I would recommend latex gloves.
I did not use gloves and was a pain to clean up.
Dry fit the bar first ( takes an extra few minutes) then lube everything up once you figure out how you will place it. If you have a helper it will be much easier.
The project probably won't take you more than an hour if you take your time.
The bar does make a huge difference when you are cornering even empty. I like it. The downside is the front of the bars are kinda low. So for any aggressive off road trips you may want to remove it temporarily.

I got it every where, I did not want any squeaks, probably over kill. The two tubes are plenty and its really messy stuff. I would recommend latex gloves.
I did not use gloves and was a pain to clean up.
Dry fit the bar first ( takes an extra few minutes) then lube everything up once you figure out how you will place it. If you have a helper it will be much easier.
The project probably won't take you more than an hour if you take your time.
The bar does make a huge difference when you are cornering even empty. I like it. The downside is the front of the bars are kinda low. So for any aggressive off road trips you may want to remove it temporarily.
You were right that shit is sticky. Instructions don’t help much either. How the hell did Hellwig get that link straight with it on the outside of the bar In the instructions? There’s no way in hell. It’s set on the inside for me.

Latest Discussions

Back