Headlight excessive fog

Bryantbjb

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Hi. I know from reading the manual and some experience that vented headlights will fog a bit. Does this seem excessive? The passenger one is fine. Drivers side fogged.
thoughts?

Attachments

• 691E4672-0040-4EDF-AA95-7BAA2FBAD114.jpeg
    691E4672-0040-4EDF-AA95-7BAA2FBAD114.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 9E6D7E36-EE55-41FC-9407-D156664EEB2C.jpeg
    9E6D7E36-EE55-41FC-9407-D156664EEB2C.jpeg
    460.1 KB · Views: 72
Damn?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

That’s way too much. Take it to the dealer.

I have had this took it to dealership and there is some ports or holes in them and they can fog up depending on the weather. This is what I was told and I have not had it happen since.

I have the regular lenses and my passenger housing fogged up something fierce for about 6 weeks in the cold but recently they've equalized and cleared up. I was at the point to take it to Ford when the condensation lessened because of some successive sunny and warmer days but at it's worst mine looked similar to the OP with actual water droplet accumulation starting at the bottom of the interior lens... I suspect either the vent hole was clogged or something specific to that side of the truck was causing it like maybe the air intake housing which is right next to the passenger lens on the 6.7.

Thanks. Figured a trip to the dealer was in order.

Hi. I know from reading the manual and some experience that vented headlights will fog a bit. Does this seem excessive? The passenger one is fine. Drivers side fogged.
thoughts?
You've got a leak in the assembly or non-vent. That's quite a bit of condensation.

Do they replace or fix? Just wondering.

Do they replace or fix? Just wondering.
Probably replace. Fixing it is too unreliable unless there's an undeniably obvious issue. I had one like that a while ago. Messed with it for a couple months and still couldn't get it right. I'd just get a new assembly from the start. I'd try to claim it on warranty since you didn't "break it".

Thanks. The truck has 700 miles and is only 1 month old so hopefully no warranty issue.

Thanks. The truck has 700 miles and is only 1 month old so hopefully no warranty issue.
I'd press them on it if they try denying it. I'd argue that it's a failed seal, not a glass problem (they usually dont cover glass/lights).

Warranty takes a little bit but is the best route. I had one headlight that was scratched on the day I picked up my truck. Took the dealership almost 2 weeks to get the warranty approved and the new headlight in. Was told they are $1500 a piece for the black package. Unfortunately my dealership scratched my truck replacing the headlight. So I traded one scratch for another.

Mine did this once. It’ll happen once in a while, but rarely, when the humidity and temperature change are just right. Mine went away by the next day. I see you’re from Salem, I’m up in Bellingham, similar wet/humid weather.

Well, folks were right. Dealership said Ford would not cover. According to service advisor there would need to be significant standing water in the headlight for ford to even consider. Ugh.

These were my headlights the night we went to pick it up. They put it through their car wash before presenting it to us on a 22 deg night. It was gone the next day but it was noted by service. This is not unheard because they are willing to replace it if it meets certain criteria. If it don’t happen again to the point that there are droplets and residue left behind on the inside, I’ll be happy. I rather them not go taking headlights out and messing something else up.

Attachments

• E474B4B0-9694-4161-A779-2B54D2C23540.jpeg
    E474B4B0-9694-4161-A779-2B54D2C23540.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 16
  • F45C011F-71CF-4E44-B951-AED4BA6AC2E7.jpeg
    F45C011F-71CF-4E44-B951-AED4BA6AC2E7.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 16
mine have fogged up as well but they always clean up, and there is never water inside the lights so i been ok with them so far

Back