Has anyone gotten the Flu this year....?

rhines81

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-250 XLT Tremor 7.3L - Rapid Red
Pardon my rant, but yeah, I
thought so... nobody I know has even had a sniffle of flu. I've had a few friends that were "sick" for a couple of weeks and their 'test' said they had COVID. This is just so non-typical of years past when people had 'the flu'.... seems nobody has it anymore for 2020/2021 ... odd. Also odd is that total death rates from any disease or ailment or accident is spot on with all the years past statistics... we're hood-winked (I never believed the COVID bullshit). COVID is real, but people are still dying of 'other things' just like they are doing now... but now they are pointing to COVID as the cause of normal everyday deaths... stop watching the news and live your life! For those who have suffered through COVID (really, COVID) it sucks (or not)... it's not a death sentence and flu would kill you quicker if you had that instead (but amazingly flu cases are almost non-existent now). Does anyone else think I am crazy for pointing this out? COVID was used as a total distraction to the masses, it is not anything to concern ourselves with.. I'm really VERY tired of these bullshit restrictions that have never been imposed on the public for anything EVER!

Covid test will pick up anything from a cold to anyone one of the millions of flu viruses and call it corona.

We are being played big time.
yea... as we've all heard... drowning in a swimming pool or smacking into a tree on a motorcycle is certain COVID death... but for some reason "the public is not uprising over this bullshit?"

yea... as we've all heard... drowning in a swimming pool or smacking into a tree on a motorcycle is certain COVID death... but for some reason "the public is not uprising over this bullshit?"
I was specifically speaking about the testing. 90% of the people they say have it, don't.

I was specifically speaking about the testing. 90% of the people they say have it, don't.
It's more like 99.4% of the positives are not... but, yes, I hear ya!!!

I didn’t get the flu last year. Then again, I was vaccinated against it. Hardly surprising flu rates are down. At least here. Lots of social distancing, increased hygiene, wearing masks, working from home. We’re all walking germ factories.

Obviously there is a difference between dying from the virus and dying with the virus. We need both figures.

2 guys I work nearby got Covid, a few days later I got sick Dec 24th... for 11 days I had the worst body pains in my life, joint pain was unbearable, lost taste/smell (rather modified/reduced) for 2 days, slight cough the last couple days with minor chest/shoulder pain. It was hell. Both of my COVID tests came back negative.

I heard from someone who works at a hospital say they had a patient tested 6 times before they got a positive test.

People do die from it. I just wish it wouldn’t have got so political.

Last edited:
2 guys I work nearby got Covid, a few days later I got sick Dec 24th... for 11 days I had the worst body pains in my life, joint pain was unbearable, lost taste/smell (rather modified/reduced) for 2 days, slight cough the last couple days with minor chest/shoulder pain. It was hell. Both of my COVID tests came back negative.

I heard from some who works at a hospital that they had a patient tested 6 times before they got a positive test.

I wished it had gotten so political either. With state leaders all telling us they make their decisions on medical advice, it would seem that never in the history of medicine has medical advice been so contradictory.

Here's Dr Fauci explaining plumbing.

March 2020 - You don't need any pex pipe in your house. None, it's not gonna help you at all. Copper pipe is fine and all you need.

June 2020- Everyone should have pex pipe installed right away, because it's better than copper.

September 2020 - pex pipe should be in everyones house, your garage, outhouse and on mars as well.

January 2021 - its a good idea to run extra pex lines to every fixture. Definately 2 hot lines and 2 cold. You can even run three to make sure you never run out of water.

What a fuckin Buffoon!

Last edited:

I heard from some who works at a hospital that they had a patient tested 6 times before they got a positive test.

I agree 100%. If it wasn't an election year, or if it were 10 yrs ago before everything got so radical, the government would probably trying to hide it from us, but this is the world we live in now, and i'm terrified to see where we are headed... It's rather sad. I had Covid back in July, and had one night of fever, 2-3 days of body aches, lost smell and taste. I have yet to recover my senses 100%. everything smells and tastes totally different than before, and I only have about 60%. It was used as a weapon by the government no doubt.

Here's Dr Fauci explaining plumbing.

March 2020 - You don't need any pex pipe in your house. None, it's not gonna help you at all. Copper pipe is fine and all you need.

