Hauling a truck camper on my tremor need some recommendations Air bags? Timbrens or??

Milkman3

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 f250 Tremor 7.3 gas baby
Hi I have a 2020 gas tremor- Truck has factory overloads. I have a 2009 lance 830 Truck camper- Have hauled it on 2 different 3/4 trucks its a fairly light TC at 2k. I have had timbrents in the past which did a good job stabalizing things but the truck was never level. I am looking at air bag this time around just wondering if they will hurt the empty ride and suspention articualtion. Also I am strugging to find the right kit that will work on the tremor. Any hel would be appricated. Thanks

Bueller, Bueller?? Any thing here? Could use some help..

From what I've seen all the current bags will limit articulation on a stock height truck. Carli has a long travel bag, but you need a 3.5" lift. I'd give it a little time and the aftermarket will fill the void for us tremor guys.

Try the “what did you do to your tremor today” thread. One of the members posted about Sumo Springs.

I have a utility cap that can go on and off my truck. It weights around 2-2500lbs, I am also wondering about a product like this for when my cap is on. The fellow that posted it said he left an inch of room so it rides normal with no load and when the load is put on it compresses onto these . The sumo springs then take up the load.

I encourage you to read his thread, as I found it to be very informative.

I've heard nothing but good things about Sumo Springs for that type of application.

Thanks guys, This is my first Super duty on my chev or GMC (which I think are softer sprung and did not have over loads) the Sumo springs did not have enough capacity so I ended up with Timbrens but they did give a hard ride...

Hi I have a 2020 gas tremor- Truck has factory overloads. I have a 2009 lance 830 Truck camper- Have hauled it on 2 different 3/4 trucks its a fairly light TC at 2k. I have had timbrents in the past which did a good job stabalizing things but the truck was never level. I am looking at air bag this time around just wondering if they will hurt the empty ride and suspention articualtion. Also I am strugging to find the right kit that will work on the tremor. Any hel would be appricated. Thanks
Check out my post in "what did you do to your Tremor today"...I installed Sumo Springs...Cheap...High Quality....Ride preserved!

I ordered the Airlift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus (part #89350)for mine last week for my Cirrus 820. I spoke to Airlift directly and this is the only one they have for the 2020 F350, they are based out of MI and have had a time getting them out to the distributors. These bags have a built in jounce bumper so you can drop the pressure to 0 and with Daystar airbag cradles they should not affect articulation. Hopefully they will arrive this week with the wireless air so I can go pick up the camper.

Last edited:
I ordered the Airlift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus (part #89350)for mine last week for my Cirrus 820. I spoke to Airlift directly and this is the only one they have for the 2020 F350, they are based out of MI and have had a time getting them out to the distributors. These bags have a built in jounce bumper so you can drop the pressure to 0 and with Daystar airbag cradles they should not affect articulation. Hopefully they will arrive this week with the wireless air so I can go pick up the camper.
We installed that system on our old Ram 2500 hauling a Camplite 6.8 truck camper and ran it for about six years with no issues. Really liked the ability to adjust height (helpful for hooking up trailers on uneven ground in particular). For our Tremor / Northern Lite rig, we are going to give the Torklift Lower Stable Loads and Sumo springs a shot. If those aren't SAT, we will likely go back to the Airlift solution.

Pro tip..... keep a spare set of batteries for the wireless controller in the truck.... How do I know??? LOL

Good luck with your set up - the Cirrus' are quite nice!

Going to try the Sumos and see what happens. Will keep the group updated

How has the air bags been for the time you have had them? i am looking at them now. Who did you buy them through?

I've got Sumos on the front of my Tremor (heavy bumper and winch), and they are fantastic. Better ride than stock. I've had them in the rear on other trucks I've owned with fiberglass shells etc. Nothing but good experiences. I'm considering either an FWC camper or a Camplite and will likely add Sumos to the rear before I put it on.

How has the air bags been for the time you have had them? i am looking at them now. Who did you buy them through?
So far so good other than the bottom bracket bolts being too short for the Tremor, check with Airlift on the update before ordering. I got mine from Jack-it out of SLC.

So far so good other than the bottom bracket bolts being too short for the Tremor, check with Airlift on the update before ordering. I got mine from Jack-it out of SLC.

Still doesn't look like there is a option yet ... Still have a month before delivery ... Probably just going to buy longer bolts if that it the case.... Easy fit

Still doesn't look like there is a option yet ... Still have a month before delivery ... Probably just going to buy longer bolts if that it the case.... Easy fit
1/2 inch longer carriage bolts would work but I just installed a Hellwig sway bar which looks like it will clash. I am thinking about shorter carriage bolts and clamping to the bottom of the spacer block. Still waiting on my replacement brackets, I took a piece of 1 inch galvanized plate and drilled holes as a temporary fix.

Anyone find air bags for a Tremor yet? I don't need it yet but it would be nice to have if we get a bigger boat. I had AirLifts on my F150 and loved them.

Yes Firestone but you have to replace the rear lift block so it has a tounge on the block. There is a company in California https://www.pmfsuspension.com/Lift-Blocks-Ubolts_c_79.html

That made mine and they are awsome.
I also added the Kelderman leveling kit with control arms rides as good as a F150.
In picture 2 you will see cups so when off road your air bags will not tear apart if over extended. Talk to Haidlen Ford about the system they installed for me. They are located in Oakdale, Cal. I just got mine delivered today it's been along time coming with all the extras I had them do with custom paint and de badging. Talk to Steve or Erich. Tell them Michael sent you. I searched all over TX, Ore, WA, Ut, and Az but Haidlen had the best deal no arguing back and forth on the price and I even ordered it from the factory the way I wanted it.

Attachments

• 2195.jpeg
    2195.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 2198.jpeg
    2198.jpeg
    583.2 KB · Views: 165
Hey Milkman, have you put that Lance 830 on your Tremor yet? I also have an 830 and I'm planning on buying a Tremor. Wanted to make sure it fits (heard here was possible bumper interferance with the step pocket on some new Fords) and what you ended up doing with the suspension.

Back