Heated wipers???

Bmhtremor

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 f150
Does anyone know why ford stopped the heated wipers as an option???

Does anyone know why ford stopped the heated wipers as an option???
Maybe people aren't ordering them ... Only reason I ordered it for the heated steering wheel ... Didn't care about the heater wipers and rain auto wipers

i agree, it has snowed here yet but i do want to test them

I think the element is in the windshield. At least there is some type of element under the wipers and my guess is for future windshield replacement.
Glad I have it but does concern me that its no longer available.

I think the element is in the windshield. At least there is some type of element under the wipers and my guess is for future windshield replacement.
Glad I have it but does concern me that its no longer available.
there are brown lines like on the rear windows ... so yes the heater is in the windshield

there are brown lines like on the rear windows ... so yes the heater is in the windshield
will make the replacement windshield fun

I have looked and unless I take the dash apart I don't know where the plug is for the element

Attachments

• 20201120_101644.jpg
    20201120_101644.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20201120_101710.jpg
    20201120_101710.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 39
Fun=$$$ is probably more like it. I have a coworker who got his wife a fully loaded bells and whistles Kia and within days had a rock hit it and crack the windshield. It has so much of the safety tech (lane keeping etc) tied into the window it was like a $2k windshield to get replaced.

Fun=$$$ is probably more like it. I have a coworker who got his wife a fully loaded bells and whistles Kia and within days had a rock hit it and crack the windshield. It has so much of the safety tech tied into the window it was like a $2k windshield to get replaced.
well thats why you have insurance .... thats all i can say .... but yea it is costly ... a windshield for my F150 was $450

Yeah I bet it makes a replacement windshield big coin, at least in the context of windshield prices. Not necessarily because of the heated element lines, but because there's going to be so few out there.

I wish they would have kept it as I would have absolutely included it in my order. I drive silly distances in the winter up nort'.

Fun=$$$ is probably more like it. I have a coworker who got his wife a fully loaded bells and whistles Kia and within days had a rock hit it and crack the windshield. It has so much of the safety tech (lane keeping etc) tied into the window it was like a $2k windshield to get replaced.
In 1990 that’s what a Kia cost new ?

In 1990 that’s what a Kia cost new ?
Ha ha no kidding, one of the guys I worked with sold cars in the early 90's and one time he said the salesmen were standing around and they looked up a Yugo in the bluebook and it was like $16.00....no lie.

Back