June 2020- Everyone should have pex pipe installed because it's better than copper.

September 2020 - pex pipe should be in everyones house, your garage, outhouse and on mars as well.

January 2021 - its a good idea to run extra pex lines to every fixture. Definately 2 hot lines and 2 cold. You can even run three to make sure you never run out of water.

What a fuckin Bafoon!
Masks were in short supply in the beginning, I’m pretty sure that was his point on not using masks (just to hit the bars and shop for the best bargain), instead stay-in-place should be exercised. They had to allow manufacturers to catch up.

By this point, everyone should know how masks work. They only protect others (if you are sick) by slowing/minimizing mouth spray droplets.

I don’t envy the guy, he’s trying to protect a nation that does not like being told what to do.

Is it manufactured? IDK, but what would be the end game? How could you possibly strategize a global pandemic without eventually shooting yourself in the foot, directly or indirectly?!?

The question I want an answer to is ‘why the hell are wet markets still allowed in China?!?’ Why isn’t every other country raining hate on these things?

Masks were in short supply in the beginning, I’m pretty sure that was his point on not using masks (just to hit the bars and shop for the best bargain), instead stay-in-place should be exercised. They had to allow manufacturers to catch up.

By this point, everyone should know how masks work. They only protect others (if you are sick) by slowing/minimizing mouth spray droplets.

I don’t envy the guy, he’s trying to protect a nation that does not like being told what to do.

Is it manufactured? IDK, but what would be the end game? How could you possibly strategize a global pandemic without eventually shooting yourself in the foot, directly or indirectly?!?

The question I want an answer to is ‘why the hell are wet markets still allowed in China?!?’ Why isn’t every other country raining hate on these things?
When our PM suggested it would be good to have an inquiry into how the whole thing started, it unleashed a vitriolic response from China who has since begun a trade war with us by banning or hitting with huge tariffs many of our goods. Further vitriol unused when we banned China from buying certain companies in sensitive industries, even though they do it routinely. This is what happens when other countries question China. Then over the weekend China says more powerful countries should not bully less powerful countries......

When our PM suggested it would be good to have an inquiry into how the whole thing started, it unleashed a vitriolic response from China who has since begun a trade war with us by banning or hitting with huge tariffs many of our goods. Further vitriol unused when we banned China from buying certain companies in sensitive industries, even though they do it routinely. This is what happens when other countries question China. Then over the weekend China says more powerful countries should not bully less powerful countries......

what has been amazing in the last year is the tremendous decrease in influenza cases. The number of influenza cases in the southern hemisphere in their flu season dropped close to 97%. We are midway through our flu season currently, and I've seen only a couple of documented flu cases. This seems to be consistent with the states public health numbers. Why do you ask?? masks and social distancing. A lot of people have had Covid, and just about everyone lives. But let me tell you, many are dying. I did my medical training at a huge trauma center in Northern California and they were totally full with Covid patients with many dying. I have colleagues in major teaching hospitals in half a dozen states and the stories were horrifying. They have no reason to lie to me about it.
Now, whenever I see patients with 'viral symptoms', my mantra is 'Covid until proven otherwise'. The majority of current testing for Covid is crap. Honestly, it's not so good for influenza either. I test everyone with viral symptoms for both Covid and Influenza currently. It's really an ethical/moral quandary for me. I have an obligation to the patient to limit illness/spread, but also make sure they can get back to work to provide for their family. At least I am not like a friend in Central California, a critical care physician, who 10 days ago was making decisions on who would live or die.
The disease has been weaponized via politics and it's absolutely heart breaking. I like Big John's plumbing analogy, there was a lot of confusion initially as the world went from 0-100mph quite quickly. Conflicting reports initially(still..) from public health/govt/media creates a lot of distrust especially when peoples livelihoods are in the balance.
You have to remember, the virus doesn't care who you voted for, how much money you make, where you live it just wants to replicate. I've been vaccinated, but still adhere to guidelines. this won't be forever, but as a nation/world we have to work together (cue up "we are the world"). I want to start traveling again!

