Hello and Buying Tips

Yukon Bush Tremor

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Lariat Ultimate Tremor
Hey everyone.

Ive been lurking for a while and figured I would finally join in and contribute to the forum.

Im currently driving a 2019 F-150 Lariat 502a. Agate Black

I have a tremor on order. 2020 F-350 7.3L Lariat Ultimate Sport Tremor. Agate Black.

Order placed May 27 2020.

Let the countdown begin lol.. For all you others out there waiting with me I feel your pain. For all those out there enjoying your beasts already, Im envious!!

I also wanted to put it out there that I worked for Ford for many years up until recently and have a decent amount of product knowledge as well as buying knowledge.

I have learned a ton about the aftermarket options available from you guys, and am more than willing to offer the knowledge I have from the OEM and dealership side of things. I purchased my F-350 for $1250 under invoice and could have done better, I only let the Dealer hold a bit because he is my good buddy haha. Maybe I can drum up a referral or two for him from here to make up for it.. If youre in western Canada I can certainly put you in contact with a dealer willing to earn your business and deal.

Anyways, Im glad to be finally a member and look forward to contributing to the forum.

Dont hesitate to shoot me a message if you have and product knowledge or buying/negotiating questions.

Kevin

IMG_3982.JPG

@ Funkin

I will say if you got below X-Plan, and a Tri Fold Tonneau ($1000 ish) and a $500 accessory credit, then you were essentially pretty close to invoice pricing. Any time you can buy for invoice its certainly a "good deal".

As for it being "the best deal". depending on dealer, it wasnt.

How X-Plan & A-Plan (employee pricing) work, is that x plan is approx 2% above dealer invoice cost, and A plan is about 2% below.

If you got X plan, you were at 2% above you dealer cost or "invoice cost".

With you getting the tonneau and accessory money, i would estimate that put you right above invoice cost.

The dealer still has "holdback" which is approx 2.5% of invoice cost. So depending on MSRP that holdback amount will vary and grow as the MSRP does.

Long story short you got a good deal at invoice, but there was still approx $2000 in the back end of that deal you potentially could have gotten depending on the dealer you dealt with.

Funny youre in Calgary, thats where I was when I was working for Ford.

With them having so many Ford stores in the city, you can usually get a fair price as an educated buyer. Sounds like you did pretty darn good!

Quick run down of my deal.

Ford Canada May incentives

Msrp : $86,019
1st 3 payments on us rebate : -$2250
Non stackable cash alternative :-1000
All gross (profit)(msrp->invoice) : -$8722
Holdback : -1250

Net sale price = $72,797 CAD

+tax
+fees.

Hope that helps.

PS. Keep in mind. The higher the msrp. The more gross or profit in the vehicle. An XLT will not be able to be discounted as much as a Limited.

Kevin

How X-Plan & A-Plan (employee pricing) work, is that x plan is approx 2% above dealer invoice cost, and A plan is about 2% below.

If you got X plan, you were at 2% above you dealer cost or "invoice cost".

Maybe it's different in Canada, but the X-Plan should not be 2% above invoice. X-Plan is Invoice - 0.4% + $275 fee. A/Z-Plan is roughly Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 fee. Ask the dealer to print you off the invoice, and it will have all of the different plan prices at the bottom of the page like this:
1593064792548.png

So on a more expensive truck like a loaded Lariat, X-Plan is a little below invoice (because the 0.4% savings > $275 fee). Otherwise you'll be a little above invoice but not by much.

For example, I just pulled 1FT8W2BT6LED76455:
INVOICE: $72,036
A/Z-PLAN: $68,626
D-PLAN: $68,726
X-PLAN: $72,022
MSRP: $76,575

And to compare with 1FT7W2BN3LED50151:
INVOICE: $62,830
A/Z-PLAN: $59,850
D-PLAN: $59,950
X-PLAN: $62,854
MSRP: $66,470

According to your above x plan and invoice are pretty much the same. Not sure about Ford USA. But that is certainly way off for Canada. Makes no sense x plan would be within dollars of invoice. So no that is not even close to correct above.

Here is an example of a ford Canada invoice. It’s for an explorer wife was looking at. But same math.
AF454C90-63F9-4D2D-8C47-4A181D2066E6.png
Invoice cost shows$49518

Xplan = 50,698
A plan = 48,749

As you can see marginally up and down from invoice by about 2%

Thanks for the welcome!

In regards to the PCO...

Since I read another thread about them I have been trying daily to get one.

Even submitted my info to Ford updates yesterday but still no luck.

I will say, in all the years of me doing sales with Ford, Ive never personally seen one for more than $750 used.

So all the guys in the US getting the $2000-$3000 ones should be overjoyed.

I wish I had better information on how to get one, as Id be getting one for myself too!

Kevin

Hey everyone.

Ive been lurking for a while and figured I would finally join in and contribute to the forum.

Im currently driving a 2019 F-150 Lariat 502a. Agate Black

I have a tremor on order. 2020 F-350 7.3L Lariat Ultimate Sport Tremor. Agate Black.

Order placed May 27 2020.

Let the countdown begin lol.. For all you others out there waiting with me I feel your pain. For all those out there enjoying your beasts already, Im envious!!

I also wanted to put it out there that I worked for Ford for many years up until recently and have a decent amount of product knowledge as well as buying knowledge.

I have learned a ton about the aftermarket options available from you guys, and am more than willing to offer the knowledge I have from the OEM and dealership side of things. I purchased my F-350 for $1250 under invoice and could have done better, I only let the Dealer hold a bit because he is my good buddy haha. Maybe I can drum up a referral or two for him from here to make up for it.. If youre in western Canada I can certainly put you in contact with a dealer willing to earn your business and deal.

Anyways, Im glad to be finally a member and look forward to contributing to the forum.

Dont hesitate to shoot me a message if you have and product knowledge or buying/negotiating questions.

Kevin
Hi, Kevin. I am from Vancouver BC. I wanna order a 350 7.3 tremor platinum. can you recommend anyone or dealership here in lower mainland BC? what deal can I get at this time of year? many thanks

Thank you very much Kevin. regarding the invoice, how do i know the invoice price? should i go and ask: hey what is your invoice? or anything? what if they tell me a number which is not? ok let’s say if i configure a fully loaded 350 7.3 platinum tremor on ford canada website for $94,449 (base msrp $80,709+options $11,609+total fees $2050). what is the invoice on this? what price should i offer them to start with? sorry about my dumy question. thank you

Last edited:
Thank you very much Kevin. regarding the invoice, how do i know the invoice price? should i go and ask: hey what is your invoice? or anything? what if they tell me a number which is not? ok let’s say if i configure a fully loaded 350 7.3 platinum tremor on ford canada website for $94,449 (base msrp $80,709+options $11,609+total fees $2050). what is the invoice on this? what price should i offer them to start with? sorry about my dumy question. thank you

No worries.

A transparent dealer should be willing to show you an invoice. just request to see it.

Offer invoice or $ 500 over.

If they refuse then I personally would say ok and walk out.

There are plenty of dealerships in lower BC.

No worries.

A transparent dealer should be willing to show you an invoice. just request to see it.

Offer invoice or $ 500 over.

If they refuse then I personally would say ok and walk out.

There are plenty of dealerships in lower BC.
great! deeply appreciated Kevin. thank you

Back