Hard Folding Tonneau Cover

The EPIC Roscoe

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
USCG (Ret.)
Current Ride
2021 F250 King Ranch Tremor 7.3L
I absolutely will get a tonneau for the bed when my truck arrives. Question is, do I add it from the factory and get a warranty or wait and get it aftermarket and get a lot of more options and styles? I'm only interested in the hard folding style not the retractable or soft covers. Does anyone have feedback for the factory hard folding tonneau from Ford? Your opinions and possibly pictures would be greatly appreciated.

I absolutely will get a tonneau for the bed when my truck arrives. Question is, do I add it from the factory and get a warranty or wait and get it aftermarket and get a lot of more options and styles? I'm only interested in the hard folding style not the retractable or soft covers. Does anyone have feedback for the factory hard folding tonneau from Ford? Your opinions and possibly pictures would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have any feed back on the factory model but, I went with the Bakflip MX4 and i love it. Very durable and comes with a 5yr warranty. Check it out here: https://bakindustries.com/bakflip-mx4/2020/ford/f-250-super-duty

20200526_202109.jpg
20200526_202041.jpg
20200526_202055.jpg
20200526_181655.jpg
20200528_095409.jpg

Last edited:
I will post my peragon update shortly, half of it has arrived the other bigger package is coming in later in the week. I wanted something to fold in instead of up. I had a bakflip on my Tundra

I have the MX4 as well. I tried to order from the factory but my dealership didn’t add because they don’t check their email... Anyway, It’s my understanding that the one from the factory is basically the MX4 just rebadged as Ford. The install was easy but I would add the factory one to my order if I was doing it today.

+1 on the BakFlip.

I have the BakFlip MX4 on my other truck and love it. Will be adding it to this truck ASAP.

I had a Bakflip F1 for the last 9 years on my f150’s and its was great. Lasted through Midwest winters and performed well. Thats my vote.

I had the BaxFlip MX4 on my last truck and ordered the factory hard folding tonneau on my Tremor, it is virtually identical. I am happy with it.

There is not much to warranty on a hard tonneau cover, so I would not put too much stake in buying it from Ford. I would get it wherever it is the least expensive, which is rarely from the dealer.

I will definitely be buying my Bakflip as soon as my truck arrives.

I have the factory one! love it ! I believe it could be made by bakflip it looks the same. Folds up the same. Its light weight but sturdy. Comes off easy but you don't need to remove it. It was convenient to have it on my order plus I paid just under invoice so the options and extras were also at or below invoice.

Last edited:
BAK MX4 is my favorite. I’ve had the MX4 on the last 4 trucks I’ve owned without a single issue. I tried the Revolver X4 and it seemed to leak on the sides a lot.

If you need any covers, Retrax, BAK, Undercover, etc, I’d be happy to take care of you!

we offer forum discounts on everything :)

www.NEO-garage.com

Attachments

• 1EB5377E-B1DF-4491-A84B-C438564BA535.jpeg
    1EB5377E-B1DF-4491-A84B-C438564BA535.jpeg
    423.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 78F629C7-A018-40EF-97E3-D51F24DDB922.jpeg
    78F629C7-A018-40EF-97E3-D51F24DDB922.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 184
  • F2908E91-9D92-405E-8A91-143DCCD9975E.jpeg
    F2908E91-9D92-405E-8A91-143DCCD9975E.jpeg
    429 KB · Views: 180
so it the picture you can see the latch system to quickly remove it but it will roll all the way up and i believe it is about a foot rolled up for the space it takes up and Truxedo Sentry CT this is a fabric material that is really nice and doesn't fad like the Vinyl ones i have seen

so it the picture you can see the latch system to quickly remove it but it will roll all the way up and i believe it is about a foot rolled up for the space it takes up and Truxedo Sentry CT this is a fabric material that is really nice and doesn't fad like the Vinyl ones i have seen

Awesome! This is what I've been looking for. The quick release and its completely removed. Thanks

I talked to Truxedo sales and they think it rolls up to just over 6". Even if the camper won't fit with it on it looks very easy to remove. Also, I think we have the same color F-350 (Blue Jeans) . Hoping that the water from snow melt rolls off rather than pools on cover.

I ended up getting a retrax pro. I liked the idea of it not blocking the rear window when I need full bed access.

I talked to Truxedo sales and they think it rolls up to just over 6". Even if the camper won't fit with it on it looks very easy to remove. Also, I think we have the same color F-350 (Blue Jeans) . Hoping that the water from snow melt rolls off rather than pools on cover.
so because it is a hard cover it doesn't sag at all have had it on my f150 for over a year and now in the tremor for 2 months and no water in the bed ... stays dry even in a serious storm that rained for 5 hours of driving and it pretty flat but yes it very easy to remove which is what i wanted ... no tools needed... i have never had a pool of water on the cover but to be far i am on a incline so it rolls off anyways

Do you guys know which covers you don't have to open to close the tail gate?

Anyone got a roll-n-lock? or Retrax?

I'm planning on the Line-X LXP which is the Bak MX4 with a line-x coating on it and a lifetime warranty. I almost went with the Undercover Armor Flex because of its line-x coating but will opt for the LXP.

I believe both Undercover and Bak are made together by TruckHero.

Back