Height???

Sizzle

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
I’ve been trying to find information on the height of the Tremor and information is rather sparse. Best I can find is a video on TFLTruck saying it is 83”. I have an 84” garage so every little bit counts before I order!

Can anyone verify the actual height? Seems like the black boxes (antennas?) at the back of the cab are the high point.

Thanks!

Siz

Welcome to the forum @Sizzle - Good question, I'd like to know this as well. It appears to be taller than the Raptor, and my 17 Raptor just barely cleared 7ft garage doors.

I measured mine at the antennas on the back of the cab and it is 83".

Ed

A mere 1 inch of overhead clearance on a garage door would be cutting it way too close for me. We have 10'x10' doors on our attached garage and I still find myself looking up every time I drive in there.

7ft garage door. If I parked in the middle, I would’ve hit the bracket that connects the garage motor to the door... I’m just gonna park outside. Gives me too much anxiety
80BC7DFC-F3EF-4AB0-80B4-305E0A8DFC9E.jpeg
5B398D89-E7BC-4898-8BAB-8E9D03D389F6.jpeg
B3748544-B3CE-4CD0-97B1-7EC1E087CF63.jpeg

I'm going to increase my garage door opening and door. I'm guessing you guys suggest 8ft. vs. 7ft. door. Suggestions?

I'm going to increase my garage door opening and door. I'm guessing you guys suggest 8ft. vs. 7ft. door. Suggestions?
That's what I did (7' to 8' doors) - my garage ceiling is approximately 10'6" so I had the room and my doors were 17 year old contractor grade with not much insulation. 3 courses of brick and the lintels were removed. R18.6 doors were installed with new openers. I also insulated the attic space above the garage as I have a ductless mini-split that provides heating/cooling for the space.
IMG_2971.jpg
IMG_2720.jpg
IMG_2733.jpg

That's what I did (7' to 8' doors) - my garage ceiling is approximately 10'6" so I had the room and my doors were 17 year old contractor grade with not much insulation. 3 courses of brick and the lintels were removed. R18.6 doors were installed with new openers. I also insulated the attic space above the garage as I have a ductless mini-split that provides heating/cooling for the space.
View attachment 11356View attachment 11357View attachment 11359
Awesome. Looks good. I'll be doing the same. Thanks for the pics.

May as well have one of these installed too. Keeps the bugs out and turns the garage into party-central
D3499448-2BB0-4E55-B0E4-4EC04A3231FB.jpeg
C73004AC-057E-4957-9B81-3B637C016908.jpeg

Your ambition is to be admired. Not everyone can do that because often there is a beam above the garage doors to support the opening. Looks like your roof line was high enough so not a problem. Depends on if you have trusses or rafters and how they sit.
You garage looks very good and the door selection looks good with the rest of the home.

Back