Heated seats not turning on with remote start

ethernaut85

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Platinum F350 Tremor
Since it has been colder this week Ive noticed when remote starting the truck, either with keys or app, the heated seats don’t come on. Temp has been in 20’s and 30’s. They were coming on with remote start a few weeks ago with temps warmer.

The heated steering wheel is hot when I get in and the hvac temp is doing what it should. Seats get warm when press the start button.

Nothing has changed in the settings. Everything is on auto. Only thing that has changed that I’m aware of is getting the update from ford at the dealership for the deep sleep issue. Truck was built in October.

Did you program the keys for individual drivers?
You can set your keys to recognize certain settings and it’ll automatically go to the settings programmed to the fob/key which starts the vehicle

Did you program the keys for individual drivers?
You can set your keys to recognize certain settings and it’ll automatically go to the settings programmed to the fob/key which starts the vehicle
Yes, the two keys are programmed to my key and my wife's key. It happens with either key, and doesnt matter if I use my app or she uses hers.

I'm sure there is a setting somewhere but I find that the remote start works IF the seat heater/cooler was on when truck was last turned off. So if you have the seat heater on and turn the truck off, does the seat heater come on with remote start for you?

I'm not saying this is how it should work but only that this is what I have noticed.

I'm sure there is a setting somewhere but I find that the remote start works IF the seat heater/cooler was on when truck was last turned off. So if you have the seat heater on and turn the truck off, does the seat heater come on with remote start for you?

I'm not saying this is how it should work but only that this is what I have noticed.
there are settings to use auto and last settings. We keep it on auto, during the summer it would turn on the ventilated seats, and as it was getting cooler it would turn on the heated seats and heated steering wheel.

And the box is still checked in the advanced settings screen?
Yes, It is checked and Ive even unchecked it, restarted and rechecked it. Seats still arent coming on until the start/stop button is pressed.

Now that we are having This talk, I think I had to set time to “return to last setting” and not auto in order for mine to work with remote start

My heated seats come on every morning when I remote start when it is cold. My settings are set for auto. I always turn off heated seats before shutting the truck off. Not much of a help but your initial thought that something is wrong is probably correct. Especially if you have all the right buttons checked etc.

Have you used forscan to make any changes?

The reason I ask is that I was just about to start a thread asking this same question. My heated steering wheel turns on, but not my heated seats (with remote start). I have used forscan to change some stuff and wondered if that could have caused a negative impact?

I tried changing the settings in the DIC to go from Auto to Return To Last Setting and then back to Auto, but that hasn't worked either.

I had two trucks ordered and built this year, traded the one that was built in April in on one built in Oct because the dealer gave me more than I paid for the first one and it had the options I really wanted. I took pictures of those settings before trading in and I had the exact same boxes checked and it always worked right depending on the ambient temp. Every thing was on auto then just as it is now.

Not sure if this is something I can deal with via Forscan or not. I just don't want to take it to the dealer and have them ripping things apart. The only time it doesnt work is when its running in remote start. Definitely seems like a software issue to me.

Mine is set to auto, and I’m experiencing the same thing: when I get in, heated steering wheel is warm, heated seats indicator is on high, but seats don’t start heating until I press the start button.

Have you used forscan to make any changes?

The reason I ask is that I was just about to start a thread asking this same question. My heated steering wheel turns on, but not my heated seats (with remote start). I have used forscan to change some stuff and wondered if that could have caused a negative impact?

I tried changing the settings in the DIC to go from Auto to Return To Last Setting and then back to Auto, but that hasn't worked either.
I have made some changes in Forscan since I had the deep sleep SSM 51140 update to the BCM. I'm almost 99.9% certain the heated seats were working on remote start by the key fob before the update.