That was an interesting article. I'm not commenting on the intent of either the original executive order or the cancelling of it, but they both leave a considerable vulnerability unaddressed. The order was specific to the bulk electric system, which means high voltage transmission and generation assets. That leaves out the entire distribution system, or everything from the low voltage side of the bulk electric system transformers to your house or place of business. That is lots of stuff that could have already been imported, in compliance with the executive order, from our adversaries, and contain malicious software etc.

what has been amazing in the last year is the tremendous decrease in influenza cases. The number of influenza cases in the southern hemisphere in their flu season dropped close to 97%. We are midway through our flu season currently, and I've seen only a couple of documented flu cases. This seems to be consistent with the states public health numbers. Why do you ask?? masks and social distancing. A lot of people have had Covid, and just about everyone lives. But let me tell you, many are dying. I did my medical training at a huge trauma center in Northern California and they were totally full with Covid patients with many dying. I have colleagues in major teaching hospitals in half a dozen states and the stories were horrifying. They have no reason to lie to me about it.
Now, whenever I see patients with 'viral symptoms', my mantra is 'Covid until proven otherwise'. The majority of current testing for Covid is crap. Honestly, it's not so good for influenza either. I test everyone with viral symptoms for both Covid and Influenza currently. It's really an ethical/moral quandary for me. I have an obligation to the patient to limit illness/spread, but also make sure they can get back to work to provide for their family. At least I am not like a friend in Central California, a critical care physician, who 10 days ago was making decisions on who would live or die.
The disease has been weaponized via politics and it's absolutely heart breaking. I like Big John's plumbing analogy, there was a lot of confusion initially as the world went from 0-100mph quite quickly. Conflicting reports initially(still..) from public health/govt/media creates a lot of distrust especially when peoples livelihoods are in the balance.
You have to remember, the virus doesn't care who you voted for, how much money you make, where you live it just wants to replicate. I've been vaccinated, but still adhere to guidelines. this won't be forever, but as a nation/world we have to work together (cue up "we are the world"). I want to start traveling again!
Like you work in a large medical center. It’s real it happens. There are a good number of people who make it but they do suffer in the process. FLU is down and I don’t have that answer. Realistically if we test someone for Covid and they come back positive we’re done testing. If they come back negative then we go farther and test for more.
The problem is the stress on our hospitals. We have patients stuck in here for weeks at a time requiring a lot of oxygen and support. These aren’t people we move out on a few days and say bye that’s the impact on our system. We are the largest hospital in central California and have less than 3 beds open on our ICU 50% of them are covid. The other 50 are a large mix of trauma and your typical chronic diseases which is always a problem.
Now I too hate the shutdown it’s effed up a lot of our life outside of work. The politics piss me off (hate California love the location live in the red zone of California). But I agree it’s more than covid but covid has had a huge impact on our ability to take care of patient's outside of covid let alone having 400+ employees out on leave due to covid so we are short staffed. It’s not a joke but does anybody actually know how to handle this?

nobody dies of anything but covid these days. 109 yr old man dies of covid, not old age, man with bullet hole in head dies of covid, skydiver forgets parachute dies of covid...its pathetic. its all about political bullshit,

nobody dies of anything but covid these days. 109 yr old man dies of covid, not old age, man with bullet hole in head dies of covid, skydiver forgets parachute dies of covid...its pathetic. its all about political bullshit,
Totally agree about the politics. Where is the data to support that 'all deaths are from Covid', I would like to read

Like you work in a large medical center. It’s real it happens. There are a good number of people who make it but they do suffer in the process. FLU is down and I don’t have that answer. Realistically if we test someone for Covid and they come back positive we’re done testing. If they come back negative then we go farther and test for more.
The problem is the stress on our hospitals. We have patients stuck in here for weeks at a time requiring a lot of oxygen and support. These aren’t people we move out on a few days and say bye that’s the impact on our system. We are the largest hospital in central California and have less than 3 beds open on our ICU 50% of them are covid. The other 50 are a large mix of trauma and your typical chronic diseases which is always a problem.
Now I too hate the shutdown it’s effed up a lot of our life outside of work. The politics piss me off (hate California love the location live in the red zone of California). But I agree it’s more than covid but covid has had a huge impact on our ability to take care of patient's outside of covid let alone having 400+ employees out on leave due to covid so we are short staffed. It’s not a joke but does anybody actually know how to handle this?
I believe Flu is down because of the Covid restrictions, deceased travel both foreign and domestic as well as vaccinations. Do you work at CRMC in Fresno?

Back