Has anyone towed a 5th wheel yet?

avssuc

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Former 97E/35M and 1N0...retired now, but still 'Always Out Front'!
Current Ride
2019 ZR2 Dusk Special Edition Chevy Colorado
New member, currently in a 2019 ZR2 Dusk Special Edition, but it tows nothing, so I'm looking to get a Tremor. I like the snarl of the Tremor, but we also want to tow a 5th wheel. Nothing insane, nothing over 11k. The printout I got from my dealer says I should be good for 14,100 pounds in a F-250 Lariat Tremor with the 6.7, but I'm curious about how the ride height might complicate towing a 5th wheel. I'd love to hear about anyone towing any large trailers, so feel free to give your input.

Since I'm new to towing, I may not have a clue here, so I hope one of you fine folks can help me out. I'd like to place my order this Monday, but I don't want to make that plunge unless I know exactly what I'm getting.

Also, any advice on getting close to invoice price? I should have at least $15k to put down with financing in hand. I used the Costco link on one of the threads here, and I feel like I have a good idea of invoice for my build, just not sure what I should pay over invoice. I was thinking north of 13% was too much, but I don't know in this market. My dealer said that they have order priority, so they might use that as leverage too.

Anyway, this looks like a cool community, one I wouldn't mind joining. Thanks in advance!

I know of a few dealers that are either Invoice +500 or +1,000. Could likely do better

I know of a few dealers that are either Invoice +500 or +1,000. Could likely do better

It's a small town, so I'm hoping that's the case.

New member, currently in a 2019 ZR2 Dusk Special Edition, but it tows nothing, so I'm looking to get a Tremor. I like the snarl of the Tremor, but we also want to tow a 5th wheel. Nothing insane, nothing over 11k. The printout I got from my dealer says I should be good for 14,100 pounds in a F-250 Lariat Tremor with the 6.7, but I'm curious about how the ride height might complicate towing a 5th wheel. I'd love to hear about anyone towing any large trailers, so feel free to give your input.

Since I'm new to towing, I may not have a clue here, so I hope one of you fine folks can help me out. I'd like to place my order this Monday, but I don't want to make that plunge unless I know exactly what I'm getting.

Also, any advice on getting close to invoice price? I should have at least $15k to put down with financing in hand. I used the Costco link on one of the threads here, and I feel like I have a good idea of invoice for my build, just not sure what I should pay over invoice. I was thinking north of 13% was too much, but I don't know in this market. My dealer said that they have order priority, so they might use that as leverage too.

Anyway, this looks like a cool community, one I wouldn't mind joining. Thanks in advance!
If you look at the towing Guide F250 5th wheel can to 18k

Welcome to the forum @avssuc ?

There are several guys on the forum towing 5th wheels with no problems. Check out some of these links:

I think it really depends on the area on how good the deal is. Keep an eye on AutoTrader or Cars.com and that should give you a good sense of what other dealers are willing to discount. I think the main issue trying to get a deal is lack of inventory. These trucks just don't sit around on the lot very long!

14,300 5 th wheel day one, I got invoice minus 3% plus $500.00 incentive. Almost every dealership will sell for invoice or below invoice if not, there are plenty of other dealers out there. Make sure they have a Super Duty allocation if you place an order. also ask for a favorable priority code so you get your truck in a timely manor.
IMG_4869.jpeg

That’s honestly some pretty solid advice from PapaRaptor. Listen to the man!

Welcome to the forum @avssuc ?

There are several guys on the forum towing 5th wheels with no problems. Check out some of these links:

I think it really depends on the area on how good the deal is. Keep an eye on AutoTrader or Cars.com and that should give you a good sense of what other dealers are willing to discount. I think the main issue trying to get a deal is lack of inventory. These trucks just don't sit around on the lot very long!

I should have searched deeper, but thanks tossing those links up.

Reading through those put me at ease, at least in terms of my concern. Now to just get my price.

14,300 5 th wheel day one, I got invoice minus 3% plus $500.00 incentive. Almost every dealership will sell for invoice or below invoice if not, there are plenty of other dealers out there. Make sure they have a Super Duty allocation if you place an order. also ask for a favorable priority code so you get your truck in a timely manor.
View attachment 3418

If I'm about to spend that much on a truck, it would stand to reason that Ford has built plenty of profit into invoice already, so thanks for setting me straight here. I think below invoice is where I should start. I'm retired military, don't know if I'll get that $500 military cash, but it's worth a shot.

If I'm about to spend that much on a truck, it would stand to reason that Ford has built plenty of profit into invoice already, so thanks for setting me straight here. I think below invoice is where I should start. I'm retired military, don't know if I'll get that $500 military cash, but it's worth a shot.
retired yo get it
1596400890578.png

The military cash is in addition to other rebates and can apply once you make your best deal.

Back