F 🌲 50
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Tremor Lithium Gray
First Responder
Retired LEO
I ordered a set of these hammerlocks for the rear hitch as my safety cable hooks were not connecting properly due to the thickness of the receiver. These should get the job done.

4DC07041-18CE-4E97-9CA9-759413734F39.png

Last edited:
How did your install go with the Hammerlocks?

Last edited:
Great suggestion. ??
i used a 10 lb Vise it was easy to hold up the vide by hand use some blocks but the vise will not be bolted down so you need to hold the vise as you turn the handled and i had to use a wrench to keep turning the handled to keep pressing but it is the easiest way with out destroying something and just go nice to slow make SURE EVERYTHING IS LINED UP or your fighting urself ..... ask me how i know

i used a 10 lb Vise it was easy to hold up the vide by hand use some blocks but the vise will not be bolted down so you need to hold the vise as you turn the handled and i had to use a wrench to keep turning the handled to keep pressing but it is the easiest way with out destroying something and just go nice to slow make SURE EVERYTHING IS LINED UP or your fighting urself ..... ask me how i know
Sounds good. I have noticed some reviews where during the install with a hammer owners have really marred and scared the hitch. Your idea sounds like a cleaner Install vs hammering away at the hammerlock against the hitch.
I also read putting the hammer lock and pin in the freezer over night helps with an easier install. Or an air duster - kinda “wonky vid,” but it should work reducing the pin size slightly. That and a little lube may be the trick.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I have noticed some reviews where during the install with a hammer owners have really marred and scared the hitch. Your idea sounds like a cleaner Install vs hammering away at the hammerlock against the hitch.
I also read putting the hammer lock and pin in the freezer over night helps with an easier install. Or an air duster - kinda “wonky vid,” but it should work reducing the pin size slightly. That and a little lube may be the trick.

Well if I heard about this before I would have tried it but yea hammering it great if your not beating up against your truck

How did your install go with the Hammerlocks?

5 minute install per hammer lock. Super easy. Added a tiny bit of lube to the pin. Tapped the pin in with a 4# hammer. Turn the hammerlock up under the hitch and tap pin from the bottom. No marring and dinging up the hitch. ??
1510786C-926E-478B-99A3-ED81835DC190.jpeg

Nice! They look really clean, not beat up and not overbearing.

Thanks, not a difficult install at all. No more issues with safety chains and safety cable connections. Onward!

Can you hear them moving around when you drive?

The only problem I have with mine is the pin is rusty after 2 months and the hitch gets all scraped up after using.

Back