Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
"Quiet Professional" (ret)
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7L Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 JL Rubicon
Howdy - been lurking for awhile until I had something to share. Long story short - we ordered an F350 Lariat Tremor on 20 Feb and it was scheduled to be built the week the Truck Plant was shut down. Thinking we would likely not get it until Fall, we resigned ourselves to the fact that our new Northern Lite 8-11EX camper would have to ride on our old, and greatly over loaded Ram 2500..... Happened to check the inventory of the dealer just the other day... guess what... they had a very similarly optioned (not all the goodies, but close enough) one on the lot. Bought it the next day. Then ordered all the Torklift tie downs and loaded her up..... Ordered some rear Sumo Springs and Torklift Lower Stable Loads to combat the sag.
IMG_1973.jpg

Howdy - been lurking for awhile until I had something to share. Long story short - we ordered an F350 Lariat Tremor on 20 Feb and it was scheduled to be built the week the Truck Plant was shut down. Thinking we would likely not get it until Fall, we resigned ourselves to the fact that our new Northern Lite 8-11EX camper would have to ride on our old, and greatly over loaded Ram 2500..... Happened to check the inventory of the dealer just the other day... guess what... they had a very similarly optioned (not all the goodies, but close enough) one on the lot. Bought it the next day. Then ordered all the Torklift tie downs and loaded her up..... Ordered some rear Sumo Springs and Torklift Lower Stable Loads to combat the sag.
View attachment 1701

Great looking truck.... curious if you bought it from Prince Frederick Ford?

Welcome to the forum @JDBoss - That's an awesome setup you have!

Yes, I ordered it and then found the same truck, with a few more options that was available. I've bought company trucks from them, really good people there.
Small world - glad you got one for both of us! Lol. The one we ordered included the 5th wheel prep, trailer tow / camera package and adaptive cruise. We figured we could live without those. Thanks for setting us up for success!!! I owe you a beverage!! Whoever finally gets the truck I ordered will get a nicely optioned one. Just checked on that VIN... Still “scheduled to day”.... which day, I’m not certain. Lol

I ended up with one probably spec'd out closer to what you ordered. I thought that due to the COVID-19 and Ford shutting down that the truck could have been stopped or would be in limbo. Your truck just made it out close to the shutdown. My next door neighbor is a Ford dealer and he found mine out of state.

Nice! Does it have a moon roof? Because of the uncertainty of plant closings we started looking around for an alternate. Almost pulled the trigger on one, out of state, but it had a moon roof that we didn't think would be a good idea with the camper. It'd be funny if that was the one you opted for. Can't be too many of them around at this point.

Very thankful it all worked out the way it did! Thanks man! JD

Nice! Does it have a moon roof? Because of the uncertainty of plant closings we started looking around for an alternate. Almost pulled the trigger on one, out of state, but it had a moon roof that we didn't think would be a good idea with the camper. It'd be funny if that was the one you opted for. Can't be too many of them around at this point.

Very thankful it all worked out the way it did! Thanks man! JD

Yes, has the roof, I can take or leave the roof. The one I bought was from Elkin's Ford (WV).

Cool. Not sure where the one we considered was actually located. Ford guy said out of state. 1FT8W3BT8LEC17605

Cool. Not sure where the one we considered was actually located. Ford guy said out of state. 1FT8W3BT8LEC17605

That's not the Vin. that I have. There was an F-250 spec'd the same way in Pa, but I wanted a F-350 and the dealer Pa dealer wasn't coming off of MSRP.

Got it. PFF had an F250 Tremor on the lot the day we ordered ours (20 Feb) , but I couldn't make the payload numbers work for the camper... They tried to get us to drive it away....

How many miles do you have on yours? Ours is thus far a hangar queen with ~300 miles - not what we had intended for sure!

PPF - was same for me, we were there buying a couple of work trucks and one of our employees sent me a picture of the black 250 that they had. Wouldn't work for me either. I bought the this truck to replace a 250 & 450 that I have, mostly just to pull some race trailers that I have. With everything closed I don't drive it that much. I think that I have 1100 miles on it. Here's the 250 that they had:
t.jpg

We drove that F250 which convinced us to go to the dark side from having four Rams in a row. We still have a ‘19 Ram Rebel. Which is quite nice as a daily driver.
curious... what’s in your race trailers?

We drove that F250 which convinced us to go to the dark side from having four Rams in a row. We still have a ‘19 Ram Rebel. Which is quite nice as a daily driver.
curious... what’s in your race trailers?

I have a small collection, but mostly haul stuff to tracks. I have a 14' Factory Cobra Jet drag car, a 17' GT350 that set up for drag racing, a 16' Hellcat that we just back halfed and waiting for the new motor for drag racing, just sold a Demon, a GT3 for road racing, picking up a Gt350R on Saturday, and some other stuff, maybe too much stuff.......

That’s quite the collection of go fast machinery - awesome!

Back