The morning that I got the update, it reset a lot of my BCM changes. I changed these ones back to the way they were before the update.
  1. Double Honk on Exit
  2. Bambi Mode
  3. DRL to full brightness
  4. Fog light as DRL
  5. TPMS placard values

I had two trucks ordered and built this year, traded the one that was built in April in on one built in Oct because the dealer gave me more than I paid for the first one and it had the options I really wanted. I took pictures of those settings before trading in and I had the exact same boxes checked and it always worked right depending on the ambient temp. Every thing was on auto then just as it is now.

Not sure if this is something I can deal with via Forscan or not. I just don't want to take it to the dealer and have them ripping things apart. The only time it doesnt work is when its running in remote start. Definitely seems like a software issue to me.

Well, if you haven't used forscan to change anything, then it makes me feel better that I didn't mess anything up. I have very clear documentation on the changes I made, and to my knowledge, none of my changes should affect the heated seats on remote start. I was thinking about resetting all of my changes, but now I think I'll wait.

Let us know if you end up finding the solution. I'll do the same. I might have the dealer look at it on the next oil change.

I have made some changes in Forscan since I had the deep sleep SSM 51140 update to the BCM. I'm almost 99.9% certain the heated seats were working on remote start by the key fob before the update.

The morning that I got the update, it reset a lot of my BCM changes. I changed these ones back to the way they were before the update.
  1. Double Honk on Exit
  2. Bambi Mode
  3. DRL to full brightness
  4. Fog light as DRL
  5. TPMS placard values

Looks like we were typing at the same time. I've done all those changes save #3 (DRL to full brightness)

I just checked mine. The seat and wheel setting has either “off” or “auto”. The climate has “auto” and “last setting”.
My seat and wheel are on auto and they do come on when I remote start, however the indicator lights don’t come on until I turn the ignition on

Looks like we were typing at the same time. I've done all those changes save #3 (DRL to full brightness)
Did you go to the dealer and get the update for the deep sleep issue?

I had all those changes before, and on the truck built in April and didn't have those issues.

Did you go to the dealer and get the update for the deep sleep issue?

I had all those changes before, and on the truck built in April and didn't have those issues.

I have not taken care of the deep sleep issue. Actually, I've been meaning to put some research time into that. Are you saying that you had the deep sleep issue, but you've since taken it to the dealer for an update and now you no longer have that particular issue?

I just checked mine. The seat and wheel setting has either “off” or “auto”. The climate has “auto” and “last setting”.
My set and wheel are on auto and they do come on when I remote start, however the indicator lights don’t come on until I turn the ignition on
Ok awesome, I wasn't in the truck when I sent the message, I was thinking that the seat and steering wheel were grouped together. I have them on auto as well. Climate is on auto also. Im fairly certain that it is normal for the heated seat indicator light to not come on until the truck is "on"

I have not taken care of the deep sleep issue. Actually, I've been meaning to put some research time into that. Are you saying that you had the deep sleep issue, but you've since taken it to the dealer for an update and now you no longer have that particular issue?
I had the deep sleep issue since I picked up the second truck in Oct. It was driving me nuts because the first one built in April 22 didn't have that issue so we were used to using the app for everything.

A week or so after picking up the truck in Oct, I took it to the dealer for the deep sleep update. It did correct all those issues.

However, I only had it for a week or so to even use the remote start via keyfob for a few days that it was cold. I'm 99.9% sure that the heated seats came on as normal during that time.

After the update, I made the forscan changes back to the way they were before the update. Sometime between the update and today we have noticed that the seats arent warming during remote start anymore.

My truck is the same way this winter, winter number 3. When I remote start via key or app, the steering wheel is warm, the heat and fan are running, but the seat is cold as ice. As soon as I press the start button, the seat lights turn on and it starts warming up. I have had it set in auto since I got the truck and they would always be blowing air in the summer if over 95 outside and warm in the winter time.

I have not done any Forscan changes or taken the truck in for any updates, still have all three recall notices sitting on my desk. The only thing I can think of is that the truck's settings are at Auto for over the air Sync updates. Not sure if it ran one or not lately.

Erik

Back