Has anyone swapped their 3" F350 Receiver for a 2" or 2.5"?

Thanks for your response.

When I was searching several months ago, I could NOT find anything like that 3 to 2, except one that was made of a composite material. It wasn’t steel.

The only hitch I need/have on mine is the Blue Ox WDH. It has the 2” shank. I would like to have a larger shank. My RV dealer, two hours away, told me they had them, then when I got there to pick up my RV, no they didn’t have them so I got what I could and picked up my trailer. (That wasn’t the only thing they screwed up, either.)

I might invest in that 2.5” shank unit and swap the other pieces of my WDH over to it.

Here is the one I ordered from Etrailer:
Blue Ox 2.5" Shank

I stuck with the 3” for my bulletproof hitch, but then I also bought a nice steel 3” to 2” reducer. There are tons of carriers, racks, etc. that all seem to be 2” only. I want to be able to use the stuff I already have, and still be able to purchase and use other potential products in the future. It also fits my 2” receiver cover so that’s what I leave in for my daily driving. Here is what I used.
37823E6B-A9B5-4066-8328-D5CB610E75C0.jpeg

Reducers suck. I've tried 'all the rattle gizmos. I'm about to get a Gen-Y 10K and it doesn't come in 3" so I guess I'm going to try their rattle gizmo. It is different than all the others in that it has set screws on two sides. You install it on the hitch shank before you put the hitch on.
I'm dubious but what's another 40 bucks?

Last edited:
There’s an old saying among boat owners that the word “boat” is, literally, an acronym for “break out another thousand”!

So it is with the Tremor.

:D:D:D

Back