Has anyone moved the adaptive cruise on a platinum with aftermarket bumper install

optx002

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350
Looking into aftermarket bumpers and there are notes that state the relocation bracket usually in the grill area will not work with platinum grills. Alot of folks here seem to have the xlt or lariat with different bumpers but does anyone have a platinum and successfully moved their adaptive cruise control box? I like the feature during long drives but not sure if its worth the work to cut up the bumper and place it above the winch

Here are some that i found :

Looking into aftermarket bumpers and there are notes that state the relocation bracket usually in the grill area will not work with platinum grills. Alot of folks here seem to have the xlt or lariat with different bumpers but does anyone have a platinum and successfully moved their adaptive cruise control box? I like the feature during long drives but not sure if its worth the work to cut up the bumper and place it above the winch

The DV8 bracket does not specify that it won't work with the Platinum and still hides behind the grill. I have been looking at the ADD bracket for my Lariat, but now am interested in the DV8 one as well. If I replace my front bumper with a winch capable one, I don't want to end up with a box on top of my bumper like the Road Armor bracket.

The DV8 bracket does not specify that it won't work with the Platinum and still hides behind the grill. I have been looking at the ADD bracket for my Lariat, but now am interested in the DV8 one as well. If I replace my front bumper with a winch capable one, I don't want to end up with a box on top of my bumper like the Road Armor bracket.
Yeh I'm hoping there is someone with some experience with one or more of these if not something else.

I can't help, but understand the dilemma. I am certain someone will come up with a better solution for relocation of the ACC sensor soon. I'm the type that rarely even uses regular cruise control and knew that I did not want ACC, so I did not get that. It's a paid for (or included in your trim) option so it would suck to just disable it all together.

I have a Road Armor Stealth front bumper with their relocation kit, and it works flawlessly. It is a steel box with plastic front cover that bolts to the bumper and holds the sensor, and some might find it unattractive (I am used to it, but agree it isn't pretty), but it relocated fine on my 2020 King Ranch F250 Tremor and everything worked fine from the moment I plugged it in.

Ed

I have a Road Armor Stealth front bumper with their relocation kit, and it works flawlessly. It is a steel box with plastic front cover that bolts to the bumper and holds the sensor, and some might find it unattractive (I am used to it, but agree it isn't pretty), but it relocated fine on my 2020 King Ranch F250 Tremor and everything worked fine from the moment I plugged it in.

Ed
do you happen to have a picture of yours? wondering if i can fab up a bracket but make the overall box smaller

Here is a shot of the box on the front drivers side:

Front11.jpg

Rogue Racing sells this bracket:

Rogue Racing sells this bracket:

Thanks. Looks similar to the dv8 one. Just need to figure out if the platinum grill causes issues.

I love my ACC and definitely wish to keep it, that DV8 looks to be exactly what I need.

I came across this thread, so thought I would add/resurrect in case anyone else is in the same boat (or has come up with some solutions!)

I have a pre-ordered 2023 King Ranch Tremor, and am looking to do a full overland build. I reached out to Addictive Desert Designs and received a prompt response (those guys are great!). This is what I was told:

The way the ACC module works on these trucks is by detecting metal in front of them. The reason it is not compatible with certain trucks grills is due to the finish on them.
What we’ve seen shops and customers do to retain the ACC option is strip their existing grill and re paint with a non metallic finish or find an aftermarket grill that’s made of some sort of plastic.

With the metal in the grill is the issue for King Ranch; Platinum; and trucks with brushed nickel finishes, would need to find a way to resolve - and it is more than just a relocation bracket. I am not sure if this will be the same issue on the 2023 models, so will have to wait and see.

If anyone has addressed this issue on the Platinum/King Ranch I would love to hear your thoughts.

John

South Texas Outfitters in San Antonio has been doing them since the ACC was released on their full replacements. Ask for KJ if you call.

I have a 21 Platinum. I had to relocate the sensor. There is a cutout in the bullbar to allow for this.
24935DA2-FF90-4D65-B3C2-740399C51592.jpeg

Someone needs to make a bumper for these trucks that support the factory winch and has a place for the ACC sensor. I can live with moving my BD lights but the others are hard requirements for me.

Someone needs to make a bumper for these trucks that support the factory winch and has a place for the ACC sensor. I can live with moving my BD lights but the others are hard requirements for me.
If you look at my photo above, it has a Warn winch as well as provision for the ACC sensor. It’s not the factory winch but it must be pretty close. The downside is it’s not available in North America.

I jumped through a lot of hoops to get mine to work on a Lariat. The disclaimer should be ANY chrome grill won't work - including the stock Lariat chrome grill. This is going to be true of ANY mount that goes behind the grill. I ended up buying a black out package grill which is plastic with paint. Might be an option when you get your truck - paint a plastic grill silver or go with a black or body color grill.

